Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
scirreeve

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaccers, Etc.

Post by scirreeve »

Mark Herr and the stupid Center for Self Governance are also in Republic.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Thinning the herd. Unfortunately, it takes others with it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Ferry County WA only has about 7600 residents.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:25 pm Nearly 100 infected with COVID-19 at Republic super-spreader event
https://www.krem.com/article/news/inves ... ff33946e58
The event was set up to recruit new Eagle’s Club members the weekend of April 9-11. Some said it was advertised as a protest against COVID-19 restrictions. The club president said it was simply a dinner and poker night to attract new members.
Getting people sick with a potentially deadly virus is usually not the best recruiting method but might work in the MAGA world.
101010 :towel:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Andy, would it be possible please to include "COVIDIOTS" and "Anti-Vaxxers" in the topic title? Keep forgetting the title and always think of COVIDIOTS :lol:

Speaking of whom...

Miki COVID.JPG
Miki COVID.JPG (62.1 KiB) Viewed 3203 times

Not going to burn an account over it, but first thought to post was: Oh my gosh Miki, you COMPLIED by retyping exactly the response they wanted! What happened to LIBERTY and FREEDOM to text whatever you want???? :lol:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

From 1930-

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:55 pm Andy, would it be possible please to include "COVIDIOTS" and "Anti-Vaxxers" in the topic title? Keep forgetting the title and always think of COVIDIOTS :lol:

Speaking of whom...

Miki COVID.JPG

Not going to burn an account over it, but first thought to post was: Oh my gosh Miki, you COMPLIED by retyping exactly the response they wanted! What happened to LIBERTY and FREEDOM to text whatever you want???? :lol:
Can we compile a DB of who to stay the hell away from? I might be getting my vaccination, but I don't want to be around these freaks even when I'm fully vaccinated,,,
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The Mehdi Hasan Show
@MehdiHasanShow
How deadly is the anti-vax rhetoric from the right?
@BillNye
tells
@MehdiRHasan
“Everybody is saying ‘It’s not fair to make me wear a mask, it’s not fair to make me get vaccinated.’ Well, it’s not fair to everybody else if you become an incubator for a variant, doggone it!”
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Italian police arrest two anti-vaxxers for fire bombing of vaccination hub
The molotov cocktail attack failed to damage the vaccines stored in the facility.

https://www.politico.eu/article/italy-p ... b-brescia/
Paolo Pluda, 52, and Nicola Zanardelli, 51 were arrested overnight for suspected terrorism offences, according to the ANSA news agency.

The suspects are accused of an April 3 Molotov cocktail attack on a vaccination center in the northern city of Brescia that damaged one of the center’s two pavilions, the daily Corriere della Sera reported.

Vaccines held in cold storage at the site were saved because the fire did not spread to threaten the unit’s electrical supply.

The breakthrough in the investigation came with the discovery of images of alleged bomb preparation by the two individuals, the paper said.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

N.J. school nurse fails science, experts say, in comments about face masks.
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/05/ ... masks.html
She’s a school nurse who claims face masks are dangerous to kids and do nothing to stop the spread of COVID.

After refusing to wear a mask herself, Erin Pein said she was suspended from her job in the Stafford Township school district.

Now her supporters are planning a rally and her cause has become an issue in the upcoming Republican primary for Hirsh Singh, who arranged and posted a widely shared video interview with her and argues that no one should be forced to wear masks — calling it “a matter of personal freedom.”

But epidemiologists say such claims are little more than “inflammatory rhetoric” and at odds with the science that has repeatedly shown that face masks are highly effective in reducing the spread of the coronavirus. At the same time, they said as new variants of the virus develop, the wearing of masks has become more important than ever.

:snippity:

Pein, who did respond to calls or emails seeking comment, claimed in the video made by Singh’s campaign that masks did not prevent children from being exposed to COVID.

“The masks unfortunately don’t prevent them from getting COVID. Because the viruses are so small, it can’t be stopped with a mask,” she said. :snippity:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

I know a nuttier RN. She's a trumpista too, which explains it. These nurses who think they know more than a MD or PhD shouldn't be allowed to practice.
Il factotum
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

zekeb wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:00 pm I know a nuttier RN. She's a trumpista too, which explains it. These nurses who think they know more than a MD or PhD shouldn't be allowed to practice.
I'm not sure what counts as a nursing degree -- she says she got a bachelors (4 years). Is that all it takes?

