Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by johnpcapitalist »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:38 am A few of those names (aside from Robert Kennedy) are a little familiar to me, but I'm not curious enough to look them up. Christiane Northrup sounds most familiar.
Rizza Islam is a scientologist and member of the Nation of Islam, and is currently on trial for his part in a massive welfare fraud in California along with his grifter mother and others. Details at http://www.tonyortega.org, home of the leading legit journalist covering scientology.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Sherri Tenpenny has been extending her reach beyond just the anti vax crowd to mainstream RWNJ/MAGA groups.
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I was sure I knew her name.

https://www.pressherald.com/2021/05/02/ ... formation/
Over the next 20 minutes Northrup – who once regularly graced Oprah Winfrey’s television couch, delivered a commencement address to the University of Maine at Farmington, and practiced obstetrics and gynecology for 26 years in Yarmouth – rattled out a stream of falsehoods: that COVID-19 vaccines don’t prevent the disease but will make humankind sterile and might kill babies breastfed by their vaccinated mothers; that people shouldn’t wear masks but should fear being around vaccinated people, who could infect others with malignant vaccine particles and who are being secretly spied upon with components of the vaccine that covertly relay physiological information to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation via cellphone cameras and a patented mechanism involving cryptocurrency.
Edited to add:

I went to her Wikipedia page. Holy hell! Now, I remember her very well. How the mighty have fallen. :crazy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christiane_Northrup

I'd bet a lot of the women here remember her when she was sane.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:07 pm I was sure I knew her name.

Over the next 20 minutes Northrup – who once regularly graced Oprah Winfrey’s television couch, delivered a commencement address to the University of Maine at Farmington, and practiced obstetrics and gynecology for 26 years in Yarmouth – rattled out a stream of falsehoods: that COVID-19 vaccines don’t prevent the disease but will make humankind sterile and might kill babies breastfed by their vaccinated mothers; that people shouldn’t wear masks but should fear being around vaccinated people, who could infect others with malignant vaccine particles and who are being secretly spied upon with components of the vaccine that covertly relay physiological information to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation via cellphone cameras and a patented mechanism involving cryptocurrency.
Oprah also had a certain-someone jumping on her couch. :shrug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:15 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:07 pm I was sure I knew her name.

Oprah also had a certain-someone jumping on her couch. :shrug:
I haven't heard anything about Scientology's take on Covid, but I'll be he had the vaccine.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ble-ahead/
It was only a matter of time until Donald Trump converted the debate over covid-19 vaccines into an occasion for his supporters to show their loyalty to him — and even worse, to the “big lie” that his 2020 loss was illegitimate.

“People are refusing to take the Vaccine because they don’t trust his Administration,” the former president said in a statement Sunday, referring to President Biden. “They don’t trust the Election results, and they certainly don’t trust the Fake News.”

There you have it: Trump is telling his supporters that they are correct not to trust the federal government on vaccines, because this sentiment should flow naturally from their suspicion that the election was stolen from him. Expressing the former has been magically transformed into a way to show fealty to the latter.

This suggests the anti-vaccine mania on the right may only get worse, at exactly the moment that we need it to get better. This vile new Trump claim hints at how this is likely to happen, with the complicity of even relatively responsible Republicans.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Reducing the number of Republicans.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I like it!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:19 pm I haven't heard anything about Scientology's take on Covid, but I'll be he had the vaccine.
He may have, I'm not sure.

But if we want to talk about Scientology -- hide your kids.

They hounded me relentlessly. If you get on their mailing list, you are not going to have a good time.

These bastards even found me down in Florida -- I left no forwarding address when I left up north.

Do not give them your contact info.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:17 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:19 pm I haven't heard anything about Scientology's take on Covid, but I'll be he had the vaccine.
He may have, I'm not sure.

But if we want to talk about Scientology -- hide your kids.

They hounded me relentlessly. If you get on their mailing list, you are not going to have a good time.

These bastards even found me down in Florida -- I left no forwarding address when I left up north.

Do not give them your contact info.
He probably has been considering this incident on his set last year.
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/mov ... t-1104720/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

GOPers are crazy. :crazy:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona

CDC advises masks for unvaccinated students, staff. But Arizona schools can't require them

New COVID-19 guidance from the Centers for Disease Control advising unvaccinated students and staff to continue to wear masks inside school buildings, particularly young students, won’t become official policy in Arizona, where the Legislature has prohibited districts from mandating masks.

The discrepancy between the Legislature’s law and the federal public health guidance has alarmed some Arizona health practitioners and parents, who argue that the growing threat from the coronavirus' delta variant, and Arizona residents’ slow vaccination rates, could increase the spread of the virus this fall.

