Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus: Vaccines

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Coronavirus: Vaccines

Post by Volkonski »

Just 12 People Are Behind Most Vaccine Hoaxes On Social Media, Research Shows

Researchers have found just 12 people are responsible for the bulk of the misleading claims and outright lies about COVID-19 vaccines that proliferate on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

"The 'Disinformation Dozen' produce 65% of the shares of anti-vaccine misinformation on social media platforms," said Imran Ahmed, chief executive officer of the Center for Countering Digital Hate, which identified the accounts.

Now the vaccine rollout is reaching a critical stage in which most adults who want the vaccine have gotten it, but many others are holding out, these 12 influential social media users stand to have an outsize impact on the outcome.

After this story published on Thursday, Facebook said it had taken down more of the accounts run by these 12 individuals.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

vaccvoters.jpg
vaccvoters.jpg (111.3 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
Dunno how accurate this is, saw on facebook.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

My nephew (12/Iowa) -- jab#1
e2b0e58513aadb079374fbb2ef5172e29ab3b35f-1.jpg
e2b0e58513aadb079374fbb2ef5172e29ab3b35f-1.jpg (98.19 KiB) Viewed 3522 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Yeah, look the other way. It doesn't hurt nearly as much when you do. :)
Il factotum
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Actually it makes sense, because if you are watching it you could automatically tense up, making the skin tight so its harder to get in. So its always a good idea not to look even if you have no problem with it.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

For those of us who get stuck with needles WAY TOO OFTEN the vaccine needle was very thin and didn't hurt a bit. Compared to the needle they use to draw blood, which is really just the ink cartridge from the inside of a ballpoint pen, recycled.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... rvey-finds
Covid-19 vaccines tend to alleviate the symptoms of long Covid, according to a large survey of more than 800 people that suggests mRNA vaccines, in particular, are beneficial.

Though Covid-19 was initially understood to be a largely respiratory illness from which most would recover within a few weeks, as the pandemic wore on increasing numbers of people reported experiencing symptoms for months on end. There is no consensus definition of the condition of these people who have symptoms ranging from chronic fatigue to organ damage, let alone a standardised treatment plan.

As vaccines hit the mainstream, concerns arose that vaccination could precipitate relapses or a worsening of symptoms. But conversely, anecdotal reports suggested that vaccines helped some people with long Covid.

The analysis, which is yet to be peer reviewed, was based on a survey conducted by the advocacy group LongCovidSOS involving 812 people (mostly white, female participants) with long Covid in the UK and internationally, who were contacted via social media. The participants (a small proportion of whom also said they had ME/CFS) were asked to wait at least a week after their first dose to avoid their responses conflating with side-effects of the vaccine.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:45 am For those of us who get stuck with needles WAY TOO OFTEN the vaccine needle was very thin and didn't hurt a bit. Compared to the needle they use to draw blood, which is really just the ink cartridge from the inside of a ballpoint pen, recycled.
The one they use to draw blood for tests isn't bad. Its bigger than that one for Covid or the one I use to inject insulin, but its not too bad.

Now, the needle they use when you donate blood! That's another story. I swear that they use a hollowed out railroad spike.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I got vaccinated while getting dialysis, so the wee tiny vaccine needle went in my right arm while two 15ga dialysis needles were in my left arm.

15ga dialysis needle shown for reference.
Estiveoshot_20210518_075217.jpg

Wanna see my track marks?
Image Image Image Image
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Estiveo wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:58 am I got vaccinated while getting dialysis, so the wee tiny vaccine needle went in my right arm while two 15ga dialysis needles were in my left arm.

15ga dialysis needle shown for reference.
Estiveoshot_20210518_075217.jpg

Wanna see my track marks?
OMG. I make jewelry and work with wire sometimes. 15ga is pretty big around. Ouchie. I work for a company that has dialysis clinics and have been to visit for caroling at Christmas time. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... -response/
Maria Hoffman feels as though she has been left behind. Her adopted hometown of Charleston, S.C., is hopping — with restaurants and bars fully open, park concerts in full swing and maskless friends reuniting with hugs on streets.

Hoffman, 39, is fully vaccinated and eager to rejoin the world. But as a kidney transplant patient, she is hesitant to participate for fear of becoming infected. “Risk is very different for people in my situation,” she said. “I am 100 percent acting like I am not immunized.”

The state worker is among millions of immunocompromised Americans, about 3 to 4 percent of the U.S. population, for whom the shots may not work fully, or at all, and who are unsure of their place in a country that is increasingly opening up. Emerging research shows that 15 to 80 percent of those with certain conditions, such as specific blood cancers or who have had organ transplants, are generating few antibodies.

Federal health officials’ decision last week to rescind almost all masking and distancing recommendations for those who are fully vaccinated only added to the sense of fear, isolation and confusion for those with immune issues. On Twitter and other social media platforms, many such patients expressed frustration that the change might leave them with less — not more — freedom as their risk of infection grows as more of their neighbors and co-workers ditch their masks.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Estiveo- You can always say, "I got a big pr*ck." :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

:shock:
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:mrgreen:
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

WASHINGTON — Angry U.S. House Democrats on Wednesday had one key question as they grilled executives of a Maryland biotech manufacturer forced to dump 15 million doses of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine: Has there been one usable vaccine dose produced as a result of the $271 million paid to date by the U.S. government?

