Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by Frater I*I »

LM K wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:12 pm :snippity:

I have a very unusual name. I'm the only one in the US with my name, and those few with my name in Europe spell their name slightly differently. I'm way too easy to find.

:snippity:
I know how that is, it's not like you could just fade into the background like say if you name was Jane Smith :batting:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I believe you, Frater. I mean how many Invictuses can there possibly be in your average phone book? :mrgreen:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

GOP lawmaker who refused to follow mask mandate while flying says she can’t get to the Alaskan capital
An Alaska lawmaker who is banned from flying on the state’s leading airline for refusing to wear a mask was excused from attending floor votes for the rest of the year after telling legislative leaders she has no way to fly to and from the state capital.
State Sen. Lora Reinbold, a Republican representing an Anchorage suburb, said this week that Alaska Airlines offered the only flights between her district and Juneau from now through the end of the year. The airline banned her indefinitely in the spring after she clashed with staffers over the airline mask mandate issued by federal transportation officials.
Delta Air Lines is the only other commercial carrier that flies between the two cities, and its service stops Saturday.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... k-airline/
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Better buy a boat lady :twisted:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

LM K wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:12 pm I have a very unusual name. I'm the only one in the US with my name, and those few with my name in Europe spell their name slightly differently. I'm way too easy to find.
I am the only one in the world with my first and last. There are very few with my last in the states and not many more in Europe.

That's why I have been using a pseudonym on the internet for decades. Came in handy when the birthers were trying to Dox us.

I only just recently put my real name out there because I had to to supplement my Social Security and it is only on Etsy and 1 very unrevealing FB page.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Twitter thread on why people started swallowing Horse dewormer of all things

The short answer is that It finally seeped into their skulls that Hydrocloroquine didn't do anything against Covid, so they started looking for alternatives. The Anti-Vacc gurus were tight there with an alternative to the thing they had told them worked before but which didn't work - Ivermectin!!! This will work! Trust us.

Doctors wouldn't prescribe Human dewormer as an ongoing preventative against a viral infection, but Antivaxx gurus pointed them to online sellers because they owned those very same online sellers. But even they wouldn't or more likely couldn't give them the human version fast enough. So the antivacc crowd, in increasing desperation, decided Horse Dewormer was the same stuff and laid siege to veterinarian supply shops.

Because they are worried they don't know whats in a vaccine, but chugging a horse dewomer is totally safe. Nothing tells us that you are not sheep like taking livestock medication

Anyway you can read the thread here

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1431 ... 10242.html
Hic sunt dracones
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

To be fair, the gurus had a *scientific paper" at hand claiming success against whatever. Until the preview disappeared cause science was more than questionable. Of course the powers to be did not want we-the-sheeple to know the wonders of the quacks...
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

Suranis wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:36 pm Nothing tells us that you are not sheep like taking livestock medication
:lol:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:lol:
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:33 pm I believe you, Frater. I mean how many Invictuses can there possibly be in your average phone book? :mrgreen:
Even though it should be Insanctus, it still didn't keep me from :rotflmao: when I saw your comment :lol:

Edit: Well in my hubris to be witty I failed to realize that "Insanctus" would be the middle name and the correct sir name would be "Insactorum" :bag:

So...I'll come in again...

Then see my self out...

Trent Reznor
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:40 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:33 pm I believe you, Frater. I mean how many Invictuses can there possibly be in your average phone book? :mrgreen:
Even though it should be Insanctus, it still didn't keep me from :rotflmao: when I saw your comment :lol:
Surprisingly, there are very few Invictuses in the phone book, given how often Henley's poem has been quoted (final stanza: "It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.") by a veritable smorgasbord of speakers (from Captain Renault in Casablanca, to President Obama at Nelson Mandela's funeral).
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

NY Hospital Won't Deliver Babies After Unvaccinated Staff Quit
Six maternity staff members resigned from Lewis County General Hospital during the past week, worsening an existing staff shortage

An upstate New York hospital will stop delivering babies later this month, in part because of employee resignations over a requirement they be vaccinated against COVID-19.

Six maternity staff members resigned from Lewis County General Hospital during the past week, worsening an existing staff shortage, the Watertown Daily Times reported. The department has seven other unvaccinated employees who also could decide to leave, hospital officials said.

“The number of resignations received leaves us no choice but to pause delivering babies at Lewis County General Hospital,” Chief Executive Gerald Cayer said at a news conference Friday. “It is my hope that the (state) Department of Health will work with us in pausing the service rather than closing the maternity department.”

