John McAfee

vic

John McAfee

Post by vic » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:15 pm

No way, but a millionaire who might out-crazy Trump.

http://www.wired.com/2015/09/john-mcafe ... president/
You Know What This Presidential Race Needs? John McAfee

IF YOU DIDN’T think the 2016 election season could get any more batshit crazy than it already is, now, John McAfee—the self-described “eccentric millionaire,” who founded the anti-virus software company McAfee, and who once played Russian roulette with a loaded gun while WIRED writer Joshua Davis stood by—says he is considering joining the 2016 presidential race. But first, he says he’s hoping to persuade someone who is “smarter and more charismatic” than he is to run with his backing.

“I personally am still in a quandary about whether to run myself or find someone else for my party,” McAfee tells WIRED. “My advisors are pressing me to run.”

McAfee, who won’t name his advisors or his prospects for stand-ins, says he’s been mulling a run for some time at the urging of his online followers. “I have many thousands of emails saying please run for President,” he says. “It’s not something I would just choose to do on my own.”

But McAfee says he does believe the government is broken, largely because its leaders don’t understand technology as well as, well, he does. He points to the recent hacks of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management and Homeland Security as proof.
:snippity:
Born in Scotland. Haven't been able to tell if he is a NBC.
Edit: TPM has his FEC paperwork and also says his campaign website, https://mcafee2016.com/donation/, is live, but I can't get to it.

TexasFilly

Re: John McAfee (2016)

Post by TexasFilly » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:29 pm

Great, suspected murderer!
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:16 pm

:yeah: too, also. On the one hand, he's a whole lot smarter than the tribble mobility device ever was or will be, on the other, he's just plain whacked even above and beyond anything La Rump has ever managed.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

June bug

Post by June bug » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:42 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:the tribble mobility device
:rotflmao:
Where's the like button when we really need it????

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:14 pm

John McAfee manifesto: Open US borders, end War on Drugs and abandon TSA 'in its entirety'

US presidential candidate John McAfee has released his manifesto for the 2016 elections, revealing policies that include opening US borders to immigrants, ending the War on Drugs, and abandoning the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in its entirety. McAfee, who founded the antivirus software company of the same name, confirmed his unlikely presidential bid – as a new third party candidate – earlier this month with the campaign slogan "privacy, freedom, and technology".

The 1,700-word manifesto lists 10 key policy areas: foreign policy, War on Drugs, immigration, taxation, education, welfare, TSA, economy, cyber awareness and the FDA (Food and Drug Agency). McAfee claims there is "much, much more" to be added but what is described lays out his political leanings and intents.

One of the first acts of a McAfee administration would be the wholesale decriminalisation of marijuana, while possession of any chemical substance intended for self administration would be considered "at most a misdemeanor". Should McAfee be elected in 2016, this policy, combined with his intention to open US borders, would likely face strong opposition from conservative Republicans. <SNIP>
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/john-mcafee-ma ... ty-1520099

link to the manifesto = McAfee on the Issues: https://mcafee16.com/issues/
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Has any "manifesto" ever turned out to be a good thing? :geek:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:13 pm

RoadScholar wrote:Has any "manifesto" ever turned out to be a good thing? :geek:
"When in the course of human events..."
Image Image Image Image Image

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:18 pm

McAfee's campaign" Pft.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:21 pm

TexasFilly wrote:Great, suspected murderer!
Well, Perry is under indictment for abuse of power, and Walker squashed his abuse of power investigation and had the evidence memory-holed.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

vic

Post by vic » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:11 am

The BBC had something to say about him yesterday; it's in their Technology Section, but is mostly about his presidential campaign.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34321191
The John McAfee circus rolls on

Just over a year ago, I was in a big room at Def Con, a hacker conference held in Vegas each year, when suddenly all the doors were locked, and a security team marched in and combed the area.

Moments later, John McAfee arrived - the ex-online security tycoon, ex-fugitive, ex-lots of things I've not got time to mention here.
He says his campaign is in full swing. I asked who's paying. He said he doesn't need money for coverage, as there's "the internet", and he'll be hosting a range of online chats with people to discuss "real politics".

He's said he'd run the numbers and it would be a landslide.
It's worth reading for the crazy. But basically, he says:
  1. He's in tech, so he has the tech vote locked up.
  2. He's tattooed. That gives him the tattoo vote - 1 in 5 Americans.
  3. Ben Carson will drop out, leaving no black candidates. John's wife is black, which makes him the closest to a black candidate. Voila! black vote achieved.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:12 am

:roll:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:56 am

vic wrote:The BBC had something to say about him yesterday; it's in their Technology Section, but is mostly about his presidential campaign.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34321191
The John McAfee circus rolls on

Just over a year ago, I was in a big room at Def Con, a hacker conference held in Vegas each year, when suddenly all the doors were locked, and a security team marched in and combed the area.

