Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Shizzle Popped

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Shizzle Popped

Post by Foggy »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Saturday we drove to Bridgeport, IL and back to visit Mrs. Shizzle's aunt who is stage 4 and probably doesn't have long to live. Saturday night we got a call from my 92 year old dad. He had fallen and was having trouble getting up and hadn't been feeling good all day. He thought maybe he needed to go to the hospital. Luckily, he has a neighborhood of people who look out for him and we're friends with someone two doors down. They came down to look after him while we called 911. Since I'm in doctor appointment hell at the moment my wonderful wife drove over Sunday morning to make sure he was being taken care of. We had just come home from seeing him last Wednesday because I had appointments on Thursday and Friday. She's honestly better with the medical stuff than I am anyway. He came home today and has an appointment with home health care tomorrow but somebody is going to have to be with him for a while. That's probably mostly going to be my wife since I've got two or three appointments a week in the near future. It's not an issue since my dad kind of considers her like the daughter he never had. He even signed a POA for her at the bank today so she can handle financial affairs if he's not able to. His idea. The trip to the hospital netted a new cardiologist (he hasn't liked the last two) and the discovery that he has a UTI, which explains a few things. I have a PT appointment tomorrow and a dental appointment on Thursday to set a couple of permanent crowns. One of the temporaries started to disintegrate Sunday morning while I was brushing my teeth so it can't wait. After that I'll make the St. Louis run again to spend the weekend and take my wife her medications. It's been a long week or so.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Shizzle Popped

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Shizzle Popped

Post by AndyinPA »

UTIs explain a lot of unpleasantries in the elderly, unfortunately.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Shizzle Popped

Post by bill_g »

Life is throwing you some storms. Plant your feet, face the rain, and lean into the wind. :bighug:
p0rtia

Shizzle Popped

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug: :heart:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Shizzle Popped

Post by Foggy »

Out from under. :thumbsup:
Lani

Shizzle Popped

Post by Lani »

Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:48 am:bighug:
Wish you peace :bighug:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Shizzle Popped

Post by Maybenaut »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
June bug

Shizzle Popped

Post by June bug »

:bighug: :bighug: to you and yours :bighug: :bighug:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”