Services also may have to be curtailed in five other departments if staff members resign rather than be vaccinated by the state's Sept. 27 deadline for health care workers, authorities said.
:snippity:
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronav ... t/3267240/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Lani

Post by Lani »

Sad state of affairs in the US.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Fortunately, the number of employees refusing vaccination or testing is small. Noisy, but small.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Published Sept 9.

Linky

Joint Statement from the American Board of Family Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine, and American Board of Pediatrics on Dissemination of Misinformation by Board-Certified Physicians About COVID-19

The Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB), which supports its member state medical licensing boards, has recently issued a statement saying that providing misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine contradicts physicians’ ethical and professional responsibilities, and therefore may subject a physician to disciplinary actions, including suspension or revocation of their medical license. We at the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), and the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) support FSMB’s position. We also want all physicians certified by our Boards to know that such unethical or unprofessional conduct may prompt their respective Board to take action that could put their certification at risk.

Expertise matters, and board-certified physicians have demonstrated that they have stayed current in their field. Spreading misinformation or falsehoods to the public during a time of a public health emergency goes against everything our Boards and our community of board-certified physicians stand for. The evidence that we have safe, effective, and widely available vaccines against COVID-19 is overwhelming. We are particularly concerned about physicians who use their authority to denigrate vaccination at a time when vaccines continue to demonstrate excellent effectiveness against severe illness, hospitalization, and death.

We all look to board-certified physicians to provide outstanding care and guidance; providing misinformation about a lethal disease is unethical, unprofessional, and dangerous. In times of medical emergency, the community of expert physicians committed to science and evidence collectively shares a responsibility for giving the public the most accurate and timely health information available, so they can make decisions that work best for themselves and their families.

Warren Newton, MD, MPH
President and CEO
American Board of Family Medicine

Richard J. Baron, MD
President and CEO
American Board of Internal Medicine

David G. Nichols, MD, MBA
President and CEO
American Board of Pediatrics
:thumbsup:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Where do these ridiculous vaccine refuseniks who claim to be RNs think they’ll be hired when they quit? I know hospitals are desperate, but not that desperate, right? If they promise to be vaccinated in the future they’re lying. If pushed, they’ll quit…again.

Half the country seems to have developed adult-onset ODD* over the last several years. I blame the Toddler in Chief.

* Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Some reading if interested. Sprout’s psychotic classmate was diagnosed at 4. He’s done things like push a kid on crutches down a flight of stairs at school, shoot a BB from an inch away into a kid’s neck, and whip a girl with a funky eraser that looked like a Twizzler, until she bled. In the classroom. Not just defiant, dangerous. Like the Twilight Zone episode…you can’t tell him what to do, you can’t tell him what not to do or you’ll find yourself in the cornfield.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20375831

A relevant bit:
Argumentative and defiant behavior:

Often argues with adults or people in authority
Often actively defies or refuses to comply with adults' requests or rules
Often deliberately annoys or upsets people
Often blames others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior
Lani

Post by Lani »

I posted the link elsewhere about ODD and vaccination. With early intervention, the kids can be socialized, educated, and hold a job. But it's really hard. The family has to devote the needed time and strict training to help the child. I worked so hard to get help for a young student, but the parents (nasty divorce) had their own (herbal/homeopathic alternative) treatments. The child was sentenced to 5 years in prison not long after graduating high school.

I need to dig up the research I mentioned elsewhere on the forum. People with ODD can have a decent life and successful career with appropriate treatment. They tend to became first responders or are employed in other dangerous professions. That cheered me because there is a place in society for them. But professionals and family must intervene. Hard to do in our society. Parents have to work, psychiatry is expensive, and schools won't provide a trained aide.

People with ODD also suck at getting vaccinated....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

In Mississippi, doctors who spread misinformation about COVID could lose their license

JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Strong words from the board charged with holding doctors accountable in Mississippi: if you put out misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine, your license could be in jeopardy.

The move by the Mississippi State Board of Medical Licensure comes as misinformation regarding the virus and vaccine aren’t just spreading on social media, but also in some doctors’ offices across the country.

“I’ve seen many comments about Dr. Dobbs and some about me, saying that we’re just motivated by greed and money and power,” said Dr. Mark Horne, who served as past president of the state’s medical association.

Horne isn’t immune to the misinformation perpetuated in recent months regarding COVID-19, but he has a real problem when those opinions come from folks with lab coats and medical licenses.

“It’s offensive to me to look at the last month and know that over 1,000 Mississippians died in August, from COVID-19 related complications, and that the vast majority of those people did not need to die,” Horne said. “I find that it’s just deeply painful.”