She does raise some proper legit concerns. Yes, we (collectively) pick up on non-verbal cues more than words. You can't develop those skills if everyone is masked. That's why we are rushing to get these vaccines out. If I can't see your face, I can't trust you. And these kids, need to be kids. I'm not saying she's right, but she has a point.

When I talk to a young child, I remove my face mask.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:15 pm
zekeb wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:00 pm I know a nuttier RN. She's a trumpista too, which explains it. These nurses who think they know more than a MD or PhD shouldn't be allowed to practice.
I'm not sure what counts as a nursing degree -- she says she got a bachelors (4 years). Is that all it takes?

She does raise some proper legit concerns. Yes, we (collectively) pick up on non-verbal cues more than words. You can't develop those skills if everyone is masked. That's why we are rushing to get these vaccines out. If I can't see your face, I can't trust you. And these kids, need to be kids. I'm not saying she's right, but she has a point.

When I talk to a young child, I remove my face mask.
You need a minimum of an ASN (2 year associate degree) for an RN, and something like 1000 hours of clinical to be a school nurse. A BSN is 4 years, but you can go all the way to a doctorate in nursing. BSNs make up almost 60% of the nurses in the US (or they did a couple of years ago when my daughter was considering nursing school) but they are all RNs as long as they have passed their boards.

I'm sure you're trying to be polite with kids, but they aren't your kids, and you don't get to decide about a mask when around other people's kids. If the parents are masked or you are in a situation where masks would be worn by other adults, I would consider you to be incredibly out of line to intentionally take it off to speak to a child. No different to me than if a parent tells a child no about something and some rando wants to disregard that and tell the child it's ok.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:35 pm I'm sure you're trying to be polite with kids, but they aren't your kids, and you don't get to decide about a mask when around other people's kids. If the parents are masked or you are in a situation where masks would be worn by other adults, I would consider you to be incredibly out of line to intentionally take it off to speak to a child. No different to me than if a parent tells a child no about something and some rando wants to disregard that and tell the child it's ok.
I still keep a safe distance. But I want them to see my facial expressions.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

A clear face screen might help.

But...
Children are more adaptable and resilient than is often credited.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:59 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:35 pm I'm sure you're trying to be polite with kids, but they aren't your kids, and you don't get to decide about a mask when around other people's kids. If the parents are masked or you are in a situation where masks would be worn by other adults, I would consider you to be incredibly out of line to intentionally take it off to speak to a child. No different to me than if a parent tells a child no about something and some rando wants to disregard that and tell the child it's ok.
I still keep a safe distance. But I want them to see my facial expressions.
But that's the point. It's not about what you want. It's not your child.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dave from down under wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:07 pm A clear face screen might help.

But...
Yes, they were until they weren’t.
Dave from down under

pipistrelle wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:48 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:07 pm A clear face screen might help.

But...
I meant - that the lack of facial observation that results from wearing a mask is not as likely to cause harm as potential exposure to COVID etc.

If visual communication by facial features is a must, such as a distressed deaf child who cannot be otherwise comforted - then a face screen is better than nothing.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Dave from down under wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:10 pm

But...
I meant - that the lack of facial observation that results from wearing a mask is not as likely to cause harm as potential exposure to COVID etc.

If visual communication by facial features is a must, such as a distressed deaf child who cannot be otherwise comforted - then a face screen is better than nothing.
Exactly this.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

But...
Yes. I also see people treat kids like the slightest challenge or setback will break them.
Dave from down under

pipistrelle wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:26 pm

Yes. I also see people treat kids like the slightest challenge or setback will break them.
I can recall some of my own falls and setbacks as a child.
If a parent was about it was nice to get some sympathy, but if none about then there was always something else to do (that too might have resulted in falls etc ;) That I survived with so few scars (physical/emotional) seems to suggest I wasn’t made of glass..)
Dave from down under

For me..
It was the distress of adults that cause me more distress.

Sure I was bleeding all over the place... but it wasn’t till my mother was distressed that I started to be..
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I don't want to be in an argument. Um, Saturday,":Joe-Joe" was here with fam for a bar-b-que. I did a fist-bump with him. He's 8 or 9 years old ,, pre-adolescent . No mask on he or me. The elders tend to take precautions. I don't make decisions for the healthcare of children -- the parents were present.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Give'm hell, Zelda! :lovestruck:

Samuel Braslow
@SamBraslow
·
13h
BREAKING: County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl confronts anti-masker protesters at her home in Santa Monica. When one protester says that HIV doesn’t cause AIDS, Khuel takes a step forward and points a finger. “You are really crossing a line now. How many people did you lose to AIDS?”
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

“Show me the studies.” :roll:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”