Our Big Gay Gossip, Hottie Alert and News/Opinion Lounge (All Are Welcome)

Addie

Re: Our Big Gay Gossip, Hottie Alert and News/Opinion Lounge (All Are Welcome)

Post by Addie » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:25 pm

Barack Obama ✔ @BarackObama
You've got a lot to be proud of, Jiwandeep. Thanks for everything you do to make this country a little more equal. Turban looks great, by the way. Happy Pride Month, everybody!

Jiwandeep Kohli
@jiwandeepkohli
I’m proud to be a bisexual bearded baking brain scientist. I feel fortunate to be able to express all these aspects of my identity, and will continue to work toward ensuring the same freedom for others. #PrideMonth #PrideTurban #LoveIsLove

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:56 pm

We love you Pete and Chasten but tonight it's the Tony Awards all the way! :clap: :P :towel:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/09/thea ... wards.html
Tony Awards 2019 Live Updates: Start Time, Red Carpet and Nominees

Cher, Jake Gyllenhaal and Audra McDonald are expected to join the host James Corden at the 73rd annual ceremony.
Michael Paulson

Right Now

The ceremony starts at 8 p.m. Eastern.
Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:44 am

Faye Dunaway is awesome, she's always been really nice to me, no idea what happened here but it sounds funny.
Report: Faye Dunaway Fired From Broadway-Bound Play for Slapping Crew Member
By Zoe Papadakis | Thursday, 25 July 2019 10:34 AM

Faye Dunaway has been fired as the lead from Broadway-bound play "Tea at Five" for slapping one of the crew members during a meltdown several sources claim, according to a published report. The Oscar-winning actress was cast to play Katharine Hepburn in the bio-play but in the weeks leading up to the pre-Broadway tryout, things started to spiral out of control.

In the final week of the run earlier this month, the performance was abruptly canceled. No explanation was offered at the time but sources have now alleged to the New York Post's Michael Riedel that it was because Dunaway was creating a toxic environment backstage that was becoming increasingly "hostile."

Some claimed the actress had begun "verbally abusing" staff. At one point she reportedly started to throw mirrors, combs and hairpins at crew members when they tried to help her put on her wig. According to sources, Dunaway had wanted to play a younger version of Hepburn and had been pulling the gray hairs out of the wig. :lol:

The most shocking charge is she reportedly slapped a crew member as tension backstage rose, the Post reported. Dunaway was initially excited about the role and threw herself into her work. However, as the weeks wore on, sources said things got bad. "She seemed committed to the role, and fun to be around," one unnamed source told the Post. The first sign of trouble was at a photoshoot.

Dunaway was reportedly becoming increasingly preoccupied with her weight and, when given a salad, she allegedly hurled the bowl to the floor. In a statement to Deadline, producers Ben Feldman and Scott Beck confirmed they had "terminated their relationship with Faye Dunaway," adding that "plans are in development for the play to have its West End debut early next year with a new actress to play the role of Katharine Hepburn."
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/faye- ... id/925881/

Ben and Scott are fuc*ed... to lose Faye Dunaway as Hepburn over a salad and slapping a teamster? Losers. They'll regret this.

This is one of my fav movie scenes ever, Dunaway and William Holden in NETWORK -- Holden just wants sex but Dunaway is consumed by her career and TV.

Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Amtrak. Just one more reason to enjoy the ride!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:55 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:44 am
Faye Dunaway is awesome, she's always been really nice to me, no idea what happened here but it sounds funny.

<snip>

Ben and Scott are fuc*ed... to lose Faye Dunaway as Hepburn over a salad and slapping a teamster? Losers. They'll regret this.
Because assault and workplace violence should be acceptable. Is that it?
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:12 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:55 pm
Orlylicious wrote:

<snip>

Yeah, I don't trust anything reported by Newsmax—and I can't really be bothered to try to corroborate any of this—but workplace slapping should be unacceptable even if you are the star.
How deep could the Deep State go if the Deep State could go deep?

