Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Estiveo
Verified:

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by Estiveo »

Finally!
Estiveoshot_20210604_201446.jpg
Image Image Image Image
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaccers, Etc.

Post by keith »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:41 am From last year

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-pseudo- ... -dangerous

The 'pseudo-legal' arguments used by Melbourne anti-maskers and why they are so dangerous

Anti-maskers have been slammed for trying to make legal arguments during confrontations with businesses and police.

UPDATED 27/07/2020
Side track, not quite a hijack...

The Australian Broadcasting System has cancelled a "4 Corners" program report on the connections between an Australian Qidiot and Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

They are claiming its just business as usual, but they have just settled (pretty much in their favor) a big defamation case with the (former) Attorney General, and it figures they are trying to make nice with the Government.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

I heard that...
Scottie can be a bit thin skinned..
Lani

Post by Lani »

Belgium's Van Ranst: Covid scientist targeted by a far-right sniper
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57358492
For nearly three weeks Belgium's leading virologist has been living in a safehouse with his wife and 12-year-old son, guarded by security agents.

While scientists across the world have come under attack throughout the pandemic, the threat to Prof Marc Van Ranst is more serious than most.

He has been targeted by a far-right soldier, Jürgen Conings, who has a vendetta for virologists and Covid lockdowns. The military shooting instructor is on the run with a rocket launcher and a machine gun, and Belgian police cannot find him.

"The threat was very real," Prof Van Ranst tells me from his safehouse, as he relives the night he and his family were moved into hiding on 18 May.
I hope Fauci is safe.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

With the RWNJs targeting Fauci particularly he probably needs more protection than the president. :mad:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

I realized another instance of Trump turning many conservatives into lunatics:

They regularly applaud soldiers and cops for accepting profound risk to serve and protect. They praise them for putting their lives on the line for community and country; as well they should, and so do we.

So... why not support COVID vaccinations as being the same?

Because Trump says they shouldn’t. Because Fox News jumps on the same wagon and actively either discourages vaccination or supports the right to refuse it.

Induced insanity: abandoning traditional conservative values lemming-style for their orange messiah.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin-co ... 5678dd033f
FILE - This booking photo provided by the Ozaukee County Sheriff's Office Monday, Jan. 4, 2021 in Port Washington, Wis., shows Steven Brandenburg, a former pharmacist in Wisconsin who purposefully ruined more than 500 doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Brandenburg, of Grafton, was sentenced to three years in prison Tuesday, June 8, 2021, after pleading guilty in February to two felony counts of attempting to tamper with a consumer product.

MILWAUKEE (AP) — A former pharmacist in Wisconsin who purposefully ruined more than 500 doses of COVID-19 vaccine was sentenced to three years in prison on Tuesday.

Steven Brandenburg, 46, of Grafton, pleaded guilty in February to two felony counts of attempting to tamper with a consumer product. He had admitted to intentionally removing the doses manufactured by Moderna from a refrigerator for hours at Aurora Medical Center in Grafton, located just north of Milwaukee.

In a statement before receiving his sentence, Brandenburg said he felt “great shame” and accepted responsibility for his actions. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported he apologized to his co-workers, family and the community.

Aurora destroyed most of the tampered doses, but not before 57 people received inoculations from the supply. Those doses are believed to have still been effective, but weeks of uncertainty created a storm of anger, anxiety and anguish among the recipients, according to court documents.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

roadscholar wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:24 pm They regularly applaud soldiers and cops for accepting profound risk to serve and protect. They praise them for putting their lives on the line for community and country; as well they should, and so do we.

So... why not support COVID vaccinations as being the same?
Because 'serving' and 'protecting' are not why they support soldiers and cops in the first place? They like authority figures because of their power and how the idea of that power makes them feel. Soldiers and cops hurt the people conservatives do not like, and they do it because it makes conservatives feel important/superior.

Vaccinations stop suffering and reduce risk, something they have no interest in.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:crazy:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:12 am
► Show Spoiler
It's all true. I have my keys stuck to my left butt cheek RIGHT NOW AT THIS MOMENT. Took me forever to find them, thought they were lost. Turns out I just sat on them and my magnetic butt cheek picked them up.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

It hurt to listen to that. :crazy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

First of all, most keys are made of brass, which is not attracted to magnets.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

noblepa wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:32 am First of all, most keys are made of brass, which is not attracted to magnets.
It's possible I wasn't being truthful. Or that I have special magnetic brass keys. :mrgreen:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I've got Brass Balls and they are stuck to me. :oopsy:
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Most forks are made of 316 stainless steel or silver and aren't magnetic.

