Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
roadscholar

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaccers, Etc.

Post by roadscholar »

poplove wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:48 am “Is my family going to need to wear masks to protect ourselves from the vaccinated?” :roll:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88nnwg/ ... vaccinated
Yes, and to be truly safe you’ll need to wear a mask for the rest of your lives. :twisted:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Would love COVIDIOTS & Vaxxers in the topic title, but search is bringing it up now too also.

Fu*k Ricky Schroder. What an idiot. Sorry, Costco & those managers.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I blame it on early exposure to Jon Voight.
Estiveoshot_20210516_114601.jpg
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Stupid idiot. Schroder and Voight.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Also, from a link from an email from Costco today:

https://www.costco.com/coronavirus.html ... 16_Apparel
U.S. locations with state or local mask requirements - no policy change
In those Costco locations where the state or local jurisdiction does have a mask mandate, we will follow the state or local regulations and continue to require members and guests to wear a face mask or face shield. Children under the age of 2 are exempt. If a member or guest has a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, they must wear a face shield.
So there! :oldlady:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I had lunch with my sis and her husband and my wife today. All of us are vaxxed and we ate outdoors. Haven't seen them for over a year - they live 300 miles from us but were in town. Some idiot and his kid tried to go inside maskless. Employee told them to fuck off and he left (she didn't say those words but whatever). Employee offered him a free mask - he said he was medically exempt. Employee was not buying that and he left. This is not a normal thing where I live - I have very seldom seen this cuz I live in a mostly sane place. I live close to I5 so guess he was someone that just stopped for lunch and not a resident - don't know for sure. Anyway it was great to see family in an almost normal setting cuz we are NOT idiots and all got vaxxed and still wear masks when appropriate.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Far-right actor Scott Baio went after Costco after a slew of conservative anti-maskers threw fits shopping over the weekend. The CDC released a statement late last week where it said it was lifting the mask mandate for those who have been vaccinated. It caused a serious problem, however. How can anyone know whether another person is vaccinated or not?

It's for that reason that many businesses are still demanding that masks be work in their businesses. Costco was one of them, sending Baio into a fit of rage, firing off tweets about the incident.

:rotflmao:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Resist Programming@RzstProgramming
Post-Costco rant, Ricky Schroder says, “we all felt safe in the 80’s” and wants to go back.
The dip tobacco can his shit pocket was a nice touch -- I couldn't take my eyes of it. :rotflmao:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

LM K wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:36 pm
Far-right actor Scott Baio went after Costco after a slew of conservative anti-maskers threw fits shopping over the weekend. The CDC released a statement late last week where it said it was lifting the mask mandate for those who have been vaccinated. It caused a serious problem, however. How can anyone know whether another person is vaccinated or not?

It's for that reason that many businesses are still demanding that masks be work in their businesses. Costco was one of them, sending Baio into a fit of rage, firing off tweets about the incident.
:rotflmao:
That's my take. anti-maskers are likely to be the ones also anti-vaxers, as well. And, of course since most places aren't going be making people show evidence and going on the honor system, you have no idea who is walking around spreading. They could lie and say they were vaxed
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Great. The time I have always feared is upon us. Some old fart complains about how much better things were when he was a kid, in the 80s.

:oldman:
101010 :towel:
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

No, not "Fuck off." But surely this:

"That's our company policy. If you don't like it, shop somewhere else."
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That was only because he wasn't here in the 50s.
bob

Post by bob »

Its FAP (frequently argued points) is worth it.
Image ImageImage
Lani

Post by Lani »

COVID-19 cluster at Kaimuki church covered up by congregation, text messages show
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/05/ ... ages-show/
Leaders of a church in Kaimuki appear to have covered up a large cluster of COVID-19 infections among their congregation that emerged after an Easter Sunday service as they spread misinformation and conspiracy theories about the dangers of the vaccine.

The virus outbreak sent a number of people to the hospital, one of whom died on Sunday....
A friend of a church member showed the texts to the newspaper. Here are some of them:

“The (health department) called today to go over my personal quarantine procedures. When asked about where I caught the virus, I just said I have no idea. They accepted my answer.”

“Doesn’t it seem like some spiritual/physical attack on the church body? Practically every family in attendance on Resurrection Sunday got hit with the virus.”

"Coronavirus is being sent through a demonic wind. So rebuke it."

The member who may have been the first to be infected apologized for “knowingly or unknowingly partnering with any evil spirit or anything that I shouldn’t have and bringing it to the church.”

The pastor texted the congregation with links to anti-vaccination and conspiracy websites, including that it's dangerous to be around people who are vaccinated and that the vaccine can cause massive bruising and sterilization in women.