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:33 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:45 am

What do you call it when you identify as a straight female but have had a crush on Stevie Nicks since the 70s?
Good taste!
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

P.K.
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

Post by P.K. » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:35 pm

SuzieC wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:27 pm
I'm straight but I keep falling in love with gay guys that I meet in my yoga classes. They are so handsome with their smooth sculpted chests, and so nice and kind. My current gay BFF and I talk for hours every day about yoga gossip and everything else under the sun. He tells me that he has always been blessed with close female friends. I love him but I also love his partner with whom he has shared a 25 year committed relationship. :lovestruck:

Is this normal?
I'm a (straight) theatre person, and it's very normal as far as I'm concerned. I love all my gay theatre guys! :lovestruck: The gay theatre gals are fun too.
IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played on on TV.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:39 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Orlylicious wrote:

<snip>

Maybenaut, Faye Dunaway is 78 years old, I hadn't considered assault and workplace violence. Does that happen with frail 78 year olds? My point was she would have made those producers a fortune playing Hepburn. Now it's 50/50 the show will even continue, meaning all those folks will lose their jobs. If it came off cavalier, I'm sorry about that.

Love the talk about the gay theatre boys, that's my posse :P We love you girls too!

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:39 pm
Maybenaut wrote:
Orlylicious wrote:

<snip>

Maybenaut, Faye Dunaway is 78 years old, I hadn't considered assault and workplace violence. Does that happen with frail 78 year olds? My point was she would have made those producers a fortune playing Hepburn. Now it's 50/50 the show will even continue, meaning all those folks will lose their jobs. If it came off cavalier, I'm sorry about that.
Yes, it does. Not that it matters, but the age, gender, and relative size of the victim isn’t in the article. But lets say for the sake of argument the person she slapped was a 200 lb body builder who could have snapped her like a twig. They were still right to fire her, because where does an employer draw the line when it comes to its obligation to protect employees from other employees it knows to be violent? This time she threw a salad. Next time might be a paperweight.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:11 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:25 pm
Woot! This is a two-fer: A Republican holding Donald accountable and... Justin is friggen jacked. ...

* Please remember this topic is meant to be catty and fun.
Justin is a hottie but I have a feeling that he has “no fats no femmes” on his grindr profile. Big masc4masc energy there
How deep could the Deep State go if the Deep State could go deep?

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:23 am

Plus probably the ubiquitous "DL" :lol: Or will he get cute geeky and put "CSPAN and chill"? :P

He should hook up with ex AZ Sheriff Paul Babeu... oh wait, he only likes latins. And if he can deport them.

Paul Babeu's Mexican Ex-Lover Says Sheriff's Attorney Threatened Him With Deportation
By Monica Alonzo
PHOENIX NEW TIMES | FEBRUARY 18, 2012
Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu — who became the face of Arizona border security nationally after he started stridently opposing illegal immigration — threatened his Mexican ex-lover with deportation when the man refused to promise never to disclose their years-long relationship.
https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/pa ... on-6454567

On a bright note for Paul, because Babeu was so sloppy, he won't be charged for mismanaging over $2M. Poor AZ residents, so many settlements, so much hustling.
State won't charge former Pinal County officials for 'eyebrow-raising' use of RICO funds
Robert Anglen, Arizona Republic Published 9:21 p.m. MT April 10, 2019

Two top former law-enforcement officials in Pinal County won't face state criminal charges over their questionable use of profits from property seized during arrests and investigations. The Arizona Attorney General's Office said Wednesday it would not prosecute former Sheriff Paul Babeu and former County Attorney Lando Voyles for what it described as "eyebrow-raising" expenditures.

"There was definitely sloppy record-keeping and a lack of checks and balances," Ryan Anderson, the AG's director of communications, said. "But that didn't rise to the level of criminal activity." The decision comes months after state auditorsfound Babeu and Voyles mismanaged more than $2 million in so-called racketeering, or RICO, funds.

