Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Lani

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by Lani »

NEGATIVE!!!!! :cheer2: Still too sick to get up, but temperature remains low.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

:cheer2: :groupdance: :cheer1:
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Oh, whew!!!
:faint:
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

YAY. I hope they figure out what it is.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:mbounce: :bunny: :cheer2: :cheer1:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Lani wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:56 pm NEGATIVE!!!!! :cheer2: Still too sick to get up, but temperature remains low.
Great news!
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
slq

Post by slq »

:cheer2: :cheer2: Great news!
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

One of the local fancy retirement/nursing homes has an outbreak of vaccinated residents.

https://www.wjtv.com/news/fully-vaccina ... s-village/
MADISON, Miss. (WJTV) – According to St. Dominic Health Services, 25 residents at St. Catherine’s Village in Madison tested positive for COVID-19. All infected residents are fully vaccinated.

Officials said the majority of affected residents have no symptoms, but a few are experiencing mild to moderate symptoms. No employees have tested positive for the virus.

“We are working closely with the Mississippi State Department of Health to conduct variant testing, but we do not have results at this time,” said Meredith Bailess, Director of Marketing for St. Dominic Health Services.

She continued, “We continue to follow MSDH guidance for regular testing of team members and residents. We have asked that all residents wear a mask when not in their units and have placed all health center areas on essential visitation only.”
Of course, people are losing their minds about StCV going back on what amounts to lock down.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Funny thing happened on the way to the forum (Hannafords).

I didn't wear my mask when I went inside. I realized it did not seem necessary

We've had zero positive tests here in my county in upstate NY for a week, and only one or two each week the last three weeks. No resident deaths in months.

I wore my mask when I went into CVS, half to model good behavior and half because of the medical connection. I'll probably keep doing that.

If I were still in Fla, I would still be doing curbside and wearing a mask everywhere. Especially given that, despite having the highest case and death numbers in the country, DeSantis is hiding local infection numbers, so it's hard to figure out where the outbreaks are.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone will come up to me and ask me why I'm wearing a mask. I have my answer: "It's not a mask," I'll say, "it's an asshole detector."

:rimshot: (If I do say so myself.)
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:25 pm
Anyway, I'm hoping someone will come up to me and ask me why I'm wearing a mask. I have my answer: "It's not a mask," I'll say, "it's an asshole detector."

Bravo, madam, bravo :clap:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Oregon will end mask mandates June 30. I am in Hawaii where there is still an indoor mask mandate. I'm gonna wear a mask in Oregon after June 30 cuz I have enjoyed not having even a cold for the last 18 months.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:18 pm
p0rtia wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:25 pm

Bravo, mamdam, bravo :clap:
I'm stealing borrowing that!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Well, Kauai is going to hell. Vaccination rate is still hovering just over 60%. And it's official - the delta variant is widely spreading here. DOH warned yesterday that it's here and the number of cases will rapidly increase. Which it did today - 22 new cases, mostly from community spread. Most were not vaccinated. At least 3 people continued to go to work and church while feeling unwell, so more cases are coming soon. I bet there are some angry employers - everyone near these 3 sickies are now in quarantine for 10 days. :mad: :brickwallsmall:
Lani

Post by Lani »

My state now has over 100 cases a day. We're back to May numbers. Opened too fast, too much.

HONOLULU — Gov. David Ige said Thursday he will maintain a requirement that people wear masks indoors as the spread of the COVID-19 delta variant fuels a spike in cases.

I
ge told a news conference the number of new cases in Hawai‘i has exceeded 100 during three of the last five days. That contrasts to the past couple of months when the seven-day average of new hovered around 50.

Hawai‘i has not recorded an increase in hospitalizations or deaths at this point, he said.

The governor said the overwhelming number of people contracting the coronavirus are unvaccinated, and he urged those who are eligible to get their shots.

Hawaii has one of the highest vaccination rates among the 50 states. So far 65% of the population has received one shot and 58.9% have been fully vaccinated. [CDC claims it is higher.]

Ige has said he will keep the state’s mask mandate in place until 70% of the population is vaccinated.
https://www.thegardenisland.com/2021/07 ... -on-kauai/
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I finally put in a call to the doctor. Hubs came down sick last week. We're both fully vaxed, last spring. He came down with a bad cough and first sinus then chest congestion. No fever, so I figured it probably wasn't covid. We tried to be careful so that I wouldn't catch it but I did which made me wonder about the virus now that they're saying Delta is, what, 1,000 x more contagious? Hubs never had a sore throat but mine is on fire, but no trouble breathing. Just hurts to swallow. Plus I have the headache.

So I looked up breakthrough covid symptoms and they're basically the same as regular covid, although not as severe...usually. Everybody is different. But we both have our sense of smell so that's a good sign. Still no fever. No difficulty breathing, just overall miserable.

I should hear from the doc's office in the morning if they think it's worth investigating.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Good luck. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

This worries me. I'm hoping you twoos will be okay. ❤
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Any word from the doc yet?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Not yet. The MA said she was going to talk to the doc but haven't heard back. I'm worse today but Hubs is better. He's about five days ahead of me. Still no fever, though and no trouble breathing. Just coughing like a 4-pack a day smoker (I've never smoked), which is probably partly why my throat is so sore.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
filly

Post by filly »

Mr. Filly and I have resumed wearing masks in indoor spaces. We don’t enjoy it but seems prudent. So far no flack from any Trumpers.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Got my brain poked today. They do each nostril so it's twice the fun. No break-through covid so I'm thankful for that. Still sicker than a dog, every day is worse. I don't think I've been this sick in years. The first thing I do every morning is spray perfume to see if my nose is still working. (it is) Throat too sore to eat but no longer an area of concern. No fever to speak of but the ARNP called in a script just in case I get worse over the weekend.

So, yay?????
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:groupdance:

I'm glad to hear that. I have heard that the Delta version often starts out feeling more like a horrible head cold than the symptoms of the original virus.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Throat too sore to eat? I prescribes ICE CREAM. :biggrin:
"Life is messy," I said.
She nodded. "Isn't it just?"
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Mrs. FRP and I celebrated something of a return to normalcy (not to mention my new gig) last night by meeting a friend down in Milwaukee, having a nice dinner, and then going to the Brewers-White Sox game. I normally root for the Brewers, but not when they're playing my White Sox. There was enough black in the stands that it was almost a home game for the Sox, who won 3-1 behind a two-run bloop single by pitcher Lance Lynn in the second inning. Our seats were excellent, row 13 on the third-base side just above the visitors dugout. We made it home at 11:30 last night. Good times were had by all.

NOW GO GET VACCINATED YOU IDIOTS.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”