"We haven't disappeared; We're just traveling."

scirreeve

Re: "We haven't disappeared; We're just traveling."

Post by scirreeve » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:11 pm

I flied to the UK today. I have spent a lot of time here over the years. I hear Dotard might be following me. My UK colleagues hate Donny (they also hate Brexit). There seems to be a very important ball kicking game tonight cuz the pub is packed. Is this what this thread is for? I haven't ever posted on it before.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:15 pm

scirreeve wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:11 pm
Is this what this thread is for? I haven't ever posted on it before.
Yeah. :thumbs:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:11 pm

And the kicking ball team that most of the people (seemingly, but unscientific) in the pub supported won. I think it was the Beatles team.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:23 pm

Foggy wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:27 am
Whatever4 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:26 am
Wait.... State College PA? My home town?
Yes'm. :blink:
Brookline or Foxdale? Where does the cousin live? Anyone I know?
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:40 am

Foxdale, and nobody you know, she moved there recently. My cousin who lives here is married to a guy who does medical ultrasound consulting and stuff. His name's Hal. They bought land on Tussey Mtn. and built a lovely home with a view of the valley. We're having a great time, but all good things come to an end. Today we'll have breakfast at my cuz's mountain chalet, and then head back to Bathysphere or wherever it is.
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:37 am

Just got back from Pittsburgh where I saw The Who play in concert....or what's left of them (Roger and Pete) backed by the Pittsburgh Symphony. Great show. For some reason I'd never seen The Who before. It was quite nice seeing these two old friends of 50+ years - one a genius songwriter, the other the singer who brought them to life.

Pittsburgh seems like a nice city. Was there only two nights. My allergies were bothering me so I didn't see as much of it as I would have liked.
Am I being detained?

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:16 am

NotaPerson wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:37 am
Just got back from Pittsburgh where I saw The Who play in concert....or what's left of them (Roger and Pete) backed by the Pittsburgh Symphony. Great show. For some reason I'd never seen The Who before. It was quite nice seeing these two old friends of 50+ years - one a genius songwriter, the other the singer who brought them to life.

Pittsburgh seems like a nice city. Was there only two nights. My allergies were bothering me so I didn't see as much of it as I would have liked.
:-D

It is a nice city!

Sorry your allergies were acting up. I heard the show was great.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Foggy wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:40 am
Foxdale, and nobody you know, she moved there recently. My cousin who lives here is married to a guy who does medical ultrasound consulting and stuff. His name's Hal. They bought land on Tussey Mtn. and built a lovely home with a view of the valley. We're having a great time, but all good things come to an end. Today we'll have breakfast at my cuz's mountain chalet, and then head back to Bathysphere or wherever it is.
Ah, Foxdale. I know several people there. Nice place. Only a block from my former Guest House.

My ashes will be scattered on Tussey, I think. I’ve hiked and camped all over it with Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, 4-H, and friends. The family plot has a lovely view of the mountain**. Ah, memories...

** That’s a PA mountain. Not a real mountain. A ridge, actually. And shorter and lumper than them western things.

[Looks at clock...] I hope the trip home was uneventful.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:39 pm

Whatever4 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:26 pm
[
My ashes will be scattered on Tussey, I think. I’ve hiked and camped all over it with Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, 4-H, and friends. The family plot has a lovely view of the mountain**. Ah, memories...

** That’s a PA mountain. Not a real mountain. A ridge, actually. And shorter and lumper than them western things.

[Looks at clock...] I hope the trip home was uneventful.
Yeah, but my understanding is that the Appalachians were once the tallest mountains the world has ever seen, so there's that! :lol:

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:43 am

AndyinPA wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:39 pm
Yeah, but my understanding is that the Appalachians were once the tallest mountains the world has ever seen, so there's that! :lol:
True that. I remember the annoying uphill/downhill/uphill/downhill/up.... driving I had to endure the last time I drove on I-68.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:05 am

AndyinPA wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:16 am
NotaPerson wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:37 am

:-D

It is a nice city!

Sorry your allergies were acting up. I heard the show was great.
:yeah: The Who!!!! Wowza!
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:07 am

:rotflmao:

Living where I do, that's my every-day experience.

After going to Funchal a few years ago, I decided hills are all relative.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:38 am

State Executive Committee meeting today. AFK all day.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 am

Foggy wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:38 am
State Executive Committee meeting today. AFK all day.
Go get ‘em, Foogie! :cheer1: :cheer:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:47 pm

I might be around a little tomorrow yet, but we are heading out on Thursday to take the kids to Bermuda on a cruise from NYC. Not my kind of cruise, but they gave me a chance to bid on a penthouse suite, so I did, not expecting to get it as I didn't bid much. I got it! Living room, master bedroom, two baths, and a HUGE deck. Also, use of The Haven facilities and all kinds of perks. We took my granddaughter on the same cruise three years ago and had a pretty standard stateroom. She knows this is very different. However, this is our grandson's first. He's being spoiled rotten and will have quite a comedown if we ever take him on another one. :-D

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:48 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:47 pm
I might be around a little tomorrow yet, but we are heading out on Thursday to take the kids to Bermuda on a cruise from NYC. Not my kind of cruise, but they gave me a chance to bid on a penthouse suite, so I did, not expecting to get it as I didn't bid much. I got it! Living room, master bedroom, two baths, and a HUGE deck. Also, use of The Haven facilities and all kinds of perks. We took my granddaughter on the same cruise three years ago and had a pretty standard stateroom. She knows this is very different. However, this is our grandson's first. He's being spoiled rotten and will have quite a comedown if we ever take him on another one. :-D
Have fun!!! Is this Norwegian? Love that line!
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:14 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:48 pm
AndyinPA wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:47 pm
Have fun!!! Is this Norwegian? Love that line!
Yep, Norwegian Escape. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big for my tastes, but The Haven definitely sweetens the pot.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:27 pm

I’ve been on the Pearl and the Sun (which is a little smaller than the Pearl).
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:14 pm

The MaybeClan went horseback riding!

I think this picture cut someone out... there were nine of us.
9229225A-ED35-4036-9517-AF85D11FD9F3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:29 pm

In Maryland tonight on the way to a family wedding in North Carolina.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:04 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:27 pm
I’ve been on the Pearl and the Sun (which is a little smaller than the Pearl).
We are now looking at other cruises that the Escape does, regardless of size! The Haven was amazing! It was like having your own private ship within the ship. I'd probably look at any other NCL ship that has The Haven on it. I think most do now.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:51 am

Yeah well, we're on the way to the beach today for a week. AFK most of the day. :wave:

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:55 pm

So this just happened: I am at the Mount Laurel Autoharp Gathering in Newport, Pennsylvania ( :wave: hi Andy, hi Mags!). I’m not really an autoharp player. I came here with a borrowed harp, and I’m taking a few classes, but I am very excited about learning to play. Before the concert tonight they announced that as part of a new program to introduce the autoharp to a wider pool of musicians, they were giving away a brand new Oscar Schmitt autoharp. And they gave it to me. I am so honored!
208FA4A3-FD6C-4306-AA5F-5856C2CBBCEF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:59 pm

Congrats.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Return to “The Lounge”