Incel Rebellion: Violent Misogyny - We've seen it all before

batguano

Re: Incel Rebellion: Violent Misogyny - We've seen it all before

Post by batguano » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:08 pm

These poor chaps are stuck fixated on physical looks of themselves and of women. And perhaps they have taken some cruel comments to heart. Not to excuse them. There's no excuse for wallowing in it. There are some seriously ugly guys out there who are doing just fine, with the opposite sex, with the world and with themselves psychologically.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:49 pm

You just have to have something to offer.

These guys just want to take. :fingerwag:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:08 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:03 pm
Attractive women only go for good-looking, macho men?

Rebuttal Exhibit "A":

Brian-Posehn-as-Bert-Kibbler.png
Rebuttal exhibit B: me.

I did just fine with some stunning women when I was first divorced... And at the time, I weighed nearly 300 pounds. In fact, I did better than when I was in college and weighted 175. I also did pretty well with women when I was dead assed broke... I was creative about dates and put time, care and thoughtfulness into planning an evening instead of throwing money at the problem. For example, going to the Museum of Modern Art on free Fridays instead of a raft of $15 martinis at the Four Seasons.

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:01 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm
Yes, because once again, THIS ISN"T ABOUT SEX.

It's about entitlement and privilege expressed by angry, abusive men who feel SO entitled, SO privileged, that they erupt in rage when the world doesn't give them what they believe they're entitled to.

These men are not pathetic losers. They are angry, entitled, dangerous creeps. Goddamn it people, quit buying into their narrative and finding excuses for them and see them for what they are.
Yeah, this. Scott Beierle might've been a loser, but he was a dangerous loser, not a pathetic one. He'd been bragging about his hatred of women on YouTube for years. He'd had two arrests for battery, already. Many of the so-called proud boys and neo fascists have domestic violence arrests, too. Nationalism and misogyny are two of the vectors they recruit and organize around. They fantasize about about roaming the country using sexual violence on their enemies.
And Beierle was anxious. And angry. Ample proof of this exists in his series of YouTube videos in which he condemns “the American whore” and calls out the “treachery” of the “pit of vipers” who shirked his advances. In explaining the origins of his hatred of women in a video titled, “The Rebirth of my Misogyny,” Beirele concludes his invective with these foreboding words: “I believe in karma. I believe in what comes around goes around. And those that engage in treachery will ultimately be the victims of it. Hopefully there’s been justice in some comparable regard that they’ve been the recipients of….”
— Marcie Bianco, "Another day, another mass shooting: A misogynist murdered two women at a Tallahassee yoga studio and it's already old news"
How deep could the Deep State go if the Deep State could go deep?

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:12 pm

RoadScholar wrote:

Rebuttal Exhibit "A":

Brian-Posehn-as-Bert-Kibbler.png
Exhibit "B": Steven Mnuchin and his wife Louise Linton
exhibit B.JPG

:swoon:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Am I being detained?

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:20 pm

voxpopuluxe wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:01 pm
DejaMoo wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm
Yes, because once again, THIS ISN"T ABOUT SEX.

It's about entitlement and privilege expressed by angry, abusive men who feel SO entitled, SO privileged, that they erupt in rage when the world doesn't give them what they believe they're entitled to.

These men are not pathetic losers. They are angry, entitled, dangerous creeps. Goddamn it people, quit buying into their narrative and finding excuses for them and see them for what they are.
Yeah, this. Scott Beierle might've been a loser, but he was a dangerous loser, not a pathetic one.
Too, also, they're not all losers. Some of these incel and white supremacy sites have been created by or supported by successful men with good jobs/careers. It's not about what they lack, it's about what they fiercely and furiously believe the world owes them. And when everyone else doesn't recognize that as their due, they get angrier yet. . . especially at those they consider their obvious inferiors, meaning females and minorities. Which explains the white supremacy and naked misogyny.
I've heard this bull before.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:37 am

Mother Jones - Kevin Drum: Insecure Men Were a Big Trump Demographic in 2016

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:39 pm
RoadScholar wrote:
Harvey Weinstein was my first thought. Nor exactly what you'd expect Georgina Chapman to be married to.
In Incel World, she's simply a whore who married only because he has money. If he were poor, she never would have looked at him

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Associated Press
Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A man has pleaded guilty to a felony terroristic threat charge after authorities said he threating to target women in a mass shooting because he couldn’t get a girlfriend.

Utah prosecutor Chad Grunander tells the Deseret News that 27-year-old Christopher W. Cleary of Denver was in court on Thursday.

