Covid-19 Numbers

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Suranis

Re: Covid-19 Numbers

Post by Suranis »

Yup.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

And soon a major hurricane on top of everything else.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

On the radio, one reporter talked about an interaction with an EMT who had sat in the hospital parking lot with his patient for four hours, in "line" to get into the ER. He had to keep running back to the ambulance for tanks of oxygen (maybe the hospital should invest in those vibrating pagers they use at Outback).

In the meantime, other calls were coming in and there wasn't a damn thing he and his team could do until the hospital accepted the guy they were monitoring.

(Seriously, now I'm picturing a staffer standing at the drive-through ER drop-off with a clip board asking "How many? It's a four hour wait. Ok, you'll stay? Name please? Here's your pager. Please return here when it vibrates)
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:58 pm On the radio, one reporter talked about an interaction with an EMT who had sat in the hospital parking lot with his patient for four hours, in "line" to get into the ER. He had to keep running back to the ambulance for tanks of oxygen (maybe the hospital should invest in those vibrating pagers they use at Outback).

In the meantime, other calls were coming in and there wasn't a damn thing he and his team could do until the hospital accepted the guy they were monitoring.

(Seriously, now I'm picturing a staffer standing at the drive-through ER drop-off with a clip board asking "How many? It's a four hour wait. Ok, you'll stay? Name please? Here's your pager. Please return here when it vibrates)
Cut out the middle man and just start stacking them in the reefer trailers as soon as you get there.

I read this morning that funeral homes in FL were overwhelmed, surprise surprise. I remember how bad it was in NY. Too bad hardly anyone learned from it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Europe
70 percent of adults in the European Union have been fully vaccinated.

By Elian Peltier
Aug. 31, 2021

Around 70 percent of adults in the European Union have been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, E.U. officials said on Tuesday, a milestone that puts the bloc among the world’s leaders in vaccinations despite a sluggish start earlier this year and worrying discrepancies among member states.

After a fumbling start, the European Union overtook the United States in vaccinations last month, as campaigns taken together across the bloc’s 27 countries grew at a faster pace than anywhere else in the world. Tuesday’s announcement marked the meeting of a self-set deadline that once seemed far out of reach.

While the vaccination rate has slowed this month, it has yet to reach a ceiling that some experts and officials feared it would hit over the summer. Taking children and teenagers into account, more than 55 percent of the overall E.U. population has been fully vaccinated, compared with 52 percent in the United States, 61 percent in Israel, and 64 percent in Britain.

Those figures, however, mask wide differences between E.U. countries — ones that the authorities in Brussels may struggle to address, because each member country runs its own vaccination campaign.

While more than 80 percent of adults have been fully inoculated in Belgium, Denmark and Portugal, and more than 75 percent in countries like Spain and the Netherlands, the figure falls to 45 percent in Latvia, 31 percent in Romania and 20 percent in Bulgaria.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/31/worl ... rcent.html
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Wow. If I was, for the sake of argument, a leader of an unfriendly power that was involved in massive amounts odisinformation to attack the USA, I would regard persuading people not to vaccinate as commiting a load of economic damage.
Hic sunt dracones
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Enemies of the USA have it made - they don't have to raise a finger or use much of their own resources or effort. Except to lift their glass, take a drink, and congratulate themselves for their good fortune.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:30 pm Enemies of the USA have it made - they don't have to raise a finger or use much of their own resources or effort. Except to lift their glass, take a drink, and congratulate themselves for their good fortune.
Rupert Murdoch has done more damage to the US in the last quarter century, that all other foreign powers combined have in the last 240+ years...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Relate the number of deaths to the population count and the current numbers are therefore still about just a third of the Great Flu.

103.2 million (1918)
333.3 million (2021)

(numbers from Google)
Lani

Post by Lani »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:54 pm Relate the number of deaths to the population count and the current numbers are therefore still about just a third of the Great Flu.

103.2 million (1918)
333.3 million (2021)

(numbers from Google)
The article discusses the population difference. But also the medical difference -
Unlike today, there was no vaccine for the 1918 flu. There was also no CDC or national public health department. The Food and Drug Administration existed but consisted of a very small group of people. Additionally, there were no antibiotics, intensive care units, ventilators or IV fluids.

Scientists hadn’t even seen a virus under a microscope. They didn’t have the technology and they knew almost nothing of virology ....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Lani wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:23 am
RTH10260 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:54 pm Relate the number of deaths to the population count and the current numbers are therefore still about just a third of the Great Flu.

103.2 million (1918)
333.3 million (2021)

(numbers from Google)
The article discusses the population difference. But also the medical difference -
Unlike today, there was no vaccine for the 1918 flu. There was also no CDC or national public health department. The Food and Drug Administration existed but consisted of a very small group of people. Additionally, there were no antibiotics, intensive care units, ventilators or IV fluids.

Scientists hadn’t even seen a virus under a microscope. They didn’t have the technology and they knew almost nothing of virology ....
I made my comment based simply on the numbers in the tweet, didn't read the article, just have completed that now. The numbers could be better for the US, considering the failures under the previous administration to take this issue serious and not handle it as a election campaign issue, as also eliminating branches in the CDC (pandemic preparedness). But the US has it's own special problem - You.Are.Not.My.Boss - and therefore many don't consider them responsible for their neighbour.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Oh, I understood your interest in the death comparison. It was like comparing apples to automobiles. I wasn't going to read the article. Then I did read it and was surprised - very interesting about now and then.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Dying to own the libs. The big question is...will it work?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:21 am Dying to own the libs. The big question is...will it work?
Let's just let them play this out.... :thumbsup:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

I heard Gottlieb on the radio this AM dropping the kid off and laughed, just heard it again on the Twitters and laughed and laughed. Yeah, we can count on that not happening, right?
Lani

Post by Lani »

:roll:

I recently read a Time article about the next wave. Based on the past ones and current one, the interviewee thinks the next one will develop during November-January. Holidays, parties, traveling, lots of time in closed areas in close contact. He believes that case numbers will start rising in January. The impact depends on whether enough people are immunized.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Here we go again.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”