No Catz but Kate's OK

Princess foofypants

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Princess foofypants » Wed May 15, 2019 8:51 pm

49F4BC58-5ACA-4AC1-854E-D3F4D98A81A0.jpeg
We lost Weeny (the best cat in the world) last month. She was not a clever cat. Indeed she may have been the starting point of the cat iq curve. But she was the sweetest, gentlest, friendliest cat in the world. The last year or so she was blind, deafish and wearing diapers but she still was a happy little purrball. She was the best and we still miss her everyday. So do her brother Simba and sister Peanut.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed May 15, 2019 8:56 pm

:bighug: :crying:

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed May 15, 2019 8:56 pm

So sorry, Princess. R.I.P. sweet, beautiful Weeny.

:bighug:
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Weeny’s sweetness even comes through in her picture. So sorry, hon.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 16, 2019 7:51 am

RIP, Weeny. Beautiful girl.
Every locked door has a key. - Emika Chen

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu May 16, 2019 7:57 am

Sorry for your loss, Princess.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:58 am

Weenie was the bestest. She loved me. All floof and no substance. You had the best stories about her brainlessness.

:brokenheart: :lovestruck: :brokenheart: :lovestruck:

My favorite:
I love how, like clockwork, my kittehs go into the kitchen right around 5:30 and wait in the bay window for me to come home from work. It's so sweet.Even if they have to leave the comfort of my lap to go and wait for me.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu May 16, 2019 10:17 am

:brokenheart: I'm so sorry for the loss of Weenie, she does look so sweet in that photo. What a cute ball of fluff, too! RIP Weenie.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu May 16, 2019 10:20 am

So sorry, Princess. :crying:
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu May 16, 2019 9:03 pm

Some friends of mine have moved from Los Angeles to up near Yosemite and took the two feral cats they've taken care of for years with them.

This was easier said than done. They managed to catch Rorschach right away on Monday, but Fat Fergus was having none of it.

Greg & Cindi have been trading off between the two homes since (no small feat as it's a 4 hour drive, one way) and Cindi finally captured Fergus this afternoon.

They've rigged an indoor/outdoor enclosure until they acclimate, and are already feeding the ferals left behind by the previous owners :evil: . (2 kittens & 4 adults, all needing to be caught & spayed/neutered.)

I just wanted to share that because I think Greg & Cindi are awesome for taking such good care of their ferals.
Edit: ETA: Greg & Cindi are the friends who met the bobcat while walking their dogs, Havoc & Mayhem, pic/video upthread, pg 186.
Image Image Image Image Image

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Thanks for sharing that — Greg and Cindi are awesome! :thumbs:
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu May 16, 2019 10:49 pm

To Greg & Cindi and all the cats and kittens

:grouphug:

and Estiveo too

:bighug: :kiss:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri May 17, 2019 7:48 am

News reports that Grumpy Cat has crossed the Rainbow Bridge at seven.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 pm
Thanks for sharing that — Greg and Cindi are awesome! :thumbs:
:thumbs:
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Fri May 17, 2019 10:07 am

Internet meme Grumpy Cat dies after making people smile 'when times were tough'
<snip>
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/i ... smile-when
Grumpy Cat
‏Verified account
@RealGrumpyCat

Some days are grumpier than others...

► Show Spoiler
2:00 AM - 17 May 2019

tencats

Post by tencats » Sat May 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:24 pm
Check with your local Big Fix. They usually have live traps you can borrow for a $5 deposit and they spay/neuter for free as long as the cats are feral and you agree to the ear tipping. In and out on the same day. Toss a donation their way if you can.
Tried that last September and October. Two BIG rescue organizations that would usually have traps to loan didn't. Bank card # with promise to return after 28 days or they charge $80 replacement. Three times I went for traps and they had only one or none available. First trap loaned was broken, second loaner was working but oddly too small, likely it was for trapping squirrels. Got one call back from a referral through Alley Cat Allies or someone. The person that offered to assist was no help but gave good advise. Spay or neuter for the cats costs something like $85 at one clinic. Another that I have taken rescue cats to in the past is $145. Both will do feral cats for no cost two days a week but they are currently swamped with appointments. Purchased my own trap earlier this year but not sure how one cat at a time is going to work. Trap and release in that small area I don't think has a future. Thought there was only two or three cats that needed help to get through the "severe freeze" end of January and into February last.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:26 pm

Tricksy wants to play Red Dot. All the time.
F434E7BB-B867-4E9F-A25A-2FC608D08D4D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

jemcanada

Post by jemcanada » Sat May 18, 2019 7:36 pm

So sorry about Weeny, Princess. :crying: the story about the cats in the bay window did make me laugh though.

Tricksy is gorgeous!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat May 18, 2019 7:44 pm

What a big girl T is now. Look on Amazon for battery operated red dot toys. The one I have goes for ten minutes at a time. Way more action than I can give them just pointing the laser pen.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Sat May 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Tricksy is stunning. :lovestruck:

Our female, Sophie, quickly figured out that the Red Dot is controlled by the humans, and lost all interest. She prefers toy mice or the rings off of milk jugs. Her optimal playtime is while her people are fast asleep. She will carry her chosen prey onto the bed and proceed to yell at it and wrestle with it atop her sleeping servants.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:02 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:39 pm
Tricksy is stunning. :lovestruck:

Our female, Sophie, quickly figured out that the Red Dot is controlled by the humans, and lost all interest. She prefers toy mice or the rings off of milk jugs. Her optimal playtime is while her people are fast asleep. She will carry her chosen prey onto the bed and proceed to yell at it and wrestle with it atop her sleeping servants.
Tricksy knows I control the red dot so she asks me to play. (W2 sucks at dot, she says.) She doesn’t really chase it mindlessly: she stalks it and pounces, unless the dot comes near enough. So we do 10 minutes or so at a time with sometimes moving, mostly staying in different spots. If I stop before she’s bored, she’ll run over to me and complain. She’ll also jump up on the end table and push the pointer over to me.

We got the pointers on Amazon, a set of 2 USB rechargeable. No worries about batteries. (Also has a regular flashlight and a UV light for pet stains.)
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Princess foofypants

Post by Princess foofypants » Sat May 18, 2019 10:22 pm

We used to play red dot until I realized one night that one of our cats had convinced herself red dot was in the hallway closet and spent about 12 hours staring motionless at the door. It made me feel like a bad cat mama. Besides Simba figured out immediately that we were somehow involved and lost interest and it frightened Peanut. All toys frighten Peanut.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Sun May 19, 2019 4:02 am

Since I mentioned Her Majesty the Empress Sophie (and because I'm having quite a hard time sleeping), I thought I'd provide another photo of her looking annoyed. But she's so pretty when she's annoyed!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun May 19, 2019 6:30 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:02 am
Since I mentioned Her Majesty the Empress Sophie (and because I'm having quite a hard time sleeping), I thought I'd provide another photo of her looking annoyed. But she's so pretty when she's annoyed!
Oh yeah ... that's definitely the "You have to sleep sometime" face. :shock:
Every locked door has a key. - Emika Chen

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”