Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Covid-19 Numbers

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Covid-19 Numbers

Post by RTH10260 »

BUT... But... but... it will be gone by April :twisted:
► Show Spoiler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I had to cancel three trips last year because of covid. I'm supposed to meet my cousin in Philly in September. If we end up having to cancel that one, I'll be sooooo pissed (again). (we're both vaccinated but she has heart issues.)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I am so happy we had our trip out West when we did. We managed it between two heat domes, the monsoons stared not long after we left almost everywhere we were, and Delta was just starting to rise out there. I held my breath for the first few weeks after we returned as Grand Junction CO was already a Delta hot spot, although we didn't know that until we got to the train station.

And I remember well the cancelled trips from last year. I had four of them.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

Lollapalooza in Chicago this weekend doesn't seem like a good idea either.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

filly wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:24 pm Lollapalooza in Chicago this weekend doesn't seem like a good idea either.
And we're 99.9% decided to skip Jazz Fest this year in Oct. My heart is breaking, but better than getting sick.
filly

Post by filly »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:31 pm
filly wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:24 pm Lollapalooza in Chicago this weekend doesn't seem like a good idea either.
And we're 99.9% decided to skip Jazz Fest this year in Oct. My heart is breaking, but better than getting sick.
Yeah, it's all heartbreaking that we cannot get back to the things that give us joy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

HHS reports some Jacksonville hospitals out of ICU beds
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Jacksonville’s local hospitals are bursting at the seams as COVID-19 cases surge. A UF Health spokesperson says its campuses were treating 186 COVID-19 patients as of Thursday.

“That means you have patients lying in stretchers that should be admitted into a hospital bed, but there is nowhere to put them,” UF Health Assistant Chief Medical Officer Dr. Chirag Patel said.

Patel says UF Health’s North campus is already above capacity at 130 percent, and the downtown location is 95 percent full.

Data as of Monday from Health and Human Services show how overwhelmed hospitals are. The data show Ascention St. Vincent’s on the Southside is actually in the negative for ICU beds available to patients. And Orange Park Medical Center reportedly has a zero percent availability for ICU beds.
https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/loca ... 2ME2EWDKU/
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Mississippi ICUs have only 10% of beds available as COVID-19 delta variant surges, none at UMMC
As the delta variant ravages the state, patients are waiting in hallways at Mississippi’s largest hospital as staff scramble to care for the influx of COVID-19 cases requiring hospitalization.

All 92 beds in the University of Mississippi Medical Center’s intensive care unit, the state’s largest, are full. The hospital's emergency department is overwhelmed and doctors and nurses are working around the clock to get sick patients into hospital rooms.

“There just aren’t enough nurses, physicians and hospital beds to treat the cases this wave is causing,” said Jonathan Wilson, UMMC’s chief administrative officer.

UMMC is not the only hospital experiencing a strain. As of Friday in the Jackson metro area, where COVID-19 cases are rising fastest, there were only three ICU beds available collectively at all area hospitals, according to state health department data. Only 78 of 826 ICU beds statewide were available, or less than 10%, according to state health department data.
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/new ... 430166001/
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 6.47.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 6.47.50 PM.png (397.78 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
Lani

Post by Lani »

Hawaii's 3-day average is more than 300 new cases each and every day. The record of new infections was reported on 8/13/20 with 355 cases. We'll have a new record very soon.

3 more deaths.

Children are 25% of the cases.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Notaperson wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:43 pm Mississippi ICUs have only 10% of beds available as COVID-19 delta variant surges, none at UMMC
As the delta variant ravages the state, patients are waiting in hallways at Mississippi’s largest hospital as staff scramble to care for the influx of COVID-19 cases requiring hospitalization.

All 92 beds in the University of Mississippi Medical Center’s intensive care unit, the state’s largest, are full. The hospital's emergency department is overwhelmed and doctors and nurses are working around the clock to get sick patients into hospital rooms.

“There just aren’t enough nurses, physicians and hospital beds to treat the cases this wave is causing,” said Jonathan Wilson, UMMC’s chief administrative officer.

UMMC is not the only hospital experiencing a strain. As of Friday in the Jackson metro area, where COVID-19 cases are rising fastest, there were only three ICU beds available collectively at all area hospitals, according to state health department data. Only 78 of 826 ICU beds statewide were available, or less than 10%, according to state health department data.
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/new ... 430166001/
I believe it's even worse than that now. They implemented the 'covid protocol' a couple of days ago and use something called MedCom to track the beds statewide. My understanding is they send (or keep) patients in the ER and count that towards "beds" even if they don't have an actual bed to put them in. The ICU beds at the Children's Hospital are full.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm terrified of what will happen when school starts back up. Here in Floriduh, DeathSantis has signed a bill, or will sign it, that will defund any school district that mandates masks.

I get that he's an asshole, but how can he not realize what letting children become ill, hospitalized and even die, will do to his reelection?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:55 am I'm terrified of what will happen when school starts back up. Here in Floriduh, DeathSantis has signed a bill, or will sign it, that will defund any school district that mandates masks.

I get that he's an asshole, but how can he not realize what letting children become ill, hospitalized and even die, will do to his reelection?
He's rolling with the Trump playbook. He's not aiming at reelection -- he's wants the (R) Presidential nomination.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:17 pm
So we win, again? :blackeye:

smh
filly

Post by filly »

filly

Post by filly »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

filly wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:53 pm
Thanks Governor Abbott. :mad:
filly

Post by filly »

I'm starting to read of push back on Abbott by....parents and teachers! No mask mandates in schools, no distance learning, children too young for vaccines. I'm sure Greggy will be in good shape during re-election with the blood of babies on his hands. Deplorable!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

filly wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:55 pm https:// twitter.com/TomBossert/status/1421551061286985741
Thomas P. Bossert
@TomBossert
This is not good. FL is now in uncharted territory with 21.7K new cases reported today (the largest single day number of new cases). 108 new deaths. This wave is now larger than all previous waves. 10,187 hospitalized (83% of its all-time pandemic high). Time to change gears:
9:19 PM · Jul 31, 2021
on approx 22 million residents.

Thailand, the country I follow losely, has since April (Buddhist New Year) after everyone was travelling crosscountry a surging number of infections, especially over the last two weeks. Currently at about 17'000 new cases daily (increasing about 1000 each day) for approx 70 million residents.

Comparing these numbers to Florida seems to me that FL is lacking something on the prevention side.

Thailand has largely restricted movement between the provinces and the hospitality industry is in a near lockdown situation (the word lockdown is banned from the local media) with severly restricted opening times for restaurants and street food vendors.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

FL hospitals are already full, especially up north. Two weeks from now they'll be overflowing and by Labor Day the death rates will look like last year. Our local children's hospital is starting to fill up with covid patients, something that wasn't a big problem during the first three spikes.

I can't help but thinking of that idiot woman's shirt that read "DeSantis 2024 - Make America Florida
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:26 pm FL hospitals are already full, especially up north. Two weeks from now they'll be overflowing and by Labor Day the death rates will look like last year. Our local children's hospital is starting to fill up with covid patients, something that wasn't a big problem during the first three spikes.

I can't help but thinking of that idiot woman's shirt that read "DeSantis 2024 - Make America Florida
The cement-headed dipshit still thinks he's smarter than the experts that correctly predicted just what was going to happen in Florida due to his know-nothing policies. And he's selling it to the willing credulous.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”