Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
Estiveo
Verified:

Re: Report Problems/Questions Here

Post by Estiveo »

I've had no problems accessing anything anywhere today.
Image Image Image Image
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The Fogbow is back!

:bunny: :bunny:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I haven't had any issues on any other sites, except for TFB an hour or so ago. Methinks Foggy jinxed himself mentioning it?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I couldn't get on for several hours. Obviously, back now.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hey Senor Foggy, would it be possible please for someone to move the comments about the T**** v Twitter, Facebook, YouTube lawsuits from the t**** (the former guy) topic to viewtopic.php?f=15&t=737? Folks started great posts in the former guy topic, but the cases deserve their own topic, there's going to be a lot to talk about with those cases and the humiliating dismissals they will receive. Gracias, amigo.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Highlighting and themes and omg everything is wrong.

A while ago, a member insisted we cease using the highlight because it was unreadable to them with their chosen theme. Well, guess what ... this new trend of replacing highlight with red text yields this for me:
griping.png
griping.png (14.64 KiB) Viewed 5628 times
Kind of worthless.

And, no, also, too, another suggestion was to use 'underlining' but that doesn't work either because it makes it look like it's clickable and it's not.

Hmph!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Foggy, have you canceled me?!? Again?

I can’t log in on my iPhone. I had three Fogbow pages up. Each one of them logged out when I opened them up. I had two pages up on the iPad, and when I tried to open one of them on the iPhone, it, too, logged itself out. I’m using the very last signed in iPad page now, not the phone. It hasn’t logged out yet, so it’s clearly my phone.

Before I finished entering the login info the message popped up, “too many log in attempts, now you have to captcha too” in an endless loop, no matter how many ways I spell the US SoS’s name. Or is Blinken no longer SoS? Oh, maybe that’s the problem. :mrgreen:

I’ve powered my phone down, cleared the cache, what else can I do?

Halp me, foggy.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Did you use your special mod power to ban hammer yourself?
101010 :towel:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Kate520 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:37 am Foggy, have you canceled me?!? Again?

I can’t log in on my iPhone. I had three Fogbow pages up. Each one of them logged out when I opened them up. I had two pages up on the iPad, and when I tried to open one of them on the iPhone, it, too, logged itself out. I’m using the very last signed in iPad page now, not the phone. It hasn’t logged out yet, so it’s clearly my phone.
The only time I seem to have a problem is when I get an email notify of a reply or new posting in a thread I'm subscribed to. It's weird, but sometimes the email will have an unsecured link (http://) to the thread/post -- which immediately breaks my login.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Kate520 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:37 am Foggy, have you canceled me?!? Again?

Before I finished entering the login info the message popped up, “too many log in attempts, now you have to captcha too” in an endless loop, no matter how many ways I spell the US SoS’s name. Or is Blinken no longer SoS? Oh, maybe that’s the problem. :mrgreen:

I’ve powered my phone down, cleared the cache, what else can I do?

Halp me, foggy.
Same problem I've had on my iPhone. I thought I'd just come on here on the laptop to try to see if resetting my password helped, but haven't tried it yet.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I am reporting that I am on vacation this week at the beach. :biggrin:

Oh wait, that's not a problem or a question.

Never mind. :towel:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The only time I seem to have a problem is when I get an email notify of a reply or new posting in a thread I'm subscribed to. It's weird, but sometimes the email will have an unsecured link (http://) to the thread/post -- which immediately breaks my login.
Aha! That’s what happened just before my fiasco too! So, what do you do about it? Change the password? How, if you can’t get in?

ETA: Changed the password, still get the message even before finished filling all fields. I guess I won’t be seeing you guys much until Foggy’s back from vacation. Behave, I’m still watching even if you can’t see me. 👀
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

We have a useful new topic for Tom Barrack's indictment here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=788

but people (including me) are continuing discussions about the indictment in the New York State Investigations of Trump and Related thread, beginning here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17&start=650#p33051

Would the mods please move those posts to the new thread? Thanks.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I have an old I-phone 8 and I have trouble staying logged in to Fogbow on Safari. No problems using Chrome on my desktop, laptop or chromebook or any of multiple browsers on my tablets.

I know what my pw is and, after three rejections, I know who the SoS is but it keeps telling me I'm entering the wrong info.

Anyone know why?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:26 pm I have an old I-phone 8 and I have trouble staying logged in to Fogbow on Safari. No problems using Chrome on my desktop, laptop or chromebook or any of multiple browsers on my tablets.

I know what my pw is and, after three rejections, I know who the SoS is but it keeps telling me I'm entering the wrong info.

Anyone know why?
try and clear the cookies (for TFB only)
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:26 pm I have an old I-phone 8 and I have trouble staying logged in to Fogbow on Safari. No problems using Chrome on my desktop, laptop or chromebook or any of multiple browsers on my tablets. :snippity:
Make sure you are going to the secure site beginning with ”https:”. In Safari there should be a small padlock up in the url box if you are on the secure site.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Thx all
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Question 1: Font sizing.

Is there some way to set the font size when READING posts?

My eyes ain't what they used to be, and my optometrist isn't working much during the Melbourne lockdown and I can't get an appointment for new glasses until next month.

In the meantime, I'd still like to be able to read.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
keith

Post by keith »

Question 2:

While looking for a font sizing option, I noticed there were several 'theme' board style options and tried them all out.

I quite like "Carbon" but I noticed it doesn't have the 'FogBow' banner image inserted.

Is that on purpose or due to forgetfulness?

Actually Carbon has a few problems - some of the icons and characters disappear into the background at times, so I might ditch it anyway.

EDIT: Don''t worry too much about Carbon - I'm gonna try GraandView for a while. I see in a very early post here how much work you (don't wanna) put in to set up each style properly, so don't worry about it.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I haz bad eyes too - just the near eyed problem common with us old folks - I had my 1st eye appointment ever in Dec. (doc said I didn't need anything but reading glasses which I already had - I was shocked). I change the size in my Chrome settings. Not sure how it works anywhere else.
keith

Post by keith »

scirreeve wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:02 am I haz bad eyes too - just the near eyed problem common with us old folks - I had my 1st eye appointment ever in Dec. (doc said I didn't need anything but reading glasses which I already had - I was shocked). I change the size in my Chrome settings. Not sure how it works anywhere else.
Esta Bueno. Gracias.

I'm using FireFox and didn't think to do it there.

I realize now that my REAL issue is that I haven't got the proper driver for this keyboard installed on this computer yet, so the system doesn't recognize the 'zoom' lever that is built in to the keyboard.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

No logo for Carbon due to a bizzy life, but I'll make a note to get to it.

There are MANY ways to increase text size for reading, I change text size 20x a day. What device are you using?

On a desktop, try CTRL+ + (Hold down the CTRL key and press + to increase, - to decrease, 0 to restore to normal.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
keith

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:56 am No logo for Carbon due to a bizzy life, but I'll make a note to get to it.

There are MANY ways to increase text size for reading, I change text size 20x a day. What device are you using?

On a desktop, try CTRL+ + (Hold down the CTRL key and press + to increase, - to decrease, 0 to restore to normal.
Thanks, scireeve sorted out my font size for me. Like you i used to change font size lots of time a day. My keyboard has a dedicated lever for it. But i havent installed it properly on the new machine yet.

Also dont stress over Carbon. I quite like Graandview now. It looks really good on a 8 inch tablet especially.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I post a link on the twitter. Link works OK but the thumbnail (or whatever it is called) is nonsense. Not a big deal but I am curious.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Is there a glitch? I had to re login 3 times today... not had to relogin for weeks. Trice in one morning?

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”