Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Chinese space rocket booster debris over Indian Ocean

Lani

Chinese space rocket booster debris over Indian Ocean

Post by Lani »

Debris from Chinese space rocket booster reenters Earth’s atmosphere over Indian Ocean near Maldives, China reports
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... t-landing/
The hulk of the Chinese Long March rocket reentered Earth’s atmosphere around 10:30 p.m. Eastern time and some debris landed in the Indian Ocean near the Maldives, China’s Manned Space Engineering Office reported late Saturday night, ending days of international speculation. There were no immediate reports of damage from falling debris.

Videos on social media showed the 22-ton rocket, which had been drifting uncontrolled in low orbit for days, blazing a trail of light over Oman as it burned up during descent.

“The vast majority of components was ablated and destroyed during reentry into the atmosphere,” the Chinese agency said, putting the “landing” site at 72.47 degrees east, 2.65 degrees, a location in the ocean southwest of the Maldivian capital Malé.

The U.S. Space Command’s Space Track Project said in a tweet: “Everyone else following the #LongMarch5B reentry can relax. The rocket is down.”
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Uninformed

Re: Chinese space rocket booster debris over Indian Ocean

Post by Uninformed »

It seems to me that the “media” is really desperate to see rocket/satellite debris cause serious damage, the possible loss of life being a bonus. Sooner or later it is likely to become a reality. :bag:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Uninformed wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:46 am It seems to me that the “media” is really desperate to see rocket/satellite debris cause serious damage, the possible loss of life being a bonus. Sooner or later it is likely to become a reality. :bag:
Swap out "rocket/satellite debris" for any news story you like, and it sums up the media* approach to its role in society..
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

p0rtia wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:02 am
Uninformed wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:46 am It seems to me that the “media” is really desperate to see rocket/satellite debris cause serious damage, the possible loss of life being a bonus. Sooner or later it is likely to become a reality. :bag:
Swap out "rocket/satellite debris" for any news story you like, and it sums up the media* approach to its role in society..
"If it bleeds, it leads."
tek

Post by tek »

Back when "BREAKING NEWS!!!1!" was actually Breaking News.

Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I remember back in the day when they interrupted your program and a Bulletin from CBS News flashed up on the screen you stopped doing whatever and paid attention because you knew something important just happened.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Dead Like Me toilet seat girl!

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Loved that show! :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

The BIG story, which the liberal media is hiding, is why the Long March came down. The weight of ALL the fake ballots of course.

Return to “Astronomy”