fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Jacob Wohl

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:19 am

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:05 am
neonzx wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:42 am
LA Times: Conservative provocateur Jacob Wohl charged with financial crime in Riverside County
David Wohl also expressed frustration that prosecutors […] questioned whether the district attorney’s office rushed to file because the statute of limitations on the charges was running out.
I don't see any problem or cause for concern in the prosecutors respecting statute of limitations deadlines. It would be remiss of them to do otherwise.

There might be a place for statutes of limitations but they shouldn't be a Stay Out Of Jail Free card for rich folk.
Don't get me wrong. I frequently get extremely irritated with prosecutors who wait forever and a day to bring cases against my clients. The passage of time favors the side that has already concluded its investigation and makes it hard for the defense to construct an exculpatory narrative under the best of circumstances, to say nothing of defendants who don't have money.

I have absolutely no objection to a delayed prosecution against a privileged little shit like Wohl, who will (or at least should) have access to the best possible defense thanks to daddy. Unless daddy drinks the Kool Aid and hires someone like Larry Klayman.

The kid who has made a living by publicly accusing people of higher station than himself of criminality - when he isn't also defrauding people - is finding out that what comes around, goes around. My heart breaks for him.

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:14 am

Agreed, FRP. I don't know enough about the case to know whether the prosecutors have unnecessarily delayed. And, like you, I wouldn't care if they had, with shits like the Wohls.

For less privileged clients, there are clearly issues when justice is delayed. Maybenaut has written before about the imbalance between the might of the state or federal law enforcement and prosecution machinery on one side and a legally unsophisticated defendant, often with scant resources, on the other.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:19 pm

Gawd he's dumb.
Screenshot_20190905_131703.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image Image

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:10 pm

It just feels like this depth of stupidity can't really be natural. More like he (and his dad) are showing their utter contempt for their marks. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, since it's only about extracting money from their believers.
I've heard this bull before.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:57 pm

Well it's the same reason the Presidential Prat uses these stupid Sharpie alterations and other easy things in his cons. His contempt for his marks combined with his laziness makes him do easy to see through alterations as he thinks everyone is stupid, but then his Narcisism means he cant ever admit that everyone saw through his bullshit so he doubles down on the lie.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:13 pm

Estiveo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:19 pm
Gawd he's dumb.
Screenshot_20190905_131703.jpg
I don't know whether this speaks to just how dumb Jakey is, or how dumb he thinks his sucker brigade is, or really, well both. Anyone who keeps getting popped for securities fraud really isn't very smart. You either get better at it, go to jail, or get out. Just plain bone stupid and lazy on top of it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:06 pm

Um, OK...

https://www.demandfreespeech.org/
Jacob.JPG

I knew everyone would want to go, so I put 20 tickets and a $1000 donation in my cart. :P

Jacob Tix.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:06 pm
Um, OK...

https:// twitter.com/ali/status/1171870751407968263

https://www.demandfreespeech.org/
Jacob.JPG

I knew everyone would want to go, so I put 20 tickets and a $1000 donation in my cart. :P
Bummer. Hair washing day. :|
But yunins kids have fun.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Housework would be more fun than this. :bag:

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:38 pm

I am sure that is the date that our Illustrious Leader, Mr. Soros :worship: expects us to set the New World Order into motion.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 pm

I want to see a debate between Jacob and fast moving bus.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”