Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by Maybenaut »

I think I said it wrong. He wasn’t vaxxed because the nurse told tim to wait. And then he got covid.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:34 pm I think I said it wrong. He wasn’t vaxxed because the nurse told tim to wait. And then he got covid.
Yeah, I thought of that later. Wait for what?

It seems many nurses and some doctors are negative influencers. Don’t get it.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

There are church musicians who are assholes who just don't get it (in terms of an actual ministry). At least in my vocation, people don't die if we get it wrong, usually.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:14 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:34 pm I think I said it wrong. He wasn’t vaxxed because the nurse told tim to wait. And then he got covid.
Yeah, I thought of that later. Wait for what?

It seems many nurses and some doctors are negative influencers. Don’t get it.
I dunno and I didn't see it in NYC, but I see an awful lot of it in AZ. It pisses me off because it gives them an "out" when I try to argue anything pro-vax- "well my doctor and the nurses in the office haven't got it and say to wait, so..."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

People who actively seek fact-checked information often still share misinformation, study finds

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-15/ ... /100460466

More than 30 per cent of people who actively seek fact-checked information have shared misinformation themselves, a new study suggests.

Key points:
A new study suggests even those who are wise to misinformation sometimes share it
24.3 per cent of subscribers to fact-checking newsletter CoronaCheck said they had shared misinformation
The largest number of respondents said they did so to verify the accuracy of the claim, which one expert described as "problematic"
Undertaken by researchers from RMIT FactLab, a research partner of RMIT ABC Fact Check, the study found that subscribers to a fact-checking email newsletter remained susceptible to sharing possible misinformation, despite rating themselves as highly capable of differentiating misinformation from accurate information.

Lauren Saling, one of the authors of the study, which was published in the peer-reviewed journal PLOS ONE, said the results were surprising.

"One would expect that people who are concerned about fake news and misinformation and actively seek fact-checked information would be unlikely to share information of which the veracity is unknown to them," Dr Saling, a lecturer in psychology at RMIT University, said.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I remember telling someone early in the pandemic that we all needed to wash our hands and wipe everything down but, thank goodness, it wasn't airborne

Found out later it was airborne, but when I said it, it was the CW. Does that count?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:46 pm I remember telling someone early in the pandemic that we all needed to wash our hands and wipe everything down but, thank goodness, it wasn't airborne

Found out later it was airborne, but when I said it, it was the CW. Does that count?
It was bizarre that airborne (sensu lato) transmission was played down early on; I remember being unconvinced (phew!). There was a reason for my worry.

Back in January 2020, as Wuhan went into lockdown and before the virus was identified as being on other continents, I watched a television news broadcast which included a video call to a European (Irish?) guy caught in the lockdown who was describing the situation. He showed the camera that he had eye protection (goggles) for going out because he had been informed that the virus can enter through the eyes (it can, any mucosa are susceptible).

So why did the world ignore what China knew? I don't know. Caution about transmission on surfaces is prudent, but other people's breath must always be the primary focus.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I deal with covididiots every goddamn day. I posted about one a few days ago.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

:bighug: Poor Lani!
Hidden Content
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/health/u ... index.html
CNN)A new analysis published Tuesday estimates that preventable costs for treating hospitalized, unvaccinated Covid-19 patients reached $5.7 billion over the last three months.

This most recent data takes into account the surge in hospitalizations seen in August, which study authors estimate accounted for $3.7 billion of preventable spending alone.

The data analysis from the Kaiser Family Foundation found, using data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, as well as studies on health care costs, that each preventable Covid-19 hospitalization costs about $20,000.

According to KFF's analysis of data from the US Department of Health and Human Services and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the US saw 287,000 preventable Covid-19 hospitalizations from June to August.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

From the accompanying story:
Enyart had a segment in his old TV program dedicated to mocking AIDs victims by reading their obituaries while playing Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust,” Westword reports.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

too bad-so sad

tell elrushbo and herman cain hello
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

One of my cat ladies (who claims her Doc told her not to get the vaccine because she is immunocompromised...) says an ER nurse at Adventist Hospital in Lodi told her all of the Covid patients in the ICU are vaccinated.

He also said to check the VAERS site for vaccine safety info.

My understanding is that it is the UNvaccinated who are filling up our ICUs.

She says: "My friend is the best and truly knows his stuff."

Did I hear wrong? Or am I not going to be talking to her much anymore...

From the VAERS FAQ:

What are the strengths and limitations of VAERS?
One of the main limitations of VAERS data is that it cannot determine if the vaccine caused the reported adverse event. This limitation has caused confusion in the publicly available data from VAERS WONDER, specifically regarding the number of reported deaths. There have been instances where people have misinterpreted reports of deaths following vaccination as deaths caused by the vaccines; that is not accurate. VAERS accepts all reports of adverse health events following vaccinations without judging whether the vaccine caused the adverse health event. Some reports to VAERS represent true vaccine reactions and others are coincidental adverse health events and not related to vaccination. Overall, a causal relationship cannot be established using information from VAERS report alone.

