Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Report Problems/Questions Here

Post by Foggy »

The problem with adding board styles is that somebody has to create a new Fogbow logo for each style, since every dang one uses different dimensions for the logo. And then somebody has to edit the files to add the "Active Topics" link to every page, top and bottom. And a few more little things that mean I have to do some ... shudder ... some work.

But as long as I'm thinking about X-Creamy, are there any other requests? 8-)
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I have tried new board styles but I always end up switching back to Pro Silver.

Edit: I guess I don't do change when it comes to Internet things. I have had the same browser, Mozilla/Firefox, and the same home home page, My Yahoo, for over 20 years.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:54 am The problem with adding board styles is that somebody has to create a new Fogbow logo for each style, since every dang one uses different dimensions for the logo. And then somebody has to edit the files to add the "Active Topics" link to every page, top and bottom. And a few more little things that mean I have to do some ... shudder ... some work.

But as long as I'm thinking about X-Creamy, are there any other requests? 8-)
Sorry! You should lobby for that $15/hr minimum wage. 🤑🙂🤗
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Reality Check wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:11 am I have tried new board styles but I always end up switching back to Pro Silver.

Edit: I guess I don't do change when it comes to Internet things. I have had the same browser, Mozilla/Firefox, and the same home home page, My Yahoo, for over 20 years.
Same. I don't even understand the obsession with smilies.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:41 am :snip:
Same. I don't even understand the obsession with smilies.
I used some of them like the snippety one but I cannot imagine ever using a USC or UCLA logo, ever. ;)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Reality Check wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:11 am I have tried new board styles but I always end up switching back to Pro Silver.

X-Creamy is easiest on my eyes, although I don't know why. It just is. If no one cares, that's cool.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

No, I agree. X creamy is the one I prefer.
Image Image Image Image
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

For anyone still having problems with the display of Active Topics, I spent some time looking at the thread on the phpBB support forums about it.

The good news: It's not just you, all kinds of people are having the problem.

The bad news: There are SIX PAGES of posts about it, and I'm not sure they've really solved the problem. If anyone wants to read all that, I'm open to concrete suggestions ... otherwise, I plan to live with it until the next upgrade of the phpBB software.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

On the bright side, X-Creamy has been updated to match our current board version, yay.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:28 pm On the bright side, X-Creamy has been updated to match our current board version, yay.
Be still my heart. And eyeballs. 👍🏽
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20210313_103009.jpg
Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, Foggy! :thumbsup: :bighug: :banana:
Image Image Image Image
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

What's the difference between "Active Topics" and "Unread Posts"?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:32 pm Estiveoshot_20210313_103009.jpg

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, Foggy! :thumbsup: :bighug: :banana:
What he said⬆️
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Mrich wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:00 pm What's the difference between "Active Topics" and "Unread Posts"?
"Active topics" returns the most recently posted topics in descending order whether you have read them or not. "Unread posts" returns topics with unread posts in descending order. Topics that you have read are not listed.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thanks Foggy, you're awesome! It's clear you want everything to be perfect for Friday night when Mama June: Road To Redemption premieres at 9pm on WeTV :P

For the first time, it's logging me out every few hours. No big deal, password is saved, but it's a first. When I try https it says not found. Using Chrome, Windows 10 on a Alienware laptop. Not urgent at all but if anybody has found a fix it would be great.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
chancery
Verified:

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by chancery »

zekeb wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:35 pm Re the Fogbow forum display issue -

For me, no problem with FireFox, Chrome, or Edge on my Windows 8.1 machine.

On my Windows 10 laptop, FireFox and Chrome are ok. Edge displays the issue Zeke is seeing.

The problem is that the browser can't handle the word wrap of the long description under the thread title. To make it more obvious, grab the right edge of the window and make the window narrower. As it narrows, you'll see more threads displaying the word wrap problem. Of course, if you shrink the window's width enough, the right three columns disappear and you are left with only the topic column which now displays correctly!
Yes. I see that, MN-Skeptic. The problem disappears when I narrow it way down, but I lose the name and time of the last poster listed off on the right. I can make it do it with this topic as well.
Foggy, FYI, I've just experienced this problem for the first time, using Chrome on a Mac. Advised by MN-SKeptic & Zekeb, I shrank the browser window text size a bit, and the problem went away, although the smaller text is hard on my eyes.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

An image-width issue may also be responsible for the jitters I've been seeing.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

roadscholar wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:05 pm An image-width issue may also be responsible for the jitters I've been seeing.
I thought there were jitters with the screen but then I realized I had forgotten my ADD meds and my laptop was sitting on my lap.
101010 :towel:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

roadscholar wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:05 pm An image-width issue may also be responsible for the jitters I've been seeing.
I saw those jitters in Carbon, but haven't seen them at all in X-Creamy.
Image Image Image Image
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Is there a magic incantation to get the forum software running on a desktop machine to remember me?

Seems to work fine on Android, but on my desktop (Windows 10, Firefox) I have to logon every time.

Other forums I visit, also running phpBB, do not seem to have this problem.

And yes, I keep trying to get it to work by checking the 'remember me' box.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

keith wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:31 pm Is there a magic incantation to get the forum software running on a desktop machine to remember me?

Seems to work fine on Android, but on my desktop (Windows 10, Firefox) I have to logon every time.

What's the URL you are using to get to Fogbow? Is it https?

The link I have in my favorites is https://thefogbow.com/forum/search.php? ... ive_topics
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thanks for that! Had the same thing, constant logouts... when trying https it was throwing an error, but that link worked. Here's hoping. Thanks again, will see how it does.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

Yay! That link did the trick, no more logouts! Thank you thank you!

Hey Foggy, the search is being strange again... even a search for topic titles only throws this error:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: mypillow lindell.
Can a Google Search box be implemented in a phpBB site? The site is filling up again and it would really help to be able to find everything. :lovestruck:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:48 pm
keith wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:31 pm Is there a magic incantation to get the forum software running on a desktop machine to remember me?

What's the URL you are using to get to Fogbow? Is it https?

The link I have in my favorites is https://thefogbow.com/forum/search.php? ... ive_topics
MANY MANY MANY THANKS.

And if you want to go directly to "New Posts" change the search_id to newposts (notice there is no underscore between the words as in active_topics).
Has everybody heard about the bird?
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:25 pm Yay! That link did the trick, no more logouts! Thank you thank you!

Hey Foggy, the search is being strange again... even a search for topic titles only throws this error:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: mypillow lindell.
Can a Google Search box be implemented in a phpBB site? The site is filling up again and it would really help to be able to find everything. :lovestruck:
I get that message too also when I search for stuff. No biggy.

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”