The answer is no, Emergent BioSolutions chief executive officer Robert Kramer acknowledged when pressed during a hearing of the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis.

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2021/05/ ... aNofkLoBvE
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:21 am WASHINGTON — Angry U.S. House Democrats on Wednesday had one key question as they grilled executives of a Maryland biotech manufacturer forced to dump 15 million doses of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine: Has there been one usable vaccine dose produced as a result of the $271 million paid to date by the U.S. government?

The answer is no, Emergent BioSolutions chief executive officer Robert Kramer acknowledged when pressed during a hearing of the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis.

Maybe Johnson & Johnson should just stick with making baby shampoo? That's some good stuff!
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

neonzx wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:42 am
Patagoniagirl wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:21 am WASHINGTON — Angry U.S. House Democrats on Wednesday had one key question as they grilled executives of a Maryland biotech manufacturer forced to dump 15 million doses of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine: Has there been one usable vaccine dose produced as a result of the $271 million paid to date by the U.S. government?

Maybe Johnson & Johnson should just stick with making baby shampoo? That's some good stuff!
Read the article. Sounds like more former guy administration corruption at play in awarding of contracts through pay and play.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Lani

Post by Lani »

The media talks about the vaccination gap in terms of political party and race. There's a new survey that indicates a huge class gap in vaccination behavior, with the working class least likely to receive a vaccine.
The vaccine class gap.png
The vaccine class gap.png (51.67 KiB) Viewed 3114 times
The vaccine class gap - 2.png
The vaccine class gap - 2.png (82.37 KiB) Viewed 3114 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... rial-finds

Mass vaccination of children against Covid-19 moved a step closer as Moderna became the second manufacturer to announce successful trial results, showing its vaccine can stop transmission in people aged 12 to 18.

Pfizer/BioNTech’s vaccine has already been given emergency approval for adolescents aged 12 to 15 in the US by the regulator, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), after its trials were said to show better efficacy even than in participants aged 16 to 25. It has begun a trial in young children, from six months to 11 years old.

The results from both companies suggest that mass immunisation of schoolchildren could be on the cards this year, beginning in the US, which could in theory end the anxieties of parents, pupils and teachers and allow schools to function more normally. Pfizer applied for emergency use authorisation for 12- to 15-year-olds in Europe at the end of April.
Lani

Post by Lani »

From my morning John Hopkins email:
C.D.C. Will Not Investigate Mild Infections in Vaccinated Americans (The New York Times):

At least 10,000 vaccinated people were infected with the coronavirus through the end of April. Now the agency has stopped pursuing the mildest cases. Amesh Adalja says as long as the disease is not causing people to require hospitalization, “there’s marginal value to tracking it,” adding, “It doesn’t have the ability to crush the hospital system anymore.”
So, yeah, wearing masks in public is still a good idea until far more people are vaccinated.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Pennsylvania now has 70 percent of people with at least one shot, so we should be at 70 percent vaccinated in a few weeks. I think I heard we are the tenth state to reach it. The mask mandate comes off when we reach 70 percent vaccination rate.

Mixed feelings on that last sentence. :dance: or :cantlook:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Lani wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:25 pm From my morning John Hopkins email:
C.D.C. Will Not Investigate Mild Infections in Vaccinated Americans (The New York Times):

At least 10,000 vaccinated people were infected with the coronavirus through the end of April. Now the agency has stopped pursuing the mildest cases. Amesh Adalja says as long as the disease is not causing people to require hospitalization, “there’s marginal value to tracking it,” adding, “It doesn’t have the ability to crush the hospital system anymore.”
So, yeah, wearing masks in public is still a good idea until far more people are vaccinated.
I see people wearing masks in public when they are outdoors far and away from anyone.That's okay. I still keep a mask in my back pocket even though I'm 1/2 vaxed.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... o-mayorkas
The Biden administration is taking “a very close look” at the possibility of vaccine passports for travel into and out of the United States, the homeland security secretary, Alejandro Mayorkas, said on Friday.

The Transportation Security Administration, which safeguards the nation’s transportation systems, is housed under Mayorkas’s department.

Like so many other public health measures meant to mitigate Covid-19’s spread, vaccine passports have drawn support and ire.

Some welcome the fast pass to normalcy, sick of extended quarantines and tedious testing requirements. Others harbor unsubstantiated concerns that the certificates could chip away at their privacy. Still others worry about vaccine inequality, with the life-saving shots going disproportionately to residents of the world’s wealthiest nations.

Mayorkas told ABC that one of his guiding principles throughout the pandemic has been “the value of diversity, equity and inclusion and making sure that any passport that we provide for vaccinations is accessible to all and that no one is disenfranchised”.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Blood-clot vicar: 'I would have the vaccine again'”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57260463

"In speaking about love for one's neighbour, it seems to me that's a really important aspect of getting the vaccination, because we're not only looking out for ourselves and our own protection, but we're also looking at protecting others."

Includes a “simple” explanation of the blood clotting issue.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”