Welcome to Fogbow Rebooted. My previous hosting company crashed my server and I couldn't restore the database, so we are starting Fogbow from scratch again. You will have to re-register in order to use the forum, and because of spammers, I will have to approve your membership.
As always, you can dismiss this announcement, little X button top right.

Covid-19 & Employment

Lani

Covid-19 & Employment

Post by Lani »

People are retiring because of Covid.

Per some unions, their retirement is based on the recent years during the past 3 years, but covid has been used to stop salary increases. The numbers of people choosing to retire is increasing. Some would stay if they could continue from working from home, but some jerks demand presence in the office.

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Re: Covid-19 & Employment

Post by Lani »

In the spreadnecks topic, there was twitter comment "if the coronavirus crisis goes away, I'm not sure the damage it has caused to my opinion of human nature will ever recover."

I replied, including this:
Across the US more people are choosing to retire earlier than they had planned. Some realized that their employers just don't care about them.
I know that's happening here. Employees want to continue or return to working remotely, and for good reasons. For example, they have family members that are at high risk. Or the employee is at risk, pretty common for employees 60+. They were denied. And the employees realize that they are just not valued.
There is a department that requires a particular diploma and license. It's very difficult to replace people when they retire or accept a job elsewhere. Some who had reached retirement age agreed to stay on until replacements are found and trained, as well as accepting additional duties to smooth the transition. That agreement was made while the staff worked from home. Now they have been ordered back in the office and denied work from home. I know some of them were questioning whether to stay in a department where they are expected to be loyal, but the administration isn't. I anticipated some retirements would occur shortly.

I was looking on the HR website today.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I saw the list of current openings - the job position involved above has 7 openings! The number required for the department is 10, maybe 11 if expanding the office. :o :boxing:

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

New York’s largest health care provider fires 1,400 unvaccinated employees.

Northwell Health, New York State’s largest health care provider, announced on Monday that 1,400 employees — less than 2 percent of its staff — refused to get vaccinated against the coronavirus and had to leave their jobs.

New York is requiring that the state’s more than 650,000 hospital and nursing home workers be vaccinated, a mandate that started to take effect last week, prompting tens of thousands of employees to get their shots. Others filed lawsuits, and courtrooms across the state are determining when and how to allow exemptions to the requirement.

New York’s health care mandate is particularly strict: Employees do not have the option for weekly testing or exemptions for religious reasons, though the latter is being challenged in the courts.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/10/04 ... yees-fired

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

A Louisiana health system will increase insurance fees of employees with unvaccinated spouses.

Ochsner Health said in a letter to its employees last month that it was adding the extra charge for unvaccinated spouses and domestic partners who were covered by Ochsner’s insurance plan. They would be charged $100 each pay period, which amounts to $200 a month and was set to take effect next year.

Ochsner Health said in a letter to its employees last month that it was adding the extra charge for unvaccinated spouses and domestic partners who were covered by Ochsner’s insurance plan. They would be charged $100 each pay period, which amounts to $200 a month and was set to take effect next year.Credit...Stacey Brimer/Oshner Health

Louisiana’s largest nonprofit health care provider will increase its employees’ insurance fees next year if their spouses or domestic partners are unvaccinated, the provider said.

Ochsner Health said in a letter to its employees last month that it was adding the extra charge — about $200 a month, starting next year — for unvaccinated spouses and domestic partners who are covered by the company’s insurance plan.

The letter said this move was an effort to “protect our entire Ochsner team, which includes employees, their families and the communities we serve.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/04/us/l ... ouses.html

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Post by raison de arizona »

Henry Ford Health says 400 of its workers quit after refusing COVID-19 vaccine

DETROIT
- One of Michigan's largest health care systems says approximately 400 of its workers have quit rather than get a required COVID-19 vaccine.

Henry Ford Health System confirmed Tuesday that about 1% of its workforce left their job at the hospital over its mandate to get a coronavirus vaccine.
It was Michigan's first hospital system to mandate the shots this year.

Another 1,900 - or about 6% of the workforce - were granted religious or medical exemptions from the vaccine.
:snippity:
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/henry ... 19-vaccine

"I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright."
Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Don't let the door hit'cha...

If 1900 is 6%, 400 is ( :confuzzled: ) not very much. Hope they enjoy their new careers somewhere far away from sick people.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Post by raison de arizona »

Unlikely story, but then these people are liars so par for the course.

"I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright."
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Wrongful termination lawsuits in coming in 5...4...3...

Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
Lani

Post by Lani »

No one was fired except the guy in the Tik Tok video.
https://www.wistv.com/2021/10/06/owner- ... -is-false/

Tik Tok guy and his former boss probably are antivaxers. They went to the Capitol on 1/6.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I don't think they understand what satire is.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

We went out last Friday to a scaled-down home show and then went to one of our favorite restaurants downtown. We arrived at 4 just as they were opening. They could seat us in the bar until 4:30 when their one and only server would be coming in. We sat at the bar and ordered drinks, but got seated before 4:30. It wasn't really too busy for a while, so our service was fine. By the time we left, it was starting to get busy. I don't know if they had someone coming in later, but our server was really moving. And this is a restaurant with a great reputation as a place to work. We saw a lot of the owner, too, more than usual.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” – Thomas Paine