Moments later, John McAfee arrived - the ex-online security tycoon, ex-fugitive, ex-lots of things I've not got time to mention here.
He says his campaign is in full swing. I asked who's paying. He said he doesn't need money for coverage, as there's "the internet", and he'll be hosting a range of online chats with people to discuss "real politics".

He's said he'd run the numbers and it would be a landslide.
It's worth reading for the crazy. But basically, he says:
  1. He's in tech, so he has the tech vote locked up.
  2. He's tattooed. That gives him the tattoo vote - 1 in 5 Americans.
  3. Ben Carson will drop out, leaving no black candidates. John's wife is black, which makes him the closest to a black candidate. Voila! black vote achieved.
As contrasted with Trump's version of the same reasoning: Trump is a racist buffoon so he's got the racist buffoon vote. That seems to have worked quite well. (To be fair, the Republicans do have other racist buffoons, but they all crumble before the Grand Buffoon, El Trumpisimo.)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:25 pm

John McAfee

Verified account

@officialmcafee
Follow Follow @officialmcafee
More
The CIA has attempted to collect us. We are at sea now and will report more soon. I will continue to be dark for the next few days.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:52 pm

Now this doesn't look like a disaster waiting to happen, does it? I hope they get him without getting anyone else hurt.

:brickwallsmall:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:10 pm

consider the source
‘I’ll f**king bury you!’ McAfee vows to expose corrupt US officials & CIA agents if ‘disappeared’
Published time: 12 Jun, 2019 00:23
Edited time: 13 Jun, 2019 12:36

Bitcoin evangelist John McAfee has threatened to “bury” the US government if they keep harassing him over unpaid taxes, promising to leak a huge trove of files proving corruption throughout Washington and its allies.

“I’ve collected files on corruption in governments. For the first time, I’m naming names and specifics,” McAfee warned in a string of tweets stretching back to Sunday. Vowing to release over 31 terabytes of “incriminating data” to the press if arrested or otherwise “disappeared,” he posted the names of a “corrupt CIA agent and two Bahamian officials” along with claims they’d taken bribes and been involved with drug trafficking, apparently to show he was not bluffing.

https://www.rt.com/news/461647-mcafee-b ... ent-taxes/

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:43 pm

Whoa, the photograph is scary! That guy is so tough and cool, he's wearing one pair of supercool dark sunglasses - on a strap - and he has ANOTHER PAIR of sunglasses in his shirt pocket. And the young lady looks ferocious in those superprofessional mirror shades. Oh yeah, and his gun looks like it came from a superhero comic!

Who's holding the camera, is what I want to know. Neither of them is taking a selfie. :confused:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Jcolvin2

Post by Jcolvin2 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:51 pm

https://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewto ... 30&t=11887

Background on why Crazy John might be thinking that the US government is after him.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:02 pm

Yeah, but in that getup he's obviously ready to take on the entire US military, even special forces, and the babe is ready for action! She's gonna shoot up all the gubbermint soldiers AND STEER THE BOAT. Honest to god, I can't wait to see the movie. :shock:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:11 pm

:rolleye:

Whip

Post by Whip » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:26 pm

Foggy wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:02 pm
Yeah, but in that getup he's obviously ready to take on the entire US military, even special forces, and the babe is ready for action! She's gonna shoot up all the gubbermint soldiers AND STEER THE BOAT. Honest to god, I can't wait to see the movie. :shock:
well, all they have to do is pull up next to him, he'll consider them a neighbor, then he'll snuff them out.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:45 pm

If the gubmint decided to take that boat out he'd be taking a hit before he could see the outline of the approaching vessel.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:57 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:25 pm

John McAfee

Verified account

@officialmcafee
Follow Follow @officialmcafee
More
The CIA has attempted to collect us. We are at sea now and will report more soon. I will continue to be dark for the next few days.
If they really want him, all thy need to is wait until he is drunk/stoned on his ass and then scoop him up and haul him in. He's obviously that way far more than he is sober.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:14 pm

Maybe they'll send that Coast Guard guy in to wrestle it down bare-handed.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:49 pm

If he's in his normal state all they'll probably need is a heavy duty dolly.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:45 am

Anyone else think he must have watched too many episodes of Miami Vice when he was younger?
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”