Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Corona Virus vaccination status poll

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.

What is your current vaccination status?

I had two Pfizer or Moderna and two boosters.
73%
I had 2 Pfizer or Moderna and a booster.
17%
I had 2 Pfizer and no booster.
2%
I had 2 Moderna and no booster.
2%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot and two boosters (mRNA Pfizer or Moderna as recommended)
6%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, and a booster.
No votes
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, no booster.
No votes
I'm still working on getting vaccinated.
No votes
I do not plan to be vaccinated (you are welcomed to state your reasons).
No votes

Total votes: 52

Fiascoist

Re: Corona Virus vaccination status poll

Post by Fiascoist »

Second shot of Pfizer on May 19. Much less painful than the first one. Felt a little weird all afternoon, so I took a nap. I had one interesting side effect for about 12 hours, I had the most incredible sense of smell. Everything was magnified. Hard to describe but it was like the world was clearer, colors brighter. I wondered if this is how my dog sees the world. It was magnificent and was sorry to see it disappear.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

10 hours after the shot and I've got the chills like i havent had for decades.

Edit. Under a crapload of blankets for two hours and the chills are gone completely.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

keith wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:00 am 10 hours after the shot and I've got the chills like i havent had for decades.

Edit. Under a crapload of blankets for two hours and the chills are gone completely.
:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

keith wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:00 am 10 hours after the shot and I've got the chills like i havent had for decades.

:bighug: My second Pfizer shot was a doozy. I had flu like symptoms for more about a day and a half. High fever, chills, etc. I was hot/cold for 36 or 38 hours straight. When the symptoms ended, they ended almost immediately. It was like one minute I had terrible symptoms and the next minute pretty much back to normal.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Editor Korir

Post by Editor Korir »

RVInit wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:38 am
keith wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:00 am My second Pfizer shot was a doozy
I had one side effect from my first Pfizer shot, double vision about 20 hours after the shot. Doc says it they suspect it WASN’T a side effect, that it means my ophthalmologist appointment is just overdue. Zero side effects second shot. Breezed through it. Also, not related, but I was bit by a 🦌 tick around the same time, put on doxycycline, no side effects there either. So now I’m fully vaccinated and don’t have Lyme diseas.

I see people not wearing 😷 masks in grocery stores, where before EVERYONE wore one. I continue to wear a mask in public, even though I’m vaccinated. So far, no anti vaxxer or Trumper has verbally harassed me for wearing a mask.
Acting Ambassador to Red Sox Nation
Editor Korir

Post by Editor Korir »

Edit: I had no side effects, except for double vision about 20 hours after the first Pfizer shot. Doc says it’s probably unrelated, just means I’m overdue to see the eye doc. Second shot I breezed through. Not even arm pain. Also, around the same time I was bit by a 🦌 tick, put on doxycycline, no side effects there either. So now aim fully vaccinated and no Lyme disease.

I still wear a 😷 mask out in public, but I see people without them in locations like grocery stores where there had been compliance and everyone wore one a few months ago. So far I haven’t encountered an anti vaxxer or Trumper who will yell at me for wearing a mask.
Acting Ambassador to Red Sox Nation
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I've sent a question to the local health department and have not gotten a response. After being fully vaccinated, is it possible to contract and spread the virus to unvaccinated people?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:34 pm I've sent a question to the local health department and have not gotten a response. After being fully vaccinated, is it possible to contract and spread the virus to unvaccinated people?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... eople.html
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

As for me, while I could take off the mask in places, I am wearing it in public places (save for walking around outside though I usually have one handy still), but choose to keep wearing it because:

1. Anything that can comfort those who may not have been able to vaxxedd yet and don't know my status (these are the people I want to help).
2. Still some unknowns, so if it can help if I could actually carry something without symptoms, I might as well continue.
3. It will annoy the anti-mask/anti-vax crowd. My body, my choice. Personal freedom.
101010 :towel:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Editor Korir wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:25 pm Edit: I had no side effects, except for double vision about 20 hours after the first Pfizer shot. Doc says it’s probably unrelated, just means I’m overdue to see the eye doc.
:snippity:
I had double vision right after the shots. Also weakness. Stayed extra time at the clinic until I felt better and could safely drive home. I've been having random incidents of double vision for over a year anyway, recently began a medical protocol to correct it, and it has definitely helped. But the shots almost immediately caused it again and lingered for a couple of days.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:34 pm I've sent a question to the local health department and have not gotten a response. After being fully vaccinated, is it possible to contract and spread the virus to unvaccinated people?
I think it is very unlikely that you could spread COVID to others since your chances of getting are way down after being vaccinated. Here is the guidance from the CDC FAQ page:
Do I need to wear a mask and avoid close contact with others if I have gotten two does of the vaccine?

It depends. For now, fully vaccinated people can gather indoors without physical distancing or wearing masks with:

Other people who are fully vaccinated
Unvaccinated people from one other household, unless any of those people or anyone they live with has an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19

Until more is known, fully vaccinated people should continue to wear masks and stay 6 feet apart from other people in other settings, like when they are in public or visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households.

