Weird Headlines

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 22076
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: Weird Headlines

#301

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:07 am
https:// twitter.com/derekjGZ/status/1153758415589715969
Derek Johnson @derekjGZ
THIS IS AN ACTUAL HEADLINE
<< Kabul asking Washington for clarification over Trump whiping out Afghanistan >>
22:06 - 23 Jul 2019
:brickwallsmall: when I did hear dotus speak during the press conference with the Pakistani PM :brickwallsmall:

Like if Afghanistan the US were at war with Afghanistan and not their military supporters. And the US is not "at war with afghanistan proper" but has the Taliban as foe (apart that they are having some kind of peace talks). I wonder what the impression of dotus on the PM of Pakistan was, does Pakistan now have free hand to cross the border into Afghanistan? Are their tribes now free to attack across the border?

User avatar
Volkonski
Posts: 23601
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast and North Fork of Long Island
Occupation: Retired Mechanical Engineer

Re: Weird Headlines

#302

Post by Volkonski » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:02 pm

New York Farmers Hope To Discover New Hops

https://modernfarmer.com/2019/07/new-yo ... lIdkNTNKpQ
New York hop farmers are looking to discover wild varieties of the aromatic plant to try to stay competitive with growers in the Pacific Northwest.

In the 19th century New York was the center of the hop growing industry in North America, until a blight of downy mildew devastated many of the area’s hop farms. The state’s commercial hop farms peaked around 1890 when they produced 21 million pounds of dried hops from 40,000 acres.

:snippity:

The project, long-windedly called Advancing New York’s Hop Industry with Unique Varieties and Quality Assurance, has been collecting hops found growing on area farmers’ properties. The hops are then sent away for a DNA test to verify they are unique varieties. They are also analyzed for their beer producing quality and whether they have disease resistance.

:snippity:

In 2013, New York state started issuing what are called farm brewery licenses to breweries that agreed to use a certain percentage of locally grown ingredients in their beer. These new licenses provided incentives, such as letting breweries serve draught beer in glasses. Growers say this helped spark some more sales, but it can still be a struggle to sell one season’s harvest within a couple years.
We have a farm brewery here in our little hamlet. They grow hops and barley.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

User avatar
Azastan
Posts: 3768
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 am

Re: Weird Headlines

#303

Post by Azastan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:21 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:02 pm
New York Farmers Hope To Discover New Hops

https://modernfarmer.com/2019/07/new-yo ... lIdkNTNKpQ
New York hop farmers are looking to discover wild varieties of the aromatic plant to try to stay competitive with growers in the Pacific Northwest.

In the 19th century New York was the center of the hop growing industry in North America, until a blight of downy mildew devastated many of the area’s hop farms. The state’s commercial hop farms peaked around 1890 when they produced 21 million pounds of dried hops from 40,000 acres.

:snippity:

The project, long-windedly called Advancing New York’s Hop Industry with Unique Varieties and Quality Assurance, has been collecting hops found growing on area farmers’ properties. The hops are then sent away for a DNA test to verify they are unique varieties. They are also analyzed for their beer producing quality and whether they have disease resistance.

:snippity:

In 2013, New York state started issuing what are called farm brewery licenses to breweries that agreed to use a certain percentage of locally grown ingredients in their beer. These new licenses provided incentives, such as letting breweries serve draught beer in glasses. Growers say this helped spark some more sales, but it can still be a struggle to sell one season’s harvest within a couple years.
We have a farm brewery here in our little hamlet. They grow hops and barley.
My spouse and I make an annual trip to Fort Simcoe State Park (located kinda near White Swan, WA). There are a lot of new hop plantings along the roads.

User avatar
DejaMoo
Posts: 4993
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 pm
Occupation: Agent of ZOG

Re: Weird Headlines

#304

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:46 pm

Gay Babies Come From Anal Sex With Pregnant Moms, Bishop Says
Church of Cyprus bishop Neophytos Masouras of Morphou recently made the claims while speaking at an event in Akaki.

“It [homosexuality] is a problem, which is usually transmitted by parents to the child,” he explained.

“To be more clear, anal sex. [Saint Porfyrios] says that when the woman enjoys that, a desire is created, and then the desire is passed on to the child.”
I've heard this bull before.

User avatar
ZekeB
Posts: 16021
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Northwest part of Semi Blue State

Re: Weird Headlines

#305

Post by ZekeB » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:51 pm

If two gay people have sex, their child will most likely be gay? I'll make a note. The scientific knowledge of some clergy astounds me. He must not be considering that two gay women might not be so much into what he mentioned. Perhaps he's thinking of the Torah where sex between two women isn't forbidden.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

User avatar
Whip
Posts: 3955
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Weird Headlines

#306

Post by Whip » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:03 pm

ha! babies come out the butt. I knew it!

User avatar
DejaMoo
Posts: 4993
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 pm
Occupation: Agent of ZOG

Re: Weird Headlines

#307

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:51 pm

ZekeB wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:51 pm
If two gay people have sex, their child will most likely be gay? I'll make a note. The scientific knowledge of some clergy astounds me.
No, he thinks anal sex = gay sex, and thus enjoying anal sex means you're gay, so if a woman enjoys having anal sex with her husband, and eventually has kids, she'll pass that enjoyment to her kids, meaning they'll be gay, too.

Read up on early to medieval christian church history, and you'll find that priests had to walk a tightrope when preaching about appropriate marital sex and asking questions during confession. They had to teach their flock the church's precept that marital sex was meant to be strictly reproductive, man-on-top-get-it-over-with-quick; thus, anything else was sinful. This was complicated by the fact that the church knew full well that some people employed alternate forms of sex to avoid pregnancy. So in order to make that point they had to talk about other forms of sex, and they had to find a way to do so without going into too much detail that could pique people's curiosity and give them the idea to try something they hadn't thought to do before.
I've heard this bull before.

