Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
scirreeve

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by scirreeve »

ZinWhit wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:49 pm Douglas Cty, OR has its highest covid numbers of the pandemic, actual, positivity rate and hospitalizations. It's one of the lowest vaccinated in Oregon and the delta is dominant.

Many Evergreen Family Medicine doctors (the county's largest) aren't vaccinated, Mercy hospital board member Powell (owns EFM with his brother) is anti-mask and for "natural" herd immunity since the beginning of the pandemic, all doing harm to the community.

I left my former Dr. yesterday during an appointment, disgusted.

This was the first in-person visit in 20 months and I asked for telemedicine (declined). I'm immuno-compromised, he's not vaccinated, and never was I told such, putting me at risk. Furthermore, at no point was I asked about my vaccination status. At least he was masked - a state mandate for health care providers.

This major community health network is helping to drive the spread of covid, violating their hippocratic oath. People go away saying their doctor is cool with natural herd immunity, screw vaccination.

As I left, I told my doctor he's going to be damn busy over the next month, what I thought about their moral and ethical accountability.

Now I must find a new doctor in Eugene.
I didn't know you lived in Douglas County. Poot infested place. Thanks for this post - I will now remember to ask my health care providers if they have been vaccinated. The former Sheriff that poots hate (Dave Ward) is a deputy Sheriff there now. I'm sure you already know that.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I was just talking to my Seattle sister. She was telling me that Oregon had a lottery for 12- to 17-year olds who had had at least one Covid vaccination shot. Five children each won $100,000 college scholarships from the lottery. And one of the winners is the grand-niece of my sister's wife. That is so cool! What a great idea for a lottery!

Governor Kate Brown Announces Take Your Shot, Oregon Scholarship Winners

(I'm not sure that this is the right thread for this post, but, close enough.)
filly

Post by filly »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:37 am I was just talking to my Seattle sister. She was telling me that Oregon had a lottery for 12- to 17-year olds who had had at least one Covid vaccination shot. Five children each won $100,000 college scholarships from the lottery. And one of the winners is the grand-niece of my sister's wife. That is so cool! What a great idea for a lottery!

Ohio started that. Michigan Followed.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:37 am I was just talking to my Seattle sister. She was telling me that Oregon had a lottery for 12- to 17-year olds who had had at least one Covid vaccination shot. Five children each won $100,000 college scholarships from the lottery. And one of the winners is the grand-niece of my sister's wife. That is so cool! What a great idea for a lottery!

:clap:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

filly wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:25 am Mr. Filly and I have resumed wearing masks in indoor spaces. We don’t enjoy it but seems prudent. So far no flack from any Trumpers.
Jon and I haven't stopped masking.

Well, I have twice, when I was at my hair stylist's salon. She and her colleagues are super great about covid protocol, and they ask every single person about their vaccine status. Those whom are vaccinated can choose to take their masks off if they want too.

My mask is going back on in the salon. I'm going to text my stylist, whom is also a friend, about delta and encourage her and her colleagues to start wearing masks and requiring masks again. I think her salon will start up with mask mandates.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Poor Sprout. His band has a gig at the club where all his crowd used to go on August 7. Looks like it’s getting canceled.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

ZinWhit wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:49 pm Douglas Cty, OR has its highest covid numbers of the pandemic, actual, positivity rate and hospitalizations. It's one of the lowest vaccinated in Oregon and the delta is dominant.

Many Evergreen Family Medicine doctors (the county's largest) aren't vaccinated, Mercy hospital board member Powell (owns EFM with his brother) is anti-mask and for "natural" herd immunity since the beginning of the pandemic, all doing harm to the community.

I left my former Dr. yesterday during an appointment, disgusted.

This was the first in-person visit in 20 months and I asked for telemedicine (declined). I'm immuno-compromised, he's not vaccinated, and never was I told such, putting me at risk. Furthermore, at no point was I asked about my vaccination status. At least he was masked - a state mandate for health care providers.