They want school mask mandates until vaccines are available for younger students or the state’s vaccination rate inches up. Arizona's COVID-19 vaccine rates have been stubbornly hovering at about 50% for several weeks.

“It is no longer a matter of debate: Masks work,” said Dr. Elizabeth Jacobs, a professor of epidemiology in Tucson. “As parents, we are deeply concerned that when children and teens return to school buildings, large class sizes could put at-risk kids who are unvaccinated, including those who are too young to get vaccinated.”

The CDC guidance, issued on July 9, recommends unvaccinated individuals, including children, still wear masks and maintain 3 feet of social distancing, but said distancing is not required among fully vaccinated students or staff. The changes come amid a national vaccination campaign in which children as young as 12 are eligible to get shots, as well as a general decline in COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths.

But Arizona is one of several states, including Iowa and Texas, where lawmakers have banned school districts from instituting mask mandates, essentially leaving it up to individual families to decide whether to send their students to school with or without masks.
:snippity:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 887827002/

In other news...
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

covfefe wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:32 pm I'm not even going to attempt to summarize. They cray cray.
We Asked the Church of Scientology How They’re Combatting Coronavirus. This Is Their Wild Response.
As nutty as ever.
raison de arizona

Speaking of nutty...

(AirBNB ended up refunding her, BTW)
House Rules:
► Show Spoiler
tek

Post by tek »

"new science" you say? sounds legit!
/s
raison de arizona

tek wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:08 pm "new science" you say? sounds legit!
/s
Hmm. Sounds like unvaccinated folks should wear a mask to protect themselves!
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:04 pm Speaking of nutty...

(AirBNB ended up refunding her, BTW)
House Rules:
So the "House Rules" seek unvaccinated guests? :confuzzled: Note the wording: experimental "vaccines"

Sounds reasonable. :?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Do these nutty people understand that there’s no COVID in the vaccine? They think the vaccine makes you shed protein? By what mechanism?

I’m baffled by a couple of Sprout’s friends. I’ve known most of them for years and there are two I would NEVER have suspected would be such morons; turns out their parents are. Xtians. They spew all the bullshits and some I’ve never heard of. Chips and Bill Gates and partial lobotomies, take your guns while you’re sick, makes you sterile. Holy shit, you’d think they live full time in a violent video game.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:55 pm Do these nutty people understand that there’s no COVID in the vaccine? They think the vaccine makes you shed protein? By what mechanism?
I'm not sure if they do, but -- correct -- there is no COVID in the vaccines. They may be thinking old-school when vaccines contained weakened or dead viruses.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Pshaw...I would have told them I'm unvaccinated, screw em.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:55 pm Do these nutty people understand that there’s no COVID in the vaccine? They think the vaccine makes you shed protein? By what mechanism?

I’m baffled by a couple of Sprout’s friends. I’ve known most of them for years and there are two I would NEVER have suspected would be such morons; turns out their parents are. Xtians. They spew all the bullshits and some I’ve never heard of. Chips and Bill Gates and partial lobotomies, take your guns while you’re sick, makes you sterile. Holy shit, you’d think they live full time in a violent video game.
Oof. Sounds like they might be subsisting on a diet of Facebook/Fox.

My younger sister used to be reasonably intelligent. Between spending time on Facebook and watching Fox Opinion, she sounds like a complete moron these days. Some of the stuff she has spouted make me shake my head. One of the less stupid things she told me once is that you are more protected from Covid by getting Covid than by getting the vaccine.

I told her I am 100% protected from dying tomorrow by dying today, but that doesn't make me want to do it. In addition to that, experts agree that contracting Covid may offer protection for 6-8 months while the vaccine has proven to be effective for at least a year, maybe longer. Not only that, getting Covid is more likely to put you in the hospital and more likely to kill you than getting the vaccine itself. Very few people have had severe reactions to the vaccine and I'm aware of only 6 deaths that may be attributable to one of the vaccines. Every single person I know who watches Fox loses much, if not all, of the critical thinking ability they may have once had. And now Facebook spreads so much disinformation I refuse to even sign on to my account since 2016.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:roll:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

American Frontline Doctors originally filed for a temporary injunction back in May. The judge denied it because she determined that the was not going to be irreparable harm to the plaintiffs if they waited until they served the defendants.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 86.3.0.pdf

The Docket with links to the original motion, the dismissal above, the actual complaint, and the latest motion for a prelim injunction.

I have not read it but the first thing I am thinking is standing. The group has been big into COVID misinformation.

Mother Jones also has written about it. Apparently, the lead attorney used to be into defending tax protestors.
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... -for-kids/
101010 :towel:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”