DOH has no records that link to the church. The church is now closed, and no one involved with it will speak to DOH or the newspaper.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

There was a big outbreak at a church in Maui too last month. That one got reported to DOH but the church refused to stop meeting IIRC.
Lani

Post by Lani »

scirreeve wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:46 pm There was a big outbreak at a church in Maui too last month. That one got reported to DOH but the church refused to stop meeting IIRC.
If it's the one I remember, 75 people at the church service became ill. And then 20 contacts became ill, and so forth.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Lani wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:01 pm
scirreeve wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:46 pm There was a big outbreak at a church in Maui too last month. That one got reported to DOH but the church refused to stop meeting IIRC.
If it's the one I remember, 75 people at the church service became ill. And then 20 contacts became ill, and so forth.
I think it was 90 but whatever. These people are nutz. If you fly into Maui and drive almost anywhere you will drive by this krazy church.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/04/2 ... -backlash/
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Is "Sunday school teacher" title supposed to grant special privilege? :roll:

https://www.unionleader.com/news/educat ... ac6ae.html
A Sunday school teacher was arrested at Thursday night’s Timberlane Regional School Board meeting moments after she and several other unmasked attendees showed up to demand an end to a school mask mandate.

The abrupt end to the 7 p.m. in-person meeting happened shortly after Atkinson resident Jackie Wydola watched as police arrested her mother, Kate Bossi, when they entered the building without masks as required by school policy.

“You are violating my rights right now. You are remiss,” Bossi told Sgt. Alec Porter as she was being arrested.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Arrest them all!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... stad-ican/
The Americans lodging complaints against coronavirus vaccine mandates are a diverse lot — a sheriff’s deputy in North Carolina, nursing home employees in Wisconsin and students at the largest university in New Jersey.

But their resistance is woven together by a common thread: the involvement of a law firm closely tied to the anti-vaccine movement.

Attorneys from Siri & Glimstad — a New York firm that has done millions of dollars of legal work for one of the nation’s foremost anti-vaccination groups — are co-counsel in a case against the Durham County Sheriff’s Office. They’ve sent warning letters to officials in Rock County, Wis., as well as to the president of Rutgers University and other schools.

The legal salvos show that a groundswell against compulsory immunization is being coordinated, at least in part, from a law office on Park Avenue in midtown Manhattan. And they offer a window into a wide-ranging and well-resourced effort to contest vaccine requirements in workplaces and other settings critical to the country’s reopening — a dispute with sweeping implications for public health, state authority and individual rights.
Cross-posted in Coronavirus on a Personal Basis
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://abcnews.go.com/US/tennessee-wom ... d=77937352
A Tennessee woman was arrested this week after authorities say she drove her SUV through a COVID-19 vaccination tent, nearly hitting several people while yelling "no vaccine."

Virginia Christine Lewis Brown, 36, of Greenback, has been charged with seven felony counts of reckless endangerment. She was released on bonds totalling $21,000 and has an initial court appearance set for June 7, according to the Blount County Sheriff's Office. It was unclear whether she had obtained an attorney who could speak on her behalf.
MORE: Ohio's 1st million-dollar vaccine lottery winner revealed

The incident in question occurred Monday morning at a COVID-19 vaccination tent set up in the parking lot of the Foothills Mall in Maryville, a suburb of Knoxville. According to an incident report, two deputies from the Blount County Sheriff's Office said they were at the location when they saw a blue Chrysler SUV speed through a cone course, past the check-in area and then through the tent, where several health workers and National Guard personnel were preparing to administer COVID-19 vaccines. The vehicle did not stop and was traveling at a "high rate of speed," deputies wrote in the incident report.
:crazy: and dangerous.
filly

Post by filly »

But she's certainly PRO LIFE.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/idaho-corona ... ce7f0a2aa9
FILE - In this Oct. 1, 2020, file photo, Idaho Gov. Brad Little gestures during a press conference at the Statehouse in Boise, Idaho. Gov. Little has issued an executive order repealing a mask-mandate prohibition put in place while he was out of the state by the lieutenant governor, describing her actions as a tyrannical abuse of power and an "irresponsible, self-serving political stunt." The Republican governor on Friday, May 28, 2021, rescinded Republican Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin's executive action taken Thursday. (Darin Oswald/Idaho Statesman via AP, File)

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Idaho Gov. Brad Little on Friday issued an executive order repealing a 24-hour-old mask-mandate prohibition put in place while he was out of the state by the lieutenant governor, describing her actions as a tyrannical abuse of power and an “irresponsible, self-serving political stunt.”

The Republican governor up to now had been reserved in his comments about Republican Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin, a member of the far-right who has worked to undermine Little’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

McGeachin last week announced her run for governor, challenging the first-term incumbent Little.

Her executive order Thursday banning mask mandates in schools and public buildings is widely seen as part of that campaign. And she is already using her nullified executive order in fundraising efforts.

Little has never issued a statewide mask mandate, though he has worn a mask and encouraged others to do so to slow the spread of the virus.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”