Strengths of VAERS:

VAERS collects national data from all U.S. states and territories
VAERS accepts reports from anyone
The VAERS form collects information about the vaccine, the person vaccinated and the adverse event
Data are publicly available
VAERS can be used as an early warning system to identify rare adverse events
VAERS is a tool for identifying potential vaccine safety concerns that need further study using more robust data systems

Limitations of VAERS:

It is generally not possible to find out from VAERS data if a vaccine caused the adverse event
Reports submitted to VAERS often lack details and sometimes contains errors
Serious adverse events are more likely to be reported than non-serious events
Numbers of reports may increase in response to media attention and increased public awareness
VAERS data cannot be used to determine rates of adverse events
raison de arizona

Still too low, let's get those numbers up!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Sequoia32 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:20 pm One of my cat ladies (who claims her Doc told her not to get the vaccine because she is immunocompromised...) says an ER nurse at Adventist Hospital in Lodi told her all of the Covid patients in the ICU are vaccinated.

He also said to check the VAERS site for vaccine safety info.

My understanding is that it is the UNvaccinated who are filling up our ICUs.

She says: "My friend is the best and truly knows his stuff."

Did I hear wrong? Or am I not going to be talking to her much anymore...

From the VAERS FAQ:

What are the strengths and limitations of VAERS?
I'm immunocompromised and my doctor team told me to jump on the Covid vax the second I could get it, and same went for the booster. Same for the national and world organizations for my conditions. That said, I would listen to my doc, but if my doc was saying things that contradicted what every other doc, the CDC, WHO, and every other org was saying, I might consider getting a second opinion.

VAERS isn't built for that purpose, that isn't the point of it, as you show. Anyone trying to use it to imply causation doesn't understand the basics of what it is about and should probably be disregarded. I know you probably can't tell her that, but I would encourage her to seek out a second opinion. Hopefully from someone that isn't anti-vax.

FWIW my docs told me that the vax could very well be the difference between me getting covid and living, and getting covid and dying. They said not to count on it to give me immunity, but the vax could very well keep me off a ventilator. Sounds good to me! :thumbsup:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Anti-Vaxxers Are Now Gargling Iodine to Prevent Covid-19
One ER doc’s response to the new trend: “Fuck me! Of course they are”
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... e-1225438/

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

Call me crazy, but the way I read this says that gargling iodine could reduce the viral load, which would be important for the rest of us reasonable people given that covidiots refuse to wear masks.

So gargle that betadine, and suck down some horse paste fer kicks as well!
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

All I know is that we use Betadine to cleanse sites before the insertion of deeplines and other procedures in babies - - - and we never leave it on the skin. We clean it off with sterile water, saline or alcohol.

Maybe a dilute solution would be OK for gargling but the NOSE is where most of Covid-19 lives. I don't think snorting Betadine at any strength would be a good idea.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Horse people make something called 'sugardine', which is white sugar mixed into betadine to make a paste. It's packed into hoof abscesses to draw them out.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

My GI doc fought tooth and nail to get me the vaccine in Feb due to Stelara killing my immune system.

Got the booster 3 weeks ago
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:32 pm
I'm immunocompromised and my doctor team told me to jump on the Covid vax the second I could get it, and same went for the booster. Same for the national and world organizations for my conditions. That said, I would listen to my doc, but if my doc was saying things that contradicted what every other doc, the CDC, WHO, and every other org was saying, I might consider getting a second opinion.

VAERS isn't built for that purpose, that isn't the point of it, as you show. Anyone trying to use it to imply causation doesn't understand the basics of what it is about and should probably be disregarded. I know you probably can't tell her that, but I would encourage her to seek out a second opinion. Hopefully from someone that isn't anti-vax.

FWIW my docs told me that the vax could very well be the difference between me getting covid and living, and getting covid and dying. They said not to count on it to give me immunity, but the vax could very well keep me off a ventilator. Sounds good to me! :thumbsup:
I decided to not report my allergic reaction to the Pfizer vax on VAERS. I don't want to feed the vicious misinformation cycle that comes from VAERS.

I haven't finished reading this article, but I really like it so far.

US Vaccine Pharmacovigilance: Your Friend is Probably Using VAERS Incorrectly
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
raison de arizona

► Show Spoiler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Bye Paul. It was sweet of him to waive his separation pay and pension to save the taxpayers' money.

Newsbusters and other RW outlets are going nuts about Joy Reid's opening tonight. It's about how much they seem to LOVE the COVID. The recall is covered too, David Plouffe and Jason Johnson are guests. Here's the transcript in spoiler:
► Show Spoiler

Here's the MSNBC segment:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Lani

Post by Lani »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:59 am :bighug: Poor Lani!
Hidden Content
It's just a cold. Test was negative. I joked with my office today, saying "remember when we all used to go to work with a cold?"
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”