Uninformed
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 7:52 am
Location: England

Re: Weird Headlines

#308

Post by Uninformed » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:48 pm

"Boris Johnson's new spin doctor was Daily Mirror chicken"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49165504

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 22076
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: Weird Headlines

#309

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:18 am

Passenger discovers Southwest Airlines flight attendant in overhead bin

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation ... 86392.html

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 22076
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: Weird Headlines

#310

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:41 am

Crocodile with surgical plate in stomach may provide clue to missing person

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
DejaMoo
Posts: 4993
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 pm
Occupation: Agent of ZOG

Re: Weird Headlines

#311

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:37 pm

Tee off at the cathedral: House of worship adds mini-golf
Putts are joining prayers at Britain’s Rochester Cathedral, where a mini-golf course has been installed inside the medieval house of worship.
I've heard this bull before.

User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 10026
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Weird Headlines

#312

Post by Chilidog » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:38 pm

Antique dildo will stay in Ireland after sex shop owner campaigns to save it
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as ... -1.5230262

Pics at link.

User avatar
Dolly
Posts: 14239
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Weird Headlines

#313

Post by Dolly » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:54 pm

Arizona man finds out mother's body donated to science was sold to be used in IED blast test
► Show Spoiler
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... e-was-sold
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

User avatar
MsDaisy
Posts: 5030
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Weird Headlines

#314

Post by MsDaisy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:45 pm

A ‘vampire’s’ remains were found about 30 years ago. Now DNA is giving him new life.
He had been in his grave so long that when his family dug him up to burn his heart, the organ had decomposed and was not there.

Desperate to stop him from stalking them, they took his head and limbs and rearranged them on top of his ribs in the design of a skull and cross bones. He was a “vampire” after all, and in rural New England in the early 1800s, this was how you dealt with them.

When they were finished, they reburied him in his stone-lined grave and replaced the wooden coffin lid, on which someone had used brass tacks to form the inscription “JB 55,” for his initials and his age.

Now, 200 years or so after the death of what is now the country’s best studied “vampire,” DNA sleuths have tracked down his probable name: John Barber.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/ ... ef15ee5f09

Interesting story...
Birfers are toast

User avatar
Azastan
Posts: 3768
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 am

Re: Weird Headlines

#315

Post by Azastan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:19 pm

Strange happenings in Harney County.

http://www.myeasternoregon.com/2019/08/ ... s-respond/

User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 10026
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Weird Headlines

#316

Post by Chilidog » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:48 pm

Azastan wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:19 pm
Strange happenings in Harney County.

http://www.myeasternoregon.com/2019/08/ ... s-respond/
Scavengers

User avatar
AndyinPA
Posts: 3187
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh PA

Re: Weird Headlines

#317

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:50 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:48 pm
Azastan wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:19 pm
Strange happenings in Harney County.

http://www.myeasternoregon.com/2019/08/ ... s-respond/
Scavengers
Devil worshippers?

User avatar
Estiveo
Posts: 8163
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Trouble's Howse

Re: Weird Headlines

#318

Post by Estiveo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:10 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:50 pm
Chilidog wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:48 pm
Azastan wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:19 pm
Strange happenings in Harney County.

http://www.myeasternoregon.com/2019/08/ ... s-respond/
Scavengers
Devil worshippers?
Lonely poots.
Image Image Image Image Image

User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 10026
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Weird Headlines

#319

Post by Chilidog » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:15 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:50 pm
Chilidog wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:48 pm
Azastan wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:19 pm
Strange happenings in Harney County.

http://www.myeasternoregon.com/2019/08/ ... s-respond/
Scavengers
Devil worshippers?
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4456

User avatar
Azastan
Posts: 3768
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 am

Re: Weird Headlines

#320

Post by Azastan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:23 pm

Estiveo wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:10 pm
AndyinPA wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:50 pm
Chilidog wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:48 pm


Scavengers
Devil worshippers?
Lonely poots.
Scavengers, yes--but they were apparently shot first.

Lonely poots. Perhaps.

I was actually wondering if there was some connection with the Hammonds, but then decided it was probably Kap'n Karl thinking that he'd rounded up some FEDCOATS and shot them for treason.

User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 10026
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Weird Headlines

#321

Post by Chilidog » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:03 am

From the article
Deputies couldn’t find a cause of death, stating no entry wound or bullet was located. we’ll keep you updated if any more information comes in.

User avatar
Whip
Posts: 3955
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Weird Headlines

#322

Post by Whip » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:09 am

Azastan wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:23 pm
I was actually wondering if there was some connection with the Hammonds, but then decided it was probably Kap'n Karl thinking that he'd rounded up some FEDCOATS and shot them for treason.
:rotflmao:

User avatar
Azastan
Posts: 3768
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 am

Re: Weird Headlines

#323

Post by Azastan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:32 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:03 am
From the article
Deputies couldn’t find a cause of death, stating no entry wound or bullet was located. we’ll keep you updated if any more information comes in.
My guess would be scavengers, but I'm trying to have a bit of fun here with Kap'n Karl and his imaginary militia!

User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 10026
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Weird Headlines

#324

Post by Chilidog » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:54 pm

:like:

User avatar
Whip
Posts: 3955
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Weird Headlines

#325

Post by Whip » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Azastan wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:32 pm
Chilidog wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:03 am
From the article
Deputies couldn’t find a cause of death, stating no entry wound or bullet was located. we’ll keep you updated if any more information comes in.
My guess would be scavengers, but I'm trying to have a bit of fun here with Kap'n Karl and his imaginary militia!
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”