Coronavirus and the Schools

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Re: Coronavirus and the Schools

Post by LM K »

In anti-mask communities, I would not send my child back to school.

Something we should remind anti-mask parents. There is a severe teacher shortage in almost all 50 states. There aren't enough substitutes to keep schools open if teachers get sick.

The only way to keep classrooms open is for students to be masked. Not all teachers are vaxed. Breakthrough infections happen. Those exposed to someone whom tests positive for covid must quarantine. Teachers don't have to have covid to be quarantined. Nor do students.

WTF are these parents thinking? Do they want their child in school or not?
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

Estiveo wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:17 pm
Volkonski wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:46 pm
Dan got his ass arrested today.
On Wednesday, a student approached Bauman and said “I’ve had enough for four days” and attempted to grab his cellphone as he was recording, according to the arrest report.

Bauman pushed the student in the shoulder and then “grabbed her hand and twisted her arm in an aggressive manner,” according to the report.

He was immediately taken into custody and has been charged with aggravated child abuse.
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/25/b ... e-protest/
From the article.
Four supporters of Isabel showed up carrying signs in front of the school to protest the district’s mask mandate. A group of students on the school’s campus chanted ‘Wear a Mask, Wear a Mask’ directed toward the group as well as Isabel.

The school’s interim principal, Sean Curran, said the school’s hands are tied. The administration is just following the guidance of the Broward County school district. He also said the school has met numerous times with Bauman’s family and detailed exceptions that are available.

Meanwhile, Curran said the student body as a whole is following the district’s guidance.

“Our kids are incredible,” Curran said. “Every single one of them is wearing it and are supportive of what the measures are to keep everyone safe.”
Dan has really screwed up Isabel's life. This was her first week at a new school. Dan's crap has made her a target. She will be shunned. She won't make friends for a long time. She's already faced social consequences.

Dan didn't want to resolve this. He wanted social media attention. He met with the school multiple times to discuss options. He refused any option.

It will be interesting to watch this play out.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Dan got pretty violent.
"Bauman was videotaping other students with his phone and causing a disturbance at the gate," a Fort Lauderdale Police spokesperson said. In an arrest report, Bauman was also described as "known to cause disruption due to protesting the school board's mask policy."

According to the report, a student was heard saying, "I've had enough for four days," and walked up to Bauman. She attempted to grab his cellphone while he was recording.

Bauman then pushed the student by the shoulder and grabbed her hand, twisting her arm, Fort Lauderdale police said in the report. An officer and security guard had to pull Bauman away from the student.
:snippity:

Bauman remains in Broward County's main jail pending a bond hearing. His lawyer, Corey Strolla, says Bauman was a victim of a robbery by sudden snatching and that he "used absolutely no unnecessary physical force to legally obtain his property back in his rightful possession."
Hmmm. A police officer and security guard had to pull Dan away from a child. The teen tried to grab his phone; I'm unclear if she succeeded getting Dan's phone.

If law enforcement was present, Dan didn't need to assault a student to get his phone back from a robber.

I'm certain that they're is video of Dan assaulting the teen. I'll keep an eye out.
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

He was charged with aggravated child abuse, a 30 year max felony.

Also posted in the spreadneck thread. viewtopic.php?p=41572#p41572

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

LM K wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:03 pm I'm certain that they're is video of Dan assaulting the teen. I'll keep an eye out.
About :45 in this story: https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/sch ... y/2537014/

Happens quick, they don't give him much rope.

Just the vid:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

LM K wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:03 pm Dan got pretty violent.
"Bauman was videotaping other students with his phone and causing a disturbance at the gate," a Fort Lauderdale Police spokesperson said. In an arrest report, Bauman was also described as "known to cause disruption due to protesting the school board's mask policy."

I'm certain that they're is video of Dan assaulting the teen. I'll keep an eye out.
About 45 seconds into the video at the link.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Sun Sentinel put together several videos of the event into one video.

The student did not get Dan's phone. Thus, he was not "robbed".

LM K

Post by LM K »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:20 pm
LM K wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:03 pm Dan got pretty violent.

About 45 seconds into the video at the link.
:bighug:
LM K

Post by LM K »

Police said the student tried to take Bauman’s phone because she didn’t want to be recorded, and Bauman “pushed the child by the shoulder and grabbed her hand and twisting her arm in an aggressive manner.”
Student told police that she didn't want to be recorded.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

LM K wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:48 pm
Dan has really screwed up Isabel's life. This was her first week at a new school. Dan's crap has made her a target. She will be shunned. She won't make friends for a long time. She's already faced social consequences.

Dan didn't want to resolve this. He wanted social media attention. He met with the school multiple times to discuss options. He refused any option.

It will be interesting to watch this play out.
She’s a chip off the block. Girl can’t breathe in a mask.
“I want to be able to go to school like everyone does but I can’t wear a mask, I can’t breathe in it and I want to have that choice,” said Isabel
Poor Isabel.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

With both siblings wearing backpacks, Mkayla Robinson put her arms around her little brother, and the two smiled for a photo on Friday, Aug. 6., as they prepared to leave home to start her final year of junior high and his first day of kindergarten. But eight days into her eighth-grade year at Raleigh Junior High, Robinson died of COVID-19 on Saturday, Aug. 14, mere hours after testing positive for the virus.

