Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by neonzx »

Heineken suffers Twitter boycott from anti-vaxxers over disco-themed pro-vaccination ad

https://nordot.app/786426334934466560?c ... 7532812385
Heineken has found itself on the “mighty real” receiving end of anti-vaxxer vitriol. The Dutch beer maker is facing threats of a boycott after posting a pro-vaccination advertisement on Twitter, which upset people who refuse to be inoculated against the COVID-19 virus.

The minute-long ad shows a group of elderly individuals dancing in a nightclub and then frolicking in the sea while imbibing the popular, green-bottled beer. A cover of Sylvester’s 1970s disco anthem, “Mighty Real,” is blaring in the background.

So, of course, freak-out from Covidiots.

zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Coming from the fingers of someone who only swills beer for the alcohol?
Il factotum
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I guess anto-vaxxers are not the advertising target that drink Heineken anyhow. :think:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

It's cute how the right likes to scream boycott buy it appears only boycotts from the left and center-left seem to work right now. They have to blame corporations now because they can't admit that they don't have the numbers to make it stick.

Some GOP folks understand the numbers which is why they have spent many years trying to game the system. Without it, they lose. They are probably in a panic now because they see corps all lining up for diversity and COVID safety which is a sign that even their attempts to game will begin to have serious gaps.

Their Trump hugging is an attempt to hold on given the years they did nothing to advance their agenda (which was only talking points used to get elected anyway).
101010 :towel:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

northland10 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:09 am Their Trump hugging humping is an attempt to hold on given the years they did nothing to advance their agenda (which was only talking points used to get elected anyway).
FIFY
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:20 am

Poor thing, Heineken was apparently the only beer available in Wembley this past Wednesday.

:lol:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

The beer maker cares not if you drink it or pour it out...

Because you already paid for it.....dumbass... :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:39 am The beer maker cares not if you drink it or pour it out...

Because you already paid for it.....dumbass... :shrug:
Also it makes the chain of custody more straightforward by streamlining out an intermediate step.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I am so unhappy with my brother. Sigh.

He's a psychiatrist and a really smart man. He's also one of the funniest, kindest men I know. However, he's a died-in-the-wool conservative. I was riding with him, his wife, and three of their four daughters yesterday afternoon and I asked if my youngest niece - 17-year old, heading to college in the fall - has been vaccinated yet. My brother stated that she was NOT going to get vaccinated, and started talking about the vaccine. I stopped the conversation - I was NOT going to debate him with his daughters right there - and said, "Fine, she's your daughter, it's your decision."

I'm sure my brother has been listening to the conservative media's hype about how dangerous the vaccine is. As a physician, my brother has been vaccinated. I think his two older daughters who have graduated from college have been vaccinated. His wife has had Covid. I don't think my brother realizes how very dangerous Covid is and how devastating Long Covid can be for a person. Dang!

This is in contrast to a nephew in Iowa who has told me that the minute his daughter turns 12 in August, she's getting vaccinated. Yay for him!

I really, really hate the conservative media. My oldest sister - very brilliant - also falls victim to Google research. It's websites like The Fogbow which have made me realize how misleading Google research can be. Just think of all the people who have learned all about the law from Google searches. Those people will gladly tell you how Trump's latest lawsuit against Twitter, etc. will bring down the big tech companies. From Fogbow I've learned to figure out which experts are to be trusted and to rely on them to analyze the law or medical data or whatever is being discussed. They have spent their years studying the subject and there is no way, with a few days of internet reading, that I can get to their knowledge level.