Auditors said the pair funneled money to community groups without proper oversight and sometimes without paperwork detailing how the money would be spent. Auditors said Babeu and Voyles also sent $683,406 to anonprofit called the Arizona Public Safety Foundation managed by members of the sheriff's staff, a potential violation of conflict-of-interest laws.

The poor record-keeping noted by auditors was also a key factor preventing the AG's office from filing charges against Babeu and Voyles, Anderson said.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 426837002/

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:37 am

Yay! I didn't know this existed... Amazon Prime has 4 seasons of a show called "Two's Company" from 1975. It stars Elaine Stritch, she's awesome, it's her travails with an English butler she hires. With a live audience, each episode is in two parts, it's very theatrical.
A sitcom depicting the reluctant but content relationship between a pushy American woman, Dorothy McNab and the old-fashioned English handyman-cook-butler, Robert Hillier who is debonair, confident and the essence of British politeness, whom she has employed. With Robert feeling as negative about Americans as Dorothy does about the English, life becomes a battle over who will win the upper hand.

Starring Elaine Stritch, Donald Sinden

96% liked this TV show Google users
Description The relationship between a pushy woman and her snobbish employee.
First episode date: September 6, 1975
Final episode date: March 4, 1979
Number of episodes: 29
Network: ITV
Genre: Comedy
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B0796JWP2Q

Someone put them on YouTube too.

I sure miss Elaine, she was one of a kind. Loved her.

Just found a version of Ladies Who Lunch I'd never seen, it's awesome!!

Garth Schilling
Published on Jun 20, 2013
My spirit animal Elaine Stritch BLOWS The Ladies Who Lunch out of the stratosphere in what is possibly her finest live version of this classic song. Singing directly into the camera, giving you all the original Michael Bennett Choreography. This is spectacular. RISE!!!

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:05 am

Damn you Ryan Murphy! :lol: We are finally getting to the Assassination of Gianni Versace, it's on Netflix now with Darren Criss (hottie from Glee). Ryan's such a great storyteller that we're already up to E4, it's amazing.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:25 am

As Gomer Pyle would say, Surprise surprise surprise. NBC News via AP via Post and Courier...

Conversion therapy crusader has something to say: He's gay
“Conversion therapy is not just a lie, but it’s very harmful,” said McKrae Game, a South Carolinian who founded one of the nation's biggest ex-gay ministries.
Sept. 3, 2019, 11:16 AM EDT By Associated Press

SPARTANBURG, S.C. - A South Carolina man who founded one of the nation's biggest conversion therapy ministries has something to say: he's gay. The Post and Courier reports Hope for Wholeness founder McKrae Game came out of the closet this summer, nearly two years after he was fired from the faith-based conversion therapy program.

He's now trying to come to terms with the harm he inflicted when he was advocating for religious efforts to change a person's sexuality. “Conversion therapy is not just a lie, but it’s very harmful,” Game told The Post and Courier. “Because it’s false advertising.”

Once-prominent 'conversion therapist' will now 'pursue life as a gay man'
The 51-year-old also is trying to find his place in a community he's assailed for at least 20 years. Game is one of several former movement leaders who have left the pulpits of heterosexuality, come out as LGBTQ and condemned conversion therapy as a dangerous and misleading practice.

Currently, 18 states and Washington, D.C., ban the practice of conversion therapy for minors, according to Movement Advancement Project, an LGBTQ think tank. South Carolina, however, is not one of these states.
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out ... y-n1049146

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 8 years so far Admin Law Judge for 3 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:09 pm

My gay BFFs are getting married! Keeping wedding quiet and no social media but anyway, any etiquette tips? Not sure how many family members willl be there.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:49 am

SuzieC wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:09 pm
My gay BFFs are getting married! Keeping wedding quiet and no social media but anyway, any etiquette tips? Not sure how many family members willl be there.
Celebrate with them
Don't get drunk and embarrass anyone
Give them a nice gift
Hug everybody

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:26 am

"Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where they're registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern."

Congratulations to the happy couple.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:14 pm

What they said. :lovestruck:
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:26 pm

Find out if and where they are registered.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Return to “The Lounge”