The mass of material injected during Covid 19 vaccinations is very small. Even if it were magnetic it would not have a strong enough magnetic field to hold something against a body.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

We have the dumbest population of any industrialized nation in the world. Period.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Again, I was in the car when I heard this story, either CNN or MSNBC, but apparently in severely under-vaccinated TN, the hospitalization rate for covid has recently jumped, did I hear 700%? It was a shocking number.* It was mostly because of the Delta variant.

Went into Lowe's today, masked of course. This was my first trip into a store where NOBODY was wearing a mask. Well, at least until I got to the checkout line. My cashier was wearing one. However, I did see two masked people in the parking lot heading towards the entrance as I was leaving.

Is it just me or do us masked people seem to share a secret camaraderie these days? Masked shoppers are so rare here in FL these days, it's almost like we have our own club. We greet each other with head nods, are extremely polite when passing in aisles. I know when I make contact with another masked shopper, I smile and i think they do too. You can see it in the eyes.

*I went to MSNBC and CNN and couldn't find a story but if I come across it, I'll update.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I can get my keys to stick to my forehead!
► Show Spoiler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

She's a doctor and the GOP (or a GOP rep) invited her. She has been doing anti-vax stuff for a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherri_Tenpenny

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/202 ... 616027002/
101010 :towel:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

northland10 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:39 pm She's a doctor and the GOP (or a GOP rep) invited her. She has been doing anti-vax stuff for a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherri_Tenpenny

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/202 ... 616027002/
That was Tenpenny? Yeah, Dr. Dime is a major player in the antivax crowd.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:09 pm Again, I was in the car when I heard this story, either CNN or MSNBC, but apparently in severely under-vaccinated TN, the hospitalization rate for covid has recently jumped, did I hear 700%? It was a shocking number.* It was mostly because of the Delta variant.

Went into Lowe's today, masked of course. This was my first trip into a store where NOBODY was wearing a mask. Well, at least until I got to the checkout line. My cashier was wearing one. However, I did see two masked people in the parking lot heading towards the entrance as I was leaving.

Is it just me or do us masked people seem to share a secret camaraderie these days? Masked shoppers are so rare here in FL these days, it's almost like we have our own club. We greet each other with head nods, are extremely polite when passing in aisles. I know when I make contact with another masked shopper, I smile and i think they do too. You can see it in the eyes.

*I went to MSNBC and CNN and couldn't find a story but if I come across it, I'll update.
Maybe the 2 counties with only a 20% vaccination rate?
In two Tennessee counties where only about 20% of residents are fully vaccinated, hospitalizations have risen about 700%.

Reminder that those vaccinated are well-protected, but the unvaccinated remain at high risk, even as cases decline in the U.S.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

People who are unvaccinated are just as much at risk as they were a year ago from other unvaccinated people. Getting sick and dying now for those choosing not to be vaccinated seems like a massive display of stupidity. Getting sick and dying now for those choosing not to be vaccinated seems like a massive crime for others who cannot be vaccinated because of immunity issues.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/06 ... d-vaccine/
As of Tuesday, 178 health care workers employed by a Houston-based hospital system are on a two-week unpaid suspension after failing to meet the hospital system’s mandate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Monday, June 7.

Houston Methodist CEO Marc Boom announced the mandate in April, telling hospital staffers that if they failed to get vaccinated, they would be fired. The 178 suspended employees now have the two unpaid weeks to become fully vaccinated before termination. They can do so by getting the one-shot COVID-19 vaccine by Johnson & Johnson or a second dose of either of the two mRNA vaccines. Boom noted in a letter to employees sent Tuesday that 27 of the 178 suspended employees have received one dose of vaccine.

The Texas hospital system stood out in issuing the vaccination mandate. Many employers have shied away from mandates, though more employers have followed Houston Methodist’s lead in recent weeks. Overall, the mandate appears successful: about 97 percent of the hospital’s nearly 26,000 employees are fully vaccinated. Boom reported that 24,947 staffers were fully vaccinated, while 285 received a medical or religious exemption, and 332 were granted deferrals for pregnancy and other reasons.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:01 pm People who are unvaccinated are just as much at risk as they were a year ago from other unvaccinated people. Getting sick and dying now for those choosing not to be vaccinated seems like a massive display of stupidity. Getting sick and dying now for those choosing not to be vaccinated seems like a massive crime for others who cannot be vaccinated because of immunity issues.
I have a friend whose mom can't get it bc of an allergy to an ingredient and she's battling breast cancer. She's basically a prisoner in her home.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”