Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Post Covid Miracle

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post Covid Miracle

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... story.html
NYPD detective’s Father’s Day miracle

NYPD cops Martin and Yesenia Lopez always do everything they can to protect New Yorkers — but they couldn’t protect themselves from the disease that lurked everywhere.

On March 25, when vaccine distribution was well underway and people felt that the pandemic might be nearing its end, Martin Lopez — a detective — stood in the kitchen of his Rockland County home, his pregnant wife’s COVID-19 test results in hand.

”’Don’t get alarmed. Try to stay calm. The test came back positive,’” Martin, 40, told the love of his life.

”I was reassuring her everything’s going to be fine. But this was our biggest fear. This was our worst case scenario.”

Police Officer Yesenia Lopez came down with a persistent fever earlier that week, and by the weekend she had developed a deep, unrelenting cough and severe shortness of breath.

With her health waning, Martin got her in the car on March 29 and made for the emergency room at The Mount Sinai Hospital, worried the entire ride his 34-year-old wife might not pull through.

What came next was a birth followed by an over month-long battle against COVID-19.

“There were so many times that I wished I could trade places with them when they when they were in the hospital,” said Martin, who wasn’t able to see his son Elias up close in the NICU for 20 days. “You’re constantly [wondering] are they going to be able to come home? Are they going to make it out?”

Yesenia — who does not remember the delivery and the days that followed — said she had decided not to get the COVID-19 vaccine while pregnant out of concern of what it might do to their unborn child.

She now says she wishes she would’ve had the inoculation — and urges other expectant mothers to get the life-saving shot.

“I didn’t know if it was going to have any effect on the baby. We don’t know as much as we do now,” Yesenia said.

“This Father’s Day, all I need is my family. And I have that, and I am so grateful.”
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”