Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by MsDaisy »

Just got a call that one of my old rescue squad partners just died in the hospital of covid and pneumonia. He had to be along in his 70’s by now. Nothing was said about his vaccine status but he always was pretty much a conservative. He was also a very kind and caring man who gave a lot to his community. RIP David and beaming love to the family…. :cry:
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

Lani wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:40 am Also today, I received a nastygram from a naturopath who claims nasal testing can cause cancer. :roll:
I worked in infection control after I got hurt and couldn't work in the NICU.

EVERY ICU patient was nasal swabbed for MRSA. And not those barely up the nose kind either.
Patients in nursing homes are swabbed routinely for MRSA.
Anyone in ER or anywhere else in the hospital who is suspected of having influenza is swabbed.

Babies in the NICU are swabbed on admission for respiratory symptoms as are preemies who get sick. And not the barely in the nose kind. I hated doing nasal swabs. You had to get way up there and scrape. :(

Nasal swabbing is not new or just because of COVID!
Vaccine requirements are not new or just because of COVID!
Mask requirements are not new or just because of COVID!
Lani

Post by Lani »

Yeah, but you're not a nut case.

I have decided that I do not like naturopaths. More crazy letters have arrived - Nuremberg Code, swabs cause cancer, vaccine not approved....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Dear Sir/Madame,

I write to acknowledge receipt of your letter(s) expressing your views.

Yours sincerely

Etc
Lani

Post by Lani »

I don't have to response to the NDs at all. Their very similar letters are given to employees so they don't have to be vaccinated or tested - or so they think. Terms of employment require proof of vaccination, medical exemption or religious exemption. If an exemption is granted, the employee agrees to weekly testing offered free at work. Now they are trying to get around the test. Apparently, the saliva test is acceptable, but the employees must pay for it and have the healthcare provider report the results directly to the employer each week. So that's going to be the next argument.

Many businesses, state governments and county governments don't provide free testing. So no shot, you pay weekly for tests.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Another day, another dead friend. One of the true white hats, and the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet.

https://www.wlbt.com/2021/09/09/covid-1 ... d-officer/
Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm so sorry. :bighug:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Oh Sugar :bighug:
Lani

Post by Lani »

So sorry, don't know what to say :bighug: Sending love to you.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That's really hard. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Our younger daughter's husband's aunt and uncle have Covid. They are taking ivermectin.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:20 am Our younger daughter's husband's aunt and uncle have Covid. They are taking ivermectin.
Paste or pills?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

filly wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:26 am
Volkonski wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:20 am Our younger daughter's husband's aunt and uncle have Covid. They are taking ivermectin.
Paste or pills?
Don't know.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Well, good luck to them.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Sugar - :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

On the phone with my mom, my (step)dad just tested positive after coming down with symptoms yesterday. They visited Saturday for a few hours (outdoors, socially distanced, but brief hugs on arrival and departure). Mild fever yesterday, head cold-like symptoms plus 110bpm heartrate today (fever already gone). Getting tested as soon as we finish lunch.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Good Luck.
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:53 pm On the phone with my mom, my (step)dad just tested positive after coming down with symptoms yesterday. They visited Saturday for a few hours (outdoors, socially distanced, but brief hugs on arrival and departure). Mild fever yesterday, head cold-like symptoms plus 110bpm heartrate today (fever already gone). Getting tested as soon as we finish lunch.
And then get tested again in 3 days. It may take that long to show up on a test.

eta: We can't even make a same-day appt here for testing unless you do one of those walk-in clinics and pay out of pocket ($165!) You have to wait at least 2 days from the day requested through the state, county or Walgreens for a test to make as sure as possible that the results are accurate. Something to do with having enough of the virus for the test to read it.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:53 pm On the phone with my mom, my (step)dad just tested positive after coming down with symptoms yesterday. They visited Saturday for a few hours (outdoors, socially distanced, but brief hugs on arrival and departure). Mild fever yesterday, head cold-like symptoms plus 110bpm heartrate today (fever already gone). Getting tested as soon as we finish lunch.
:grouphug:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

And Mrs. Dr? Does she have symptoms?
Take care you you both.
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:27 pm eta: We can't even make a same-day appt here for testing unless you do one of those walk-in clinics and pay out of pocket ($165!) You have to wait at least 2 days from the day requested through the state, county or Walgreens for a test to make as sure as possible that the results are accurate. Something to do with having enough of the virus for the test to read it.
Thank God Biden is President and not Trump!

"Biden said major retailers should have the tests for sale next week, and they’ll be offered at cost. Amazon, Walmart and Kroger — the grocery chain that owns Ralphs and Food 4 Less — are the three outlets that the administration said would carry the tests."

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... -to-expect
Lani

Post by Lani »

There is heavy demand for testing on my island. I think there are 7 test sites on my island, plus a mobile test van, and most are free. We used to have walk-in sites, but most now require an appointment because of increasing demand. It's going to get worse. We've been told to expect a surge in cases in upcoming days based on an evaluation of the situation here.

It's likely that we'll soon have vaccine passports for entry to restaurants and some other places. Fine with me.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:27 pm
And then get tested again in 3 days. It may take that long to show up on a test.

eta: We can't even make a same-day appt here for testing unless you do one of those walk-in clinics and pay out of pocket ($165!) You have to wait at least 2 days from the day requested through the state, county or Walgreens for a test to make as sure as possible that the results are accurate. Something to do with having enough of the virus for the test to read it.
My exposure was a week ago, so it should show up on the first test. But I went through the same evaluation.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”