This major community health network is helping to drive the spread of covid, violating their hippocratic oath. People go away saying their doctor is cool with natural herd immunity, screw vaccination.

As I left, I told my doctor he's going to be damn busy over the next month, what I thought about their moral and ethical accountability.

Now I must find a new doctor in Eugene.
I'm so sorry that you're now fired doc is a maskhole. Thank you for sharing with him your thought about his choices. Mercy Hospital might be interested. You can leave a review about the clinic on Google.

Oregon
mandates
that healthcare settings require masks. If you're interested in reporting, contact OSHA.

All medical facilities in Eugene are requiring masks. Vaccine status is irrelevant to masking rules in healthcare settings.

Good luck, my friend! :bighug:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yesterday I emailed the county health agency to find out about a third jab, on account of how the Delta variant is spreading.

Whoa, it just hit me - we have a lady on the forum whose name is Karen, and she has suffered SO MUCH from the recent trend of calling people Karens. She NEVER asked to see the manager. :nope:

But we also have a lady whose name is Delta. I can't imagine what she's going through. :eek:

:lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:22 am Yesterday I emailed the county health agency to find out about a third jab, on account of how the Delta variant is spreading.

Whoa, it just hit me - we have a lady on the forum whose name is Karen, and she has suffered SO MUCH from the recent trend of calling people Karens. She NEVER asked to see the manager. :nope:

But we also have a lady whose name is Delta. I can't imagine what she's going through. :eek:

:lol:
It has been a very confusing time, between the airlines and the virus, I do a double-take every time someone says "delta" any more.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Well, that didn't work. The main thing I asked for was the vaccine card to show that I've been vaccinated in Feb. and Mar. I got the email confirming my jabs, but I'm supposed to get an official card of some sort to prove that I got jabbed.

Somebody thought I was interested in getting vaccinated for the first time and gave me an unhelpful link.

I tried again. I made the request very plain and simple, and asked them to please read it several times and maybe see if there was a grownup nearby who could help them understand what I wanted. :lol:

I'm a little cranky today. :oopsy: But maybe I'll get their attention this time. :towel:
filly

Post by filly »

You didn't get a card? I got a card when I got vaccinated (one card that shows both shots) in Texas! I have it on me and took a photo on my phone. Apparently there's some apps to use if you want to travel to the EU too.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

No, I got an email saying I'm fully vaccinated, but I didn't get the card. 'Course, we were in our car at the local sportsball arena parking lot, there may have been some confusion. I'm working on getting the card but it is NOT EASY. :lol:

And I was somewhat rude to them, but Jack Sellers in the #AZaudit thread made me look like a softie. :rotflmao:
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

I got a card too, when I got the shot, and thought everyone did. Foggy, you were vaccinated quite a while ago. Is it possible you got the card, put it away in a safe place, and just forgot? I’m not suggesting you have a memory problem, but that was the time period when you were incredibly busy re-starting Fogbow and you had a LOT on your mind.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

No, I wouldn't lose something like that. I thought the email I got was official, so I printed it, photographed it, and carry the photo on my phone. I didn't know I was supposed to get an official card, too. Yeah, I was distraught over the loss of the original Fogbow, but not enough that I would mess something like that up. I'm actually pretty organized about stuff and I never really lose anything.

My father in law gave me a watch once. Ten years later, I misplaced it. But since I never really lose anything, I wasn't too upset about it, and sure enough, two years after that I found it on top of a bookshelf. Why did I put it on a bookshelf? Some mysteries are never solved.

But I'll keep pestering the bureaucracy until I get the card. I don't think I need it to travel to Seattle on Wednesday, but I may travel to Europe next summer, so I've got almost a year to get them to cough it up.

No biggie. I'm also working on getting a third jab, for the Delta variant.
vax.png
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My normally smart psychiatrist brother has some concerns about neurological side effects from the vaccines based on what he has seen and read. I don't agree with him, but I'm not nearly medically educated enough to argue with him. I think the main problem is that he's read the data at VAERS and assumed a greater degree of serious side effects than what really happens. Therefore he will not let his 17-year old daughter - who is going off to college in a few weeks - get vaccinated.

