Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by raison de arizona »

Who knew?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:52 am Who knew?
https://twitter.com/wolfiesmom/status/1 ... 08896?s=21
That's out of left field. I didn't know.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I knew. He has been an asshole for decades.
raison de arizona

scirreeve wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:31 am I knew. He has been an asshole for decades.
True dat, counting back from his "Keep Britain White" days in the 70s (for which he has expressed remorse.)
Eric Clapton refuses to play at venues requiring proof of vaccination for audience

Eric Clapton announced Wednesday that he won’t perform at venues that require proof of coronavirus vaccination for people to attend, becoming one of the first major artists to rebuke a safety precaution being used for the return of live music.

The musician, a vocal critic of the British government’s response to the pandemic, responded to Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s announcement this week that vaccine passports would be required to enter nightclubs and venues. Clapton said he was “honor-bound” to push back against the public health measures.

“I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present,”
Clapton said in a statement shared on the Telegram account of Robin Monotti, an Italian architect and fellow critic of the government’s response to covid-19. “Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.”

The message was shared along with a link to “Stand and Deliver,” his anti-lockdown collaboration with Van Morrison. The song, described by the Los Angeles Times as “extremely meh,” asks, “Do you want to be a free man / Or do you want to be a slave?”
:snippity:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-ent ... ine-shows/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:49 am
scirreeve wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:31 am I knew. He has been an asshole for decades.
True dat, counting back from his "Keep Britain White" days in the 70s (for which he has expressed remorse.)
Eric Clapton refuses to play at venues requiring proof of vaccination for audience

Eric Clapton announced Wednesday that he won’t perform at venues that require proof of coronavirus vaccination for people to attend, becoming one of the first major artists to rebuke a safety precaution being used for the return of live music.

The musician, a vocal critic of the British government’s response to the pandemic, responded to Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s announcement this week that vaccine passports would be required to enter nightclubs and venues. Clapton said he was “honor-bound” to push back against the public health measures.

“I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present,”
Clapton said in a statement shared on the Telegram account of Robin Monotti, an Italian architect and fellow critic of the government’s response to covid-19. “Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.”

The message was shared along with a link to “Stand and Deliver,” his anti-lockdown collaboration with Van Morrison. The song, described by the Los Angeles Times as “extremely meh,” asks, “Do you want to be a free man / Or do you want to be a slave?”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-ent ... ine-shows/
Yeah, just like Tucker Carlson is safely tucked away in his mansion surrounded by people who are vaccinated and safely distanced from his audience, Clapton is on the stage, safely distanced from the masses out in the audience. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if he and his band members are all vaccinated.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

"99 PROBLEMS BUT A VAX AIN'T ONE!"

Death by Covid, however, that's a problem. I can't help but feel like he asked for it, kinda loud and clear, though. RIP.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I've got no idea who Harmon is/was, so I looked at his tweets. While in the hospital, he tweeted that after he was released, he still wouldn't get the vax. Well, I guess he was right about that.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:09 pm "99 PROBLEMS BUT A VAX AIN'T ONE!"

Death by Covid, however, that's a problem. I can't help but feel like he asked for it, kinda loud and clear, though. RIP.
Natural selection...they many not believe in it, but it believes in them :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Lani wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:27 pm I've got no idea who Harmon is/was, so I looked at his tweets. While in the hospital, he tweeted that after he was released, he still wouldn't get the vax. Well, I guess he was right about that.
I really don't care if he decided to kill himself in this manner. No friends/family stepped in to help???
I feel no sorrow for him because he promoted reckless behavior to others in his personal circle and online.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Lani wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:27 pm I've got no idea who Harmon is/was, so I looked at his tweets. While in the hospital, he tweeted that after he was released, he still wouldn't get the vax. Well, I guess he was right about that.
In hospital with covid? Then he does not need a vaccine in the forseeable future (one year?) though a booster shot may be advisable for the delta variant.
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:46 pm
In hospital with covid? Then he does not need a vaccine in the forseeable future (one year?) though a booster shot may be advisable for the delta variant.
Well, that and the fact that he died. Of covid.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:52 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:46 pm
Well, that and the fact that he died. Of covid.
:bag: I obviously missed the detail that he no longer requires a booster shot :blackeye:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

In this case, sad.
A Black couple who refused to be vaccinated because of concerns about the federal government's infamous Tuskegee study have died from
COVID-19.