Four days ago, MSBML published a policy on misinformation, telling physicians across the state that if they generate and spread vaccine misinformation, they’re risking disciplinary action which could include suspending or revoking their license to practice medicine.

The board’s policy states doctors licensed in Mississippi have an ethical obligation to ensure the medical information they provide is accurate and whether physicians recognize it or not, they possess a high degree of public trust because of their training and expertise, which gives them a powerful platform.

“The job of the Board of Medical Licensure is to act to protect the people of Mississippi, and so in doing that, if they find that I am doing things that are harmful to the people of Mississippi and injuring them, then they have the the duty to discipline me,” Horne said. “And that can include taking my license.”

That doesn’t mean, however, that doctors who prescribe alternative treatments -- like ivermectin -- could be at risk for the same disciplinary action, Horne said.

Off-label prescribing is legal in Mississippi.

“Providers who say ‘I want to provide some ivermectin, and I’m going to refer my patient for monoclonal antibody therapy,’ if indicated, you know, if that’s what the patient wants and the provider wants, that’s not the problem,” Horne said. “Now, I think if it was if a provider or physician [who] said, ‘I want you to go to the feed store, and get ivermectin they’ve got for horses,’ that would be a real problem.”

The state’s medical board can only investigate once a complaint is filed.

If you know a doctor who’s spreading misinformation, you can file a complaint with the agency by calling 601-987-3079.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:22 pm There’s a really easy alternative…
https*://twitter.com/davcarrrn/status/1436719667276443651?s=21
Not only will she not vaccinate, she doesn’t want to be tested either. :brickwallsmall:
Ahhh. Where's my tiny violin? Oh, here it is ... :violin:

#adolfwept
MisterC

Post by MisterC »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:44 am
In Mississippi, doctors who spread misinformation about COVID could lose their license

:snippity: :snippity: :snippity:
As Orac over at Respectful Insolence likes to remind us, state medical boards tends to be rather toothless when push comes to shove. There have been plenty of quack MD's over the years, and few if any saw any action taken against them. MD's like Stanislaw Burzynski down in Texas who has been promoting cancer quackery since the 1970's with little to no action from the Texas Medical Board.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

northland10 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:26 pm Here's the thing with running to companies to fire somebody for something that happened outside of their role (nor was their employer even mentioned). :snippity:
I agree with the sentiment. I do not like the immediate doxing that occurs. The interwebs has brought out the horrible mob "burn the witch" mentality that has always been present, amplified it to eleven, and broken the knob off. That Genie is out of the bottle.

Conversely, I used to think it was the anonymity offered in postings that brought out the worst in people. But there have been so many horrible posts from people using their real names, I'm now convinced it's plain old fashioned narcissism at play. They've seen the notoriety that public figures have gotten, and they want in. They want the spectacle. The Internet keyboard warriors are happy to oblige.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:01 am
northland10 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:26 pm Here's the thing with running to companies to fire somebody for something that happened outside of their role (nor was their employer even mentioned). :snippity:
I agree with the sentiment. I do not like the immediate doxing that occurs. The interwebs has brought out the horrible mob "burn the witch" mentality that has always been present, amplified it to eleven, and broken the knob off. That Genie is out of the bottle.
In the case of the cougher, a different woman was misidentified and promptly harassed.

https://www.newsweek.com/maskless-cough ... od-1627787
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:05 am
bill_g wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:01 am
In the case of the cougher, a different woman was misidentified and promptly harassed.

https://www.newsweek.com/maskless-cough ... od-1627787
That is a good example from recent history. It's witch burning mixed with the narcissist "I'm gonna be the first to reveal". It's a terrible horse race with no winners.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

From that Newsweek article:
One of the people who correctly identified Hoskovec told Newsweek that he had found her online by searching Nebraska-based anti-mask groups on Facebook.

"I worked with what I had: the incident's location, her assumed age range, and her indignation towards COVID guidelines. To put this simply: Baby Boomer + Misinformation = Facebook," said the social media user, who wished to be named only as Danesh.

"I began searching different groups, events, and news stories in her general location (Lincoln, Nebraska) that related to COVID and started manually checking all interactions with these type of posts. For example, if it was a post about mask mandates, I would go through all 'angry reacts' and checked every account with a female name."

Danesh said he eventually found Hoskovec reacting with a heart emoji to a story about Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts opposing mask mandates, then verified her details with two others also working on identifying the woman in the video.

Discussing how Brod was wrongly identified, Danesh added: "Most people do not do their due diligence and so they shouldn't be doing this. Wrongfully accusing someone should be impossible if you have verified your findings."
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”