Police said Cleary wrote on Facebook he was planning to become a mass shooter because he was still a virgin and wanted to kill as many women as possible.

He was arrested during a trip to Provo, Utah, on January 19, the same day women’s marches were held around the country. Colorado authorities have said he was on probation after stalking and threatening women there.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Online trolls hijacked a scientist's image to attack Katie Bouman. They picked the wrong astrophysicist.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Onl ... 762309.php
As the world stared in wonder this week at the first image of a black hole, a new star was born here on Earth: Katherine Bouman, 29, a postdoctoral researcher who developed an algorithm that was key to capturing the stunning visual.

On the ugliest corners of the Internet, however, this sudden fame for a young woman in a male-dominated field couldn't stand. A corrective was quickly found in Andrew Chael, another member of the Event Horizon Telescope team, who, not coincidentally, is white and male.

On Reddit and Twitter, memes quickly went viral contrasting Bouman with Chael, who - per the viral images - was actually responsible for "850,000 of the 900,000 lines of code that were written in the historic black-hole image algorithm!"

That's completely wrong, Chael said in a viral Thursday night Twitter thread of his own. Not only are the claims in the meme flat-out incorrect, but Chael - as an openly gay man - is also part of an underrepresented demographic in his field.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:13 pm

WaPo
He always hated women. Then he decided to kill them. ...

Beierle was an avowed hater of women, a man who repeatedly grabbed women in real life and fantasized about raping and killing them in the horrific collection of lyrics, poetry and novels he began writing as a teenager. His interactions with the opposite sex had gotten him fired from teaching jobs, booted from the Army and hauled before the principal of his high school. He traced his fury at women — “Just beneath their blushing lashes and their innocent smiles lies the most rancid and putrid, sickening essences” — to the girls who both aroused and frustrated him in eighth grade.

It is a kind of hatred that experts in extremism warn is becoming more common and more dangerous, providing what amounts to a new feeder network for white supremacy and neo-Nazi groups. ...

In 2018, a few months before Beierle stood in that studio, the Southern Poverty Law Center added a new category to its tracking list of hate movements around the country: male supremacy.

The term encompasses a worrying new array of assaults by men who view women as genetically inferior, inherently treacherous or unwilling to provide them with the sex and submission they see as their birthright.

It’s a trend with roots both ancient and new. Condemning women as a gender dates to at least the ancient Greek myth that blamed Pandora for unleashing evil into the world. But in the digital age, misogyny is being stoked within hundreds of online chat rooms and forums, echo chambers of grievance that drive some men to cyberbullying and a far smaller number to violence.

“What’s different today is the online space itself,” Beirich said. “Back in the day, an ad on how to meet girls in the back of a magazine didn’t open a door into the dark web.”

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:48 pm

wrote:Published on 7 Jun 2019

You know about white supremacy, but have you heard of “male supremacy?” It’s not plain sexism or chauvinism - it’s a kind of potentially violent extremism that experts say is on the rise. Male supremacy can be defined as a “hateful ideology advocating for the subjugation of women.” And the Southern Poverty Law Center has said this kind of extreme misogyny is increasingly a, quote, “gateway drug for extremists." Male supremacy can go further than hateful ideology shared in dark corners of the internet - it can have violent consequences.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:49 pm

above video entry links back to an older WaPo article
Inside the online world of ‘incels,’ the dark corner of the Internet linked to the Toronto suspect

By Abby Ohlheiser
April 25, 2018

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... o-suspect/

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:59 am

Cross-posting

Dallas Morning News
Inspired by Dallas courthouse shooter, Air Force base circulates 'incel' warning signs

A Maryland Air Force base is teaching its personnel to recognize the warning signs posed by "introverted, sexless individuals" in the wake of a discharged Army veteran's attempts to shoot up a federal courthouse in Dallas this week.

Brian Isaack Clyde, who was killed Monday after firing shots into the Earle Cabell Federal Building in downtown Dallas, shared several "involuntary celibate," or incel, memes in his social media accounts.

That connection, according to the Air Force Times, inspired the brass at Joint Base Andrews to initiate a program alerting airmen to signs that someone might belong to the online incel community — men who can't find romantic partners and who sometimes react violently because of it.

Clyde, 22, shared memes prevalent in the incel community in some of his social media posts, including one that referred to a "Chad rampage" vs. a "virgin shooting." The Chad vs. virgin trope is a common incel meme.

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”