Martin Daniel, 53, and his wife, 49-year-old Trina Daniel, died just three hours apart on July 6, according to Atlanta's ABC affiliate. They had been married for 22 years.

Martin Daniel graduated from Tuskegee University in Alabama — which collaborated on the study — and "the government's syphilis experiments on Black men during the 1930s influenced his and his wife's decision not to get vaccinated," according to the station.

"Just tying these two events together and understanding the historical context of what's going on, it really wears on me sometimes," said Cornelius Daniel, Martin's nephew.

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

How the fuck long should those of us who are/were responsible enough to wear masks, socially distance and get vaccinated have to put up with these assholes who ignore medical science or just want their freedumb?!?

I have a cousin who told me today that vaccines don't work because, "look at all the new cases". May I rant on a bit?

Rabid trumpers. Spent their stimulus $ on two weapons (one AR-15) to compliment there prolific arsenal. Got PPP money for their business which is a sole propietorship, got unemployment and now getting child tax $ for a 16 and 17 old who dont even live at home. But, ya know, Biden is a pedo. I cant even hardly tolerate the hateful stupidity.

I dont think it will get better. My county is still at 34% vaccinated rate. The Ice Cream Socials and fests are in full swing. Fish Fry Dinners inside, unmasked at nearly every church or Animal Society function.

Another lock out at my moms facility because two workers and one resident tested positive for Covid. Only half of the employees there got vaccinated. These are the fuckers bring this shit into the facility!

None of this bodes well for where I live, nor for the country. Meanwhile, people in others countries are desperate for the vaccine.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:34 pm How the fuck long should those of us who are/were responsible enough to wear masks, socially distance and get vaccinated have to put up with these assholes who ignore medical science or just want their freedumb?!?

I have a cousin who told me today that vaccines don't work because, "look at all the new cases". May I rant on a bit?

Rabid trumpers. Spent their stimulus $ on two weapons (one AR-15) to compliment there prolific arsenal. Got PPP money for their business which is a sole propietorship, got unemployment and now getting child tax $ for a 16 and 17 old who dont even live at home. But, ya know, Biden is a pedo. I cant even hardly tolerate the hateful stupidity.

I dont think it will get better. My county is still at 34% vaccinated rate. The Ice Cream Socials and fests are in full swing. Fish Fry Dinners inside, unmasked at nearly every church or Animal Society function.

Another lock out at my moms facility because two workers and one resident tested positive for Covid. Only half of the employees there got vaccinated. These are the fuckers bring this shit into the facility!

None of this bodes well for where I live, nor for the country. Meanwhile, people in others countries are desperate for the vaccine.
Well said.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:13 pm In this case, sad.
A Black couple who refused to be vaccinated because of concerns about the federal government's infamous Tuskegee study have died from
COVID-19.

Martin Daniel, 53, and his wife, 49-year-old Trina Daniel, died just three hours apart on July 6, according to Atlanta's ABC affiliate. They had been married for 22 years.

Martin Daniel graduated from Tuskegee University in Alabama — which collaborated on the study — and "the government's syphilis experiments on Black men during the 1930s influenced his and his wife's decision not to get vaccinated," according to the station.

"Just tying these two events together and understanding the historical context of what's going on, it really wears on me sometimes," said Cornelius Daniel, Martin's nephew.
Of all populations that are vaccine hesitant, I am most sympathetic with Black folks worried about gov involvement with covid vaccines.

Black ministers and healthcare professionals are working hard to help Black folks overcome vaccine hesitancy. This hard work is paying off. It's sad that such efforts are necessary.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Note: the following is in response to PG and Andy's posts.

:yeahthat:

It galls me day in and day out that these stupid, selfish pricks are an anchor around the necks of those aware that humans are social creatures.

I feel nothing when I hear that another idiot who bleated about the horrible Dems and their evil vaccine has died.

I get angry when some asshole politician boasts about how mandates are slavery and vaccines are Nazi tactics--as if the only reason they are alive is because MOST people have worn masks and gotten the vaccine.

We keep them alive for much longer than they deserve.

And since they are alive they can keep on with their stranglehold on the country, making sure that civil rights, the environment, gun safety, and basic health insurance never see the light of day.