But I'm curious to see what happens this week. My 37-year old very smart prosthodontist niece will be in town for our family reunion. She is over-the-top 100% pro-vaccine and very vocal about it. I can't imagine her NOT challenging my brother and she has the chops to do the research and intelligently refute him. I sure hope she does because I really, really want all of my relatives to be vaccinated.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

A 17 year old lady heading off to college will be able to make her own decision about getting vaxed. I have a buddy at my swim club who is doing exactly that, she has a scholarship to a small school in Florida and, despite her parents' desire, she plans to get the vaccine as soon as she arrives in her new city. Is DeSantis prohibiting vaccine altogether yet? He better get on the stick if'n he wants my friend to be vax-free.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Foggy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:36 pm No, I wouldn't lose something like that. I thought the email I got was official, so I printed it, photographed it, and carry the photo on my phone. I didn't know I was supposed to get an official card, too. Yeah, I was distraught over the loss of the original Fogbow, but not enough that I would mess something like that up. I'm actually pretty organized about stuff and I never really lose anything.

My father in law gave me a watch once. Ten years later, I misplaced it. But since I never really lose anything, I wasn't too upset about it, and sure enough, two years after that I found it on top of a bookshelf. Why did I put it on a bookshelf? Some mysteries are never solved.

But I'll keep pestering the bureaucracy until I get the card. I don't think I need it to travel to Seattle on Wednesday, but I may travel to Europe next summer, so I've got almost a year to get them to cough it up.

No biggie. I'm also working on getting a third jab, for the Delta variant.

vax.png
I got a card and a follow up email from the provider explaining how I could look it up on their website to prove I had the jab if I lost the card.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I was out today, and decided it was time to put the mask back on. I was only in two places, Home Goods and the grocery store. At Home Goods, nearly half the people were masked up. At the grocery store, fewer people had masks on, but I wasn't the only one. Top of the news tonight, the grocery store I was in, a local large chain, is now recommending masks, but not mandating them, starting Friday. Been here; done that, but I guess I'm doing it again.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Finally found someone who knew what they were talking about, and got a PDF with all the info the card would have. Printed it out, I'm good.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:47 am Finally found someone who knew what they were talking about, and got a PDF with all the info the card would have. Printed it out, I'm good.
:bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

They're still gonna want me to mask up for boarding the plane. I better print me up one a them "I'm EXEMPT, FREEDUMB" cards. :mrgreen:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:27 am They're still gonna want me to mask up for boarding the plane. I better print me up one a them "I'm EXEMPT, FREEDUMB" cards. :mrgreen:
Yeah, everyone needs masked on the plane (sorry, those exempt freedumb cards don't work). I still have not been on a plane since the start of this nightmare Hollywood movie, but it seems comical that anyone believes masks are effective when they squeeze everyone into those 12" wide seats where you battle for the shared armrests. And, hey, how do you eat the tiny bag of mini pretzels with a mask? Do you have to shove them under the bottom of the mask into your mouth?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

RDU Airport, Terminal 2, taken at 5:50 am, EVERYBODY is wearing a mask. The whole airport.

:biggrin:
FB_IMG_1628071066040.jpg
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I got a card as I was getting jabbed the first time. It's a bit smaller than recipe cards. It was updated when I got the second. I put it in a plastic sleeve, and keep it in my wallet.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Took Sprout to the vasty testing place today. His girlfriend’s infant niece has the virus :shock: . I don’t know her condition yet but I hope she’s ok. There are many teachers in GF’s family and everyone is vaccinated. GF has not spent much time lately with the baby but it’s family. Everyone visits.

He should hear by tomorrow. His band has a gig Friday night. He doesn’t feel sick but he wouldn’t if he’s vaccinated and has it. He’d just spread. :puke:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”