Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Corona Virus vaccination status poll

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.

What is your current vaccination status?

I had two Pfizer or Moderna and two boosters.
73%
I had 2 Pfizer or Moderna and a booster.
17%
I had 2 Pfizer and no booster.
2%
I had 2 Moderna and no booster.
2%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot and two boosters (mRNA Pfizer or Moderna as recommended)
6%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, and a booster.
No votes
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, no booster.
No votes
I'm still working on getting vaccinated.
No votes
I do not plan to be vaccinated (you are welcomed to state your reasons).
No votes

Total votes: 52

p0rtia

Re: Corona Virus vaccination status poll

Post by p0rtia »

Booked for my booster Tuesday at my local CVS. Six months and five days. Perfect.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Saw my doctor - In Person! - yesterday. I was told I can get the 3rd shot after I get over an infection. And I will probably get a sick leave slip so I don't have to worry about working while I get over it. The first shot left me quite weak for a few days, plus a very sore arm. Seriously hurt if I moved it, so I used a sling to keep it still. 2nd was the same, but didn't last as long. (Note to self: check with HR to see if I get paid for days off for recovery. Some businesses are doing that.)
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:49 pm
Dr. Caligari wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:16 pm My wife and I both got Moderna shots #3 yesterday. We're both feeling terrible today, but it's worth it.
I'll take the third shot when I qualify. The first jab was easy, the second not so much.
True for me, too. I'm not really looking forward to the third.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:56 pm
neonzx wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:49 pm
Dr. Caligari wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:16 pm My wife and I both got Moderna shots #3 yesterday. We're both feeling terrible today, but it's worth it.
I'll take the third shot when I qualify. The first jab was easy, the second not so much.
True for me, too. I'm not really looking forward to the third.
Still nothing here.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Scheduled my booster for Wednesday afternoon. Took Thursday and Friday off, though I am still planning on attending a couple of short virtual meetings for a project just moving into construction phase.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Got boosted three hours ago. My arm itches!

Planning on lying low tomorrow as needed (I needed after my second shot).

I'm experiencing a nice sense of well-being. Liking the thought of maximum safety.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Got the shot. Waiting out the 15 minutes now. :biggrin:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Now to wait 2 weeks then get flu shots.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:02 pm Now to wait 2 weeks then get flu shots.
Actually, you don't! I thought that too until some friends got their Pfizer booster and flu shots together yesterday. Before I wagged a finger a quick google search turned up a change in recommendation by the CDC about two weeks ago and a video of Fauci on CNN's website.

We got our flu shots today. Since we are both Moderna and too young :batting: we couldn't get that yet (short of lying that we were unvaccinated) so we may wind up with a few weeks interval anyway.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Scheduled my Pfizer booster for Oct 8.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

2 Pfizer - no worries...
(only the most minor soreness in the jab site)
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Can we have another couple of options for internationals?

Other maker - 1 Jab
Other maker - 2 Jabs
Other maker - 2 plus booster

AstraZeneca is the most common given in Australia

wiki - As of 27 September 2021, 6.18 billion doses of COVID‑19 vaccines have been administered worldwide based on official reports from national public health agencies. AstraZeneca anticipates producing 3 billion doses in 2021, Pfizer–BioNTech 1.3 billion doses, and Sputnik V, Sinopharm, Sinovac, and Janssen 1 billion doses each. Moderna targets producing 600 million doses and Convidecia 500 million doses in 2021.

Noting that there are a fair few others out there - including Cuba's
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-29/ ... /100490568
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I could almost be considered eligible because of my church job, but that sort of sits on the line since it is Sunday morning only (no other rehearsals yet) and there is still a fair amount of distancing from where I sit, and we are all masked. There were likely thinking more of those who do regular visits with parishioners.

I do need to get on my yearly flu shot though.
101010 :towel:
tek

Post by tek »

Got the official scoop as to why son-in-law finally got his first covid shot:

His employer (an aerospace company with a LOT of govt business) said he had one week to get a jab or get fired.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

This morning Mrs. V's arm is quite sore from the injection.

She is jealous that my arm is only slightly sore. ;)
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Booster report: 26 hours after shot, feeling fine. Arm sore as heck is all. No crappy feeling like after No. 2.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tek wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:23 am Got the official scoop as to why son-in-law finally got his first covid shot:

His employer (an aerospace company with a LOT of govt business) said he had one week to get a jab or get fired.
Good. Whatever it takes. I foresee a lot of people getting it solely because they want to go to sportsball games or concerts. And I'm good with that. I would prefer everyone see the value in it to our society, but ultimately it is the actual vax that matters, not the reason.

Congrats to you and your son-in-law! :thumbsup:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Mrs.V had some more severe reactions later but having taken some Tylenol now feels better. :thumbsup:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Poll updated: we are now at 10% 2 Pfizer and booster! And now I'm off to take some acetaminophen preemptively.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Also, note to self: wear a t-shirt next time so I don't have to give the pharmacy staff a strip-tease. :girlbutt: Even after 18 months without picking up a sword, these guns won't be contained! :duel:
W. Kevin Vicklund

18 hours post-booster, I have a sore arm similar to shot 2, and a temp .7oF above baseline. Also, Dr. Vicklund got her flu shot, a steroid shot*, and her biologic yesterday, so I expect the Viking Longhouse to be rather subdued today. Dr. Vicklund didn't go to bed until after I got up this morning.

*They had to change her steroid shot to a less effective one because there's a supply shortage. Anyone want to hazard a guess why there is a supply shortage? :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

I just took my parents (90 and 91) to get their Pfizer booster shots yesterday. They had an appointment at their pharmacy; we drove up and called in and the tech came out and gave them the shots without them having to leave the car. We had to wait 10 minutes then I drove them home. Easy-peasy; a lot faster than the first shots (going to the racetrack and waiting for hours). Today Mom said they were both fine except for some soreness at the injection site.

I'm not eligible yet; not 65 and it hasn't been 6 months since my last shot. But I'll get it as soon as I can.
filly

Post by filly »

tek wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:23 am Got the official scoop as to why son-in-law finally got his first covid shot:

More and more evidence that MANDATES WORK!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Mrich wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:14 pm I just took my parents (90 and 91) to get their Pfizer booster shots yesterday. They had an appointment at their pharmacy; we drove up and called in and the tech came out and gave them the shots without them having to leave the car. We had to wait 10 minutes then I drove them home. Easy-peasy; a lot faster than the first shots (going to the racetrack and waiting for hours). Today Mom said they were both fine except for some soreness at the injection site.

I'm not eligible yet; not 65 and it hasn't been 6 months since my last shot. But I'll get it as soon as I can.
Very cool! Love hearing these stories about the ease of boosters (I was just reassuring a friend who is convinced there will be a new shortage with the supposed avalanche of people descending on the local pharmacies). The comparison with the March experience is eyeopening.

Modern medicine is amazing. Which makes the ongoing overcrowding/overworking of our medical facilities even more infuriating.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Mrs.V feeling much better today. :biggrin:

My slight soreness has faded.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”