I am so ready to secede.
Lani

Post by Lani »

LM K wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:42 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:13 pm In this case, sad.
Of all populations that are vaccine hesitant, I am most sympathetic with Black folks worried about gov involvement with covid vaccines.

Black ministers and healthcare professionals are working hard to help Black folks overcome vaccine hesitancy. This hard work is paying off. It's sad that such efforts are necessary.
A close friend told me his family rose out of poverty as the women became RNs. Mother, aunts, sister, nieces. 3 generations now. Two of them were infected with covid at the hospitals where they worked. Friend also is married to a nurse, so I assumed he was vaccinated. Nope. When I asked why, all he said was "Tuskegee" and changed the topic.

We often chat, so a few days later he told me that his wife didn't understand his fear because she didn't grow up the US. He finally told her about Tuskegee. She stopped pressuring him and gave him the space he needed to sort it out. She was right.

Not long after that, he called to proudly announce that he had his first vaccination and talked about the deep fear and mistrust he had to overcome. I cried when we hung up. He's highly educated, has worked in other countries, very successful, retired early. But deep in his soul Tuskegee (and related horrors) still haunted him.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ovid-cases
The Republican governor of Alabama has said it is “time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks” for rising cases of Covid-19, amid concern that months of misinformation over the need and efficacy of vaccines is fueling a resurgence of coronavirus infections in several states.

Kay Ivey said that vaccines are “the greatest weapon we have to fight Covid” and added that a surge in new cases of the coronavirus in Alabama is due to a reluctance among many people in the state to get inoculated.

Only about a third of eligible people in Alabama have got a vaccine shot, one of the lowest rates in the US.

“Folks are supposed to have common sense,” said the Alabama governor. “But it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the vaccinated folks. It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down.”

Ivey added that nearly all the new hospitalizations and deaths due to Covid are unvaccinated people. “These folks are choosing a horrible lifestyle of self-inflicted pain,” she said.

The criticism of those who are eligible to be vaccinated and have chosen not to get the shot despite vaccines being available follows a concerted effort among conspiracy theorists and others on social media and conservative media outlets such as Fox News to sow baseless doubt over the safety or need for vaccinations despite a slew of evidence over their ability to shield people from the worst effects of the virus, including death.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Lani wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:09 am
A close friend told me his family rose out of poverty as the women became RNs. Mother, aunts, sister, nieces. 3 generations now. Two of them were infected with covid at the hospitals where they worked. Friend also is married to a nurse, so I assumed he was vaccinated. Nope. When I asked why, all he said was "Tuskegee" and changed the topic.

We often chat, so a few days later he told me that his wife didn't understand his fear because she didn't grow up the US. He finally told her about Tuskegee. She stopped pressuring him and gave him the space he needed to sort it out. She was right.

Not long after that, he called to proudly announce that he had his first vaccination and talked about the deep fear and mistrust he had to overcome. I cried when we hung up. He's highly educated, has worked in other countries, very successful, retired early. But deep in his soul Tuskegee (and related horrors) still haunted him.
:bighug:

This is excellent. Thank you for sharing, Lani.

For those hesitate for historical reasons, patience has been the best approach for change.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Lani wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:09 am A close friend told me his family rose out of poverty as the women became RNs. Mother, aunts, sister, nieces. 3 generations now. Two of them were infected with covid at the hospitals where they worked. Friend also is married to a nurse, so I assumed he was vaccinated. Nope. When I asked why, all he said was "Tuskegee" and changed the topic.

I'm happy for your friend. :bighug:

I had to google -- is this what he is speaking of:

Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study

I didn't know this. Now I know this.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Neonzx, I also did not learn this in school. But I did learn about it through either an old PBS program, maybe Frontline? Same goes with not learning about Reconstruction except a few.lines about how generous we northern whites were. Nothing about the Tulsa massacre, Rosewood, and only a tinge of info on Jim Crow.
filly

Post by filly »

So the government lied to black folks at Tuskegee over 40 years and people died as a result. As shameful chapter in American history. But now the government is offering life saving vaccines, and because the government failed to treat black folks in the Tuskegee experiment, people will die.

There seems a logical disconnect with these folks. Whatever the cause is, not getting vaccinated will lead to unnecessary deaths. People may be educated but that doesn't necessarily make them logical thinkers.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”