Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Covid-19 & Employment

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Lani

Covid-19 & Employment

Post by Lani »

People are retiring because of Covid.

Per some unions, their retirement is based on the recent years during the past 3 years, but covid has been used to stop salary increases. The numbers of people choosing to retire is increasing. Some would stay if they could continue from working from home, but some jerks demand presence in the office.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Re: Covid-19 & Employment

Post by Lani »

In the spreadnecks topic, there was twitter comment "if the coronavirus crisis goes away, I'm not sure the damage it has caused to my opinion of human nature will ever recover."

I replied, including this:
Across the US more people are choosing to retire earlier than they had planned. Some realized that their employers just don't care about them.
I know that's happening here. Employees want to continue or return to working remotely, and for good reasons. For example, they have family members that are at high risk. Or the employee is at risk, pretty common for employees 60+. They were denied. And the employees realize that they are just not valued.
There is a department that requires a particular diploma and license. It's very difficult to replace people when they retire or accept a job elsewhere. Some who had reached retirement age agreed to stay on until replacements are found and trained, as well as accepting additional duties to smooth the transition. That agreement was made while the staff worked from home. Now they have been ordered back in the office and denied work from home. I know some of them were questioning whether to stay in a department where they are expected to be loyal, but the administration isn't. I anticipated some retirements would occur shortly.

I was looking on the HR website today.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I saw the list of current openings - the job position involved above has 7 openings! The number required for the department is 10, maybe 11 if expanding the office. :o :boxing:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

New York’s largest health care provider fires 1,400 unvaccinated employees.

Northwell Health, New York State’s largest health care provider, announced on Monday that 1,400 employees — less than 2 percent of its staff — refused to get vaccinated against the coronavirus and had to leave their jobs.

New York is requiring that the state’s more than 650,000 hospital and nursing home workers be vaccinated, a mandate that started to take effect last week, prompting tens of thousands of employees to get their shots. Others filed lawsuits, and courtrooms across the state are determining when and how to allow exemptions to the requirement.

New York’s health care mandate is particularly strict: Employees do not have the option for weekly testing or exemptions for religious reasons, though the latter is being challenged in the courts.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/10/04 ... yees-fired
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

A Louisiana health system will increase insurance fees of employees with unvaccinated spouses.

Ochsner Health said in a letter to its employees last month that it was adding the extra charge for unvaccinated spouses and domestic partners who were covered by Ochsner’s insurance plan. They would be charged $100 each pay period, which amounts to $200 a month and was set to take effect next year.

Ochsner Health said in a letter to its employees last month that it was adding the extra charge for unvaccinated spouses and domestic partners who were covered by Ochsner’s insurance plan. They would be charged $100 each pay period, which amounts to $200 a month and was set to take effect next year.Credit...Stacey Brimer/Oshner Health

Louisiana’s largest nonprofit health care provider will increase its employees’ insurance fees next year if their spouses or domestic partners are unvaccinated, the provider said.

Ochsner Health said in a letter to its employees last month that it was adding the extra charge — about $200 a month, starting next year — for unvaccinated spouses and domestic partners who are covered by the company’s insurance plan.

The letter said this move was an effort to “protect our entire Ochsner team, which includes employees, their families and the communities we serve.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/04/us/l ... ouses.html
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Henry Ford Health says 400 of its workers quit after refusing COVID-19 vaccine

DETROIT
- One of Michigan's largest health care systems says approximately 400 of its workers have quit rather than get a required COVID-19 vaccine.

Henry Ford Health System confirmed Tuesday that about 1% of its workforce left their job at the hospital over its mandate to get a coronavirus vaccine.
It was Michigan's first hospital system to mandate the shots this year.

Another 1,900 - or about 6% of the workforce - were granted religious or medical exemptions from the vaccine.
:snippity:
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/henry ... 19-vaccine
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Don't let the door hit'cha...

