2013: Boston Mayor's Race

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:25 pm

The preliminary election for Mayor was held today. I think I'm in a different country than some of you. [link]It's labor advocate vs. former teacher in Boston mayor's race,http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09 ... ayors-race[/link]BOSTON — A state representative with strong ties to Boston's labor movement and a former teacher turned city councilor focused on improving the school system emerged as the top two contenders in Boston's preliminary mayoral election on Tuesday. State representative Martin Walsh and Councilor John Connolly, both Democrats, took the top two spots in the city's non-partisan first-round vote, and will face off in November in the general election to succeed the city's longest-serving mayor, Thomas Menino.Walsh had 18.4 percent of the vote and Connolly 17.5 percent, in a crowded 12-candidate field in the city's first competitive mayoral race in decades, according to unofficial city election department figures. :::snip:::Liberal-leaning Boston has not elected a Republican mayor since 1926.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:13 pm

:lol: Yes, I remember when growing up in eastern Massachusetts that the only elections that mattered were the Democratic Party's primaries.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:26 am

We've been getting 6-7 survey calls per day for the past week. I suspect we're the only Republican household with a landline in the Fenway. W2 started lying to them, but that paled and now we just hang up on the automated surveys and tell the human ones that we don't answer surveys. (Some are probably push calls designed around a survey, but we don't listen enough to get to that point. ) The celebrity robocalls haven't started yet. Probably after baseball is done.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Return to “Election 2013”