Additional recommendations can be found at When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I don't want to change poll choices because I think any edit resets the poll. If you have received any other single dose vaccine just pick the J&J choice. If you have received any other two dose vaccine just pick either the Pfizer or Moderna.

We are doing a great job! :thumbsup:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RVInit wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:38 am

:bighug: My second Pfizer shot was a doozy. I had flu like symptoms for more about a day and a half. High fever, chills, etc. I was hot/cold for 36 or 38 hours straight. When the symptoms ended, they ended almost immediately. It was like one minute I had terrible symptoms and the next minute pretty much back to normal.
I hear more negative stories of Pfizer than Moderna.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:22 pm
I had the Moderna. Fine on the first one, but the second one I had an unbelievably sore arm and was really fatigued for several days after. My daughter and SIL also had the Moderna. Pretty good the first one, but both had a couple of rough days after the second. My son with Pfizer felt the after effects both times, but the first was worse than the second. I know others who had Pfizer who never felt a thing.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:36 pm
I had the Moderna. Fine on the first one, but the second one I had an unbelievably sore arm and was really fatigued for several days after. My daughter and SIL also had the Moderna. Pretty good the first one, but both had a couple of rough days after the second..
oh great. So you are telling me to cancel my weekend social plans??
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:48 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:36 pm
I had the Moderna. Fine on the first one, but the second one I had an unbelievably sore arm and was really fatigued for several days after. My daughter and SIL also had the Moderna. Pretty good the first one, but both had a couple of rough days after the second..
oh great. So you are telling me to cancel my weekend social plans??
No, but good luck!
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I had the Moderna. 2nd shot left me achy & tired, and late on the day after I spiked just enough fever to have me shivering under a blanket until the next afternoon.
► Show Spoiler
Image Image Image Image
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Estiveo wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:11 pm I had the Moderna. 2nd shot left me achy & tired, and late on the day after I spiked just enough fever to have me shivering under a blanket until the next afternoon.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Il factotum
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

zekeb wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:15 pm
Estiveo wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:11 pm I had the Moderna. 2nd shot left me achy & tired, and late on the day after I spiked just enough fever to have me shivering under a blanket until the next afternoon.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

zekeb wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:15 pm
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Image Image Image Image
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Keep wearing the masks folks.

Doesn't take much to start it all up again. I realize the USA isn't anywhere near in as good a position as Australia WRT community spread (except with lots more vaccinations), but it doesn't take much to get the runaway train rolling again. Melbourne has been basically unrestricted with no community transmission at all for 3 months. People have been getting complacent, not wearing masks on public transport in spite of $250 fines. Wearing masks on trams and trains was just about the ONLY mandatory measure still in place. Then...

Victoria's 'serious' COVID-19 outbreak — here's what we know about the new cases so far
A Wollert man spent two weeks in hotel quarantine in South Australia and returned to Victoria in early May and then tested positive.

Genomic sequencing has confirmed the cases in the new cluster are all linked to the Wollert case but the "missing link" has not yet been found.

Professor Mike Toole, an epidemiologist a the Burnet Institute, thinks the man from Wollert may have infected someone who did not develop symptoms and, therefore, didn't get tested.

"It will be very hard to find that person because they're probably OK by now," he told Statewide Drive.
List of Melbourne COVID exposure sites
A logo at Highpoint shopping centre, in Maribyrnong, in Melbourne.

Victoria's health department has listed these sites as they try to contain an outbreak identified this week.
Read more

As health officials interview more and more close contacts, the exposure sites have changed frequently.

They range from Epping to Maribyrnong and Melbourne's CBD, and date back as far as May 17.
Victoria to enter a COVID-19 lockdown as cases from Melbourne outbreak grow
The Victorian government has announced a seven-day lockdown today in a bid to curb the state's growing coronavirus outbreak.
Key points:
  • The seven-day lockdown will start at midnight and apply to the whole state
  • Victorians will only be allowed to leave their homes for five reasons
  • Ten thousand primary and secondary contacts have been linked to the cases
The state's outbreak has now reached 26 cases, with 11 new cases recorded overnight.

One of the cases is now in intensive care in hospital and on a ventilator.

Acting Premier James Merlino said contact tracers had identified 10,000 primary and secondary contacts linked to the outbreak.

The circuit-breaker lockdown will be in place until 11:59pm on June 3.

Mr Merlino said there would be only five reasons people would be allowed to leave their homes:

Food and supplies
Authorised work
Care and caregiving
Exercise for up to two hours with one other person
Getting vaccinated
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Got the juice part dux...

So far the wifi went from 3 bars to 4, and the nanobot software upgrade is goin splendid....nfji^&((KVGEEB09"><...

Error 2998 Error 197...

Stack dump...

Goto 50...

End of line.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Kids! What's the matter with kids today?

See above Frater report of his two-o vaccination.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
fava

Post by fava »

You need another entry in the poll. 1 shot of pfizer and 1 shot of Moderna,

I got my second shot yesterday and my vaccine card says I received 2 doses of Pfizer. However my health records says I received one Pfizer and one Moderna. Different lot numbers and everything.

What did i get? I don't actually know. Its being "looked in to".
magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 »

Fully vaccinated with Pfizer as of June 5, 2021.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”