The experts I trust state that President Biden won the 2020 election, that Trump's lawsuit will fail, that the Covid vaccines are much, much safer than Covid, and that climate change is real.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Where I live (Oregon) the age of medical consent is 15 so wouldn't matter if the kid wanted it and the parents didn't. I know it varies from state to state.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

We were just out West for several weeks in Arizona, Utah, and Colorado, which gave us quite a look at various mask policies. The most strict rules were on the Navajo Reservation. They allowed no one in without a mask, and counted the people coming and going, in restaurants and stores. I expected that there would be a Federal policy in effect in the national parks, but if there was one, it was pretty loose. All park rangers were outside under tents rather than inside the centers. Most centers were open, but at least one was closed with the rangers outside. They all required masks if you were not vaccinated, but I've never quite trusted that standard. All but one table-top site overview were tightly covered so that people didn't congregate around them, and most of the exhibits were off limits. The stores were open, but they varied in the number of people allowed, partly because of size, but also it just seemed to be that some places were more lenient about the number of people than others.

All the restaurants we were in had a mask-required if not vaccinated sign. At most hotels, staff wore masks and there was no daily room service unless something was specifically requested. But at least one hotel did not require masks for their employees. I watched families closely. Since the signs on the doors all requested that you wear a mask if not vaccinated, if I saw the children wearing masks, I felt fairly sure the parents were vaxxed. If I saw children not wearing masks, I steered away from them. My granddaughter (11) always wore her mask, even outside around people. I couldn't judge young people (probably not vaxxed) or adults without children, but the way the kids were masked or not masked seemed like a pretty good way to judge the families. I'd say there were more children wearing masks than not wearing them.

Amtrak was very strict about wearing masks, from the time you entered the station. If you were on the train, you had to wear one at all times, unless you had a private room (we did). If you were caught on the train without a mask, you would get one warning chance. The second time got you off the train at the next stop. I've seen them put people off the train, so I know they mean it when they say that (marijuana).

While we were gone, the mask mandate ended in my county. Rates are very low here, but I won't be going out without one in my pocket or bag.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Here's something I never expected to read about-"Anti-Vaccine Chiropractors". :roll:

Vocal Anti-Vaccine Chiropractors Split the Profession
The conflict among chiropractors has become more consequential as the Delta variant of the coronavirus spreads and the rate of new vaccinations slows.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/14/heal ... &smtyp=cur
Anyone who listened to the Idaho chiropractor Steven Baker’s podcast in May would have heard a cornucopia of misinformation about the coronavirus and the vaccines protecting hundreds of millions of people against it.

In an episode titled “Are the ‘Vaccinated’ People Dangerous?” (they aren’t), he claimed that scientists had never identified the whole virus (they have), that the vaccines turned people into “modern-day zombies” who spewed spike proteins in every breath and body fluid (they don’t), and that vaccinated people could disrupt the menstrual cycles of women around them (they can’t).

So, Dr. Baker said, he had a new policy: If any patients made “what I would consider a horribly poor decision to go get this shot,” he would not allow them inside his office for 30 days.

Dr. Baker, who didn’t respond to a request for comment, doesn’t represent all chiropractors, many of whom support vaccinations. But he is among a vocal cadre who have promoted doubts about the coronavirus vaccines online and in their clinics and, in the process, exposed a longstanding split within the profession.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:34 pm Here's something I never expected to read about-"Anti-Vaccine Chiropractors". :roll:

My next door neighbours are both chiropractors and neither one of them has gotten vaccinated. They have to keep to certain standards in order to have their clients come into their practice, but the husband especially thinks it's an infringement on his rights. This is the same person who decided that it was acceptable for him to trespass on the property belonging to the local water and sewer district so that he could start hacking ATV trails in there. He didn't know that the W & SD makes an annual survey of the property, and found his vandalism last week, just three or four days after he started his vandalism project. The district is probably going to put up a fence to keep people out. There's a wetland on the property, and they really don't want people in there.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I swear the next whiney white boy who starts whining about "my rights" I am going to kick him in the f****** balls.

Yes, that little rant is not really in keeping with my vocation, but some days, I get so annoyed with these entitled folks always complaining about their rights while never having lifted a finger to protect somebody else's rights, and even go so far as to see no problem infringing on others. Selfish BS.

Now time to take another swig of Lake Erie Monster... calm... happy place...