She was one of at least 5,993 Mississippi students who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last two weeks, according to data the Mississippi State Department of Health released today. At the same point in August 2020, the Mississippi State Department had reported just 199 cases among students; total confirmed COVID-19 cases did not surpass 5,000 until the end of the semester in December 2020.

Last week alone, 803 schools reported 4,521 positive cases among students. Schools have also confirmed 1,496 cases among teachers and educational staff this month so far. The situation and the deaths of at least two teenagers from COVID-19 since late July has led to increased calls for Gov. Tate Reeves to reverse his opposition to a statewide mask mandate and take aggressive action to stem the viral tide.
https://www.mississippifreepress.org/14 ... FyPyySg1RQ
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

I was on a zoom art class this afternoon. The instructor has a "punch card" system. She schedules an afternoon and an evening class most weeks and you can take as long as you want to use up your punch card.

One of the other people in the class reported that her son is already in quarantine from school, since he was exposed to another student who tested positive. She seemed fairly matter of fact about it: she picked up a device so he could work at home. No symptoms: I don't know whether he has been tested.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

The number of morons showing up at school board meetings spouting all sorts of stupidity (CDC is getting ready to make concentration camps for the unvaccinated, etc) in public is mind boggling.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:26 pm The number of morons showing up at school board meetings spouting all sorts of stupidity (CDC is getting ready to make concentration camps for the unvaccinated, etc) in public is mind boggling.
We have the dumbest population of any industrialized nation on the planet....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:29 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:26 pm The number of morons showing up at school board meetings spouting all sorts of stupidity (CDC is getting ready to make concentration camps for the unvaccinated, etc) in public is mind boggling.
We have the dumbest population of any industrialized nation on the planet....
Of course, this one is from that fount of stability, South Carolina:

https://www.cynical-c.com/2021/08/25/wo ... ion-camps/

I know there's non-stupid people in South Carolina. They're fairly quiet, though.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Pffff. They're FEMA camps!

Silly maskholes.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Mask mandates passed the Supreme Court over a century ago.

YouTube/Facebook/Twitter, etc are completely failing at scrubbing the stupidity off their platforms.

The lying needs to be dealt with, with extreme prejudice. Violently if required.

Wake County North Carolina is down to 18 ICU beds available out of 319. And we're in the middle of 3 major universities and a huge hi-tech work force.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-27/ ... /100410132

Debunking the myths surrounding the mass vaccination of NSW students
RMIT ABC Fact Check

CoronaCheck #80
This week, we investigate claims spreading worldwide that Sydney students died after receiving Pfizer vaccines at a mass vaccination hub.

We also look at flyers full of misinformation that are turning up in letterboxes around the country, check out a slick video promoting misleading stories of adverse vaccine effects and scrutinise US President Joe Biden's claims regarding the situation in Afghanistan.

Mass vaccination of NSW students sees misinformation go global
As NSW continues to notch record numbers of COVID-19 cases, young people in designated "hot spots" have been prioritised for vaccination, with more than 20,000 year 12 students from Sydney's west being inoculated at the Qudos Bank Arena.

The push to vaccinate students has coincided with a barrage of misinformation online.

In one glaring example, the death of a year 12 Chatswood student was this week seized upon by anti-vaccine activists who shared a letter from the school's principal announcing the death, alongside claims the student had received the Pfizer vaccine.

"So many teenage boys are being diagnosed with myocarditis after being jabbed, and tragically [the student] has had his life taken away," one Facebook post read.

On messaging app Telegram, some users suggested a "suppression order" was in place "so that [the student's] recent Pfizer jab cannot be mentioned in the school's letter, nor in the media".

According to the school principal, however, the student "was not vaccinated", nor was he eligible for vaccination.

"St Pius X College is not located in one of the Sydney metropolitan [local government authorities] of concern and there has not been any vaccination program offered to our year 12 students by the NSW government at this point," John Couani said in a Facebook post on Tuesday.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

LM K wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:54 pm

Silly maskholes.
Consider all those tunnels and dungeons under Walmart :lol:
LM K

Post by LM K »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:50 pm

Silly maskholes.
:rotflmao:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

LM K wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:51 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:50 pm

Silly maskholes.
:rotflmao:
Thru the grapevine: Walmart has now the largest compliance of masked shoppers, all others get disappeared ;)
Dave from down under

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-27/ ... /100393160

Children aged between 12 and 15 are being added to Australia's vaccine rollout.

The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) has provided advice to government that states the Pfizer vaccine is safe and effective for that age group.

In a statement, ATAGI said it recommended 12- to 15-year olds should be added to Australia's COVID-19 vaccination program over time.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

My grandson, 14, got his second shot yesterday with no adverse effects.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:41 pm My grandson, 14, got his second shot yesterday with no adverse effects.
:thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dave from down under

:thumbsup:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”