If 1900 is 6%, 400 is ( :confuzzled: ) not very much. Hope they enjoy their new careers somewhere far away from sick people.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Unlikely story, but then these people are liars so par for the course.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Wrongful termination lawsuits in coming in 5...4...3...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Lani

Post by Lani »

No one was fired except the guy in the Tik Tok video.
https://www.wistv.com/2021/10/06/owner- ... -is-false/

Tik Tok guy and his former boss probably are antivaxers. They went to the Capitol on 1/6.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I don't think they understand what satire is.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

We went out last Friday to a scaled-down home show and then went to one of our favorite restaurants downtown. We arrived at 4 just as they were opening. They could seat us in the bar until 4:30 when their one and only server would be coming in. We sat at the bar and ordered drinks, but got seated before 4:30. It wasn't really too busy for a while, so our service was fine. By the time we left, it was starting to get busy. I don't know if they had someone coming in later, but our server was really moving. And this is a restaurant with a great reputation as a place to work. We saw a lot of the owner, too, more than usual.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Chicago police brass request vaccine updates from personnel, may deny benefits to officers choosing to retire
Fraternal Order of Police opposes vaccine mandate, but Mayor Lightfoot is not seeing any indication 'there’s going to be any disruption in our ability to keep' the community safe

The Chicago Police Department’s top cop has threatened to deny retirement benefits to those who choose to retire from the job rather than comply with the city's COVID-19 vaccination policy, according to local reports.

Chicago Police Superintendent David O. Brown said that those officers who do choose to retire rather than follow City Hall’s orders "may be denied retirement credentials," the Chicago Tribune reported, citing Brown’s Sunday memo.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-vacc ... t-benefits
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

As much as I want everyone to get vaccinated, that's sounds kinda pissy.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:49 pm As much as I want everyone to get vaccinated, that's sounds kinda pissy.
:yeahthat:
Liz

Post by Liz »

So, yesterday this guy was going to go for the "on religion" exemptions to the requirement opt out... Didn't work. .. what religion bans vaccines?
Washington State's Rolovich out of head coaching job over COVID vaccine mandate
PULLMAN, Wash. -- Washington State's Nick Rolovich has been fired after the coach, among the state's highest paid workers, declined to comply with Gov. Jay Inslee's mandate for state employees by Monday to be vaccinated or receive an approved exemption and accommodation.

A source confirmed to KOMO News that the coach had parted ways with the university, a reversal because in August he said he intended to follow a new state mandate requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for all those working at the state’s colleges and universities, including coaches.

Rolovich had said previously that he was not going to get the vaccine for personal reasons and has not explicitly said why he would not receive a shot.

..... Rolovich is one of two state employees making more than $3 million, along with Washington coach Jimmy Lake.
more than $3 million.. Last year it was “nearly $3 million” that some true conviction to his misled belief..
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:49 pm As much as I want everyone to get vaccinated, that's sounds kinda pissy.
Five times the number of cops in the US have died from Covid as gun deaths. So, sorry. Get the fucking shot or lose.

https://journalnow-com.cdn.ampproject.o ... gMPuLPoyVM
raison de arizona

Here’s how many workers are leaving WA State Patrol following vaccine mandate deadline

Monday was the final day for state employees to prove they’ve been vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive an exemption to avoid losing their jobs. The Washington State Patrol announced Tuesday that 127 people had separated from employment as the mandate deadline passed.

Those leaving include 67 troopers, six sergeants, one captain and 53 civil servants, according to the announcement.

“We will miss every one of them,” WSP Chief John Batiste said in the announcement. “I extend a hardy thanks to those who are leaving the agency. I truly wish that you were staying with us.”

The departures from the State Patrol are spread across the state, WSP said. Over the next few days, leaders plan to gauge the impact of the departures and move resources where necessary. The State Patrol plans to make similar adjustments for departures from its civilian jobs and is looking to fill vacancies “as soon as possible.”
https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/sta ... rylink=cpy
► Show Spoiler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

It was very felt? Is she talking about a pool table? Very felt you got there! :doh:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Mayo Clinic fires 700 unvaccinated employees, including in Arizona
https://www.azfamily.com/news/mayo-clin ... a7e0d.html
They chose not to get vaccinated by the deadline.

Mayo has ~73,000 employees, so just under 1%.
raison de arizona

Citigroup prepares to fire unvaccinated employees at the end of January.

Citigroup will dismiss unvaccinated employees by the end of the month as it presses on with a vaccine requirement the company announced in October.

The bank has given staff based in the United States a deadline of Jan. 14 to submit proof of their inoculations against the coronavirus or request religious, medical or legal exemptions, according to a person familiar with the policies, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Workers who do not comply with the mandate — which requires a full dose of vaccinations, not booster shots as well — will be placed on unpaid leave on Jan. 15 and fired Jan. 31, the person said. The person added that some staff might not receive year-end bonuses unless they signed documents agreeing not to sue the company.

More than 90 percent of Citigroup’s 65,000 U.S. employees have complied with the requirement, the person said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/07/busi ... ndate.html

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”