And maybe I am a bit more wound up because the day job is on post-project cleanup/firefighting and my washer just died while full with water.
101010 :towel:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Perfectly reasonable and appropriate response
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

FL: Something stupid related to Covid, increasing cases.
AZ: Hold mah beer!

Basically, the school district was making unvaccinated students who are exposed to COVID-19 quarantine for ten days, but exempting vaccinated students. BECAUSE THEY'RE VACCINATED. But can't do that. No "vaccine discrimination" allowed.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Send the whole class of such a student back home into quarantine, no discrimination ;)
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:14 pm Send the whole class of such a student back home into quarantine, no discrimination ;)
I can't tell if he's arguing for no quarantine except to the exposed, or that entire classrooms be quarantined.

What a moronic letter.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/15/us/calif ... index.html
(CNN)A licensed naturopathic doctor from Northern California was arrested Wednesday for running a fake Covid-19 immunization and vaccine card scheme, according to an announcement from the US Department of Justice.

Juli A. Mazi, 41, faces one charge of wire fraud and one count of false statements related to health matters, according to the Justice Department. Prosecutors say the Napa woman tried to sell homeoprophylaxis immunization pellets and fake Covid-19 immunization cards that made it appear as though her customers received the Moderna vaccine. This is the first federal criminal fraud prosecution related to these fraudulent immunizations and vaccine record cards, according to prosecutors.

"'This defendant allegedly defrauded and endangered the public by preying on fears and spreading misinformation about FDA-authorized vaccinations, while also peddling fake treatments that put people's lives at risk. Even worse, the defendant allegedly created counterfeit COVID-19 vaccination cards and instructed her customers to falsely mark that they had received a vaccine, allowing them to circumvent efforts to contain the spread of the disease,'' said Deputy Attorney General Lisa O. Monaco.

:snippity:

If convicted, Mazi could face 20 years in prison for wire fraud and five years for making false statements in addition to a $250,00 fine for each charge and three years of supervised release, according to the Department of Justice.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Majority of Covid misinformation came from 12 people, report finds
CCDH finds ‘disinformation dozen’ have combined following of 59 million people across multiple social media platforms

Erum Salam
Sat 17 Jul 2021 19.34 BST

The vast majority of Covid-19 anti-vaccine misinformation and conspiracy theories originated from just 12 people, a report by the Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) cited by the White House this week found.

Jobiden says ‘the only pandemic we have is among the unvaccinated’, and Facebook and others can do more to stop misinformation, including anti-vaccine posts.

CCDH, a UK/US non-profit and non-governmental organization, found in March that these 12 online personalities they dubbed the “disinformation dozen” have a combined following of 59 million people across multiple social media platforms, with Facebook having the largest impact. CCDH analyzed 812,000 Facebook posts and tweets and found 65% came from the disinformation dozen. Vivek Murthy, US surgeon general, and Joe Biden focused on misinformation around vaccines this week as a driving force of the virus spreading.

On Facebook alone, the dozen are responsible for 73% of all anti-vaccine content, though the vaccines have been deemed safe and effective by the US government and its regulatory agencies. And 95% of the Covid misinformation reported on these platforms were not removed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... cdh-report
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I assume the former guy was among that dozen.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Negatory good buddy. All but one are unfamiliar to me.

Appendix: The Disinformation Dozen
1 Joseph Mercola
2 Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
3 Ty & Charlene Bollinger
4 Sherri Tenpenny
5 Rizza Islam
6 Rashid Buttar
7 Erin Elizabeth
8 Sayer Ji
9 Kelly Brogan
10 Christiane Northrup
11 Ben Tapper
12 Kevin Jenkins
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

A dozen is a small enough number for a well heeled central figure or group to manage a single message while staying out of the public light themselves.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

A few of those names (aside from Robert Kennedy) are a little familiar to me, but I'm not curious enough to look them up. Christiane Northrup sounds most familiar.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”