Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Dave from down under

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-02/ ... /100342858

An Adelaide Hills naturopath will be banned from giving health advice about COVID-19 vaccines after writing an opinion piece warning against their use in a local newspaper.

Key points:
An Adelaide newspaper published an opinion piece from a naturopath against COVID-19 vaccines
He has been banned from giving advice on the topic for 12 weeks
Unregistered healthcare workers have to abide by a code of conduct

South Australia's Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner has issued an interim prohibition order against Wayne Liebelt after the article was published in the Adelaide Hills Herald on June 24.

In the article, the Mount Barker naturopath urged people against receiving either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccine and described them as "unnecessary" and "ineffective".

Naturopaths do not have to be registered.

However, the commissioner, Associate Professor Grant Davies, said unregistered healthcare workers were still required to abide by South Australia's Code of Conduct for Certain Health Care Workers.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

scirreeve wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:07 am I have a decision to make.
It seems that your quandary is respecting your parents wishes whilst also protecting them from possible infection. If it were me I would base my decision(s) on my knowledge of my parents’ competence and whether their love for all their children overrides their awareness of the risk involved. Obviously you should take all your siblings views into account, but it really is a case of following your own conscience. As you are no doubt more than aware, the horror of this situation is of “inaction” resulting in a possibly dire outcome. A definite case of damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Hopefully your sister, unless she has a medically supported reason to avoid vaccination, will understand that despite her own beliefs she should put the vulnerability of her parents first.

What a horrible situation to be put in. Having read your online posts since the Oregonian “Commentariat” I fully believe you will do what you think is right.

My apologies if these comments suggest I know best, I don’t.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I suggest you convey that there will not be a "family" 90th celebration because of the Covid situation. Then you and your siblings and other sane family and friends can celebrate how you want without inviting her.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

1) Talk with the sane members of the family to see what pressure you (plural) are willing to put on the sibling to get vaccinated/not come. 2) Discuss with them the fact that your youngest sibling's micro-abuses of your parents are having their inevitable bad result: pressuring your parents to put themselves in danger to avoid the abuse. 3) If necessary, decide on your own whether to go or not if the rest are okay with the youngest coming unvaccinated--don't do the either/or.

Good luck! :heart:
filly

Post by filly »

roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

William Barr and Mitch McConnell smoke crack? Who knew? :mrgreen:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
filly

Post by filly »

roadscholar wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:23 am William Barr and Mitch McConnell smoke crack? Who knew? :mrgreen:
Yeah, in case anybody is wondering why there's a death cult in this country...
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The thing about idiot siblings is they seem to enjoy poking everyone else for a reaction but if you call them on it or poke them back, you’re the bully/bad brother, ‘Mooooom, Johnny’s being mean to me again!’

There’s a point at which you just gotta say ‘Grow up’. This is definitely one of those times. Nothing your idiot sibling ‘feels’ about this stupid virus will protect your parents. That’s up to you guys.

If it were my family I’d put my foot down. Idiot siblings have usually done enough damage to a family’s patience (and finances) to justify a stern and unified front.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:52 am The thing about idiot siblings is they seem to enjoy poking everyone else for a reaction but if you call them on it or poke them back, you’re the bully/bad brother, ‘Mooooom, Johnny’s being mean to me again!’

There’s a point at which you just gotta say ‘Grow up’. This is definitely one of those times. Nothing your idiot sibling ‘feels’ about this stupid virus will protect your parents. That’s up to you guys.

If it were my family I’d put my foot down. Idiot siblings have usually done enough damage to a family’s patience (and finances) to justify a stern and unified front.
AMEN about 1000 times!!!!! My idiot sister, who lives 2 miles from my parents and sees them practically daily, doesn't believe in the vax or masks. My parents are in their 80s, one with West Nile, the other with COPD. The IS threw an absolute fit last year when my parents banned everyone from the house before they got vaxxed. The excuses were beyond idiotic...."but I see you every day!" and "We're related so it's OK" were my favorites. We went months and months without seeing my parents and then I got the long, teary, we never see you any more phone call from my mother and I laid it out in plain language to her. We will not be visiting them until everyone is vaxxed or they quit allowing unvaxxed people in their home, including the woman who walks the dog every day. We now visit occasionally and sit on the deck. They hate that, but we're not budging.
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

One of my Commissioners.

A right winger, he seems exasperated with his poot constituency and wacko doctors.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210802-092729_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20210802-092729_DuckDuckGo.jpg (184.39 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

ZinWhit wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:10 pm :snippity:
Dangerous Medicine
:snippity:
Now, I must find a new doctor who believes in vaccination and masking, one who believes in science. A practice and hospital that is not a threat to our community.

Chris Zinda
Elkton, Oregon
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said. As a fellow Oregonian and fellow human being, I wish to thank you for your hard work. You're fighting a battle worth fighting.

ZinWhit wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:31 pm One of my Commissioners.

A right winger, he seems exasperated with his poot constituency and wacko doctors.
Your commissioner is correct. The county has no authority over private practitioners.

The Oregon Medical Board does have authority ... and they are taking strong action against doctors whom aren't masking.

What will the Board do if a licensee does not follow precautions set out by the Governor's Executive Order and the Oregon Health Authority?

Noncompliance with Executive Orders and applicable Oregon Health Authority (OHA) guidance may result in disciplinary action by the Oregon Medical Board. Unprofessional conduct in ORS 677.190 as defined in ORS 677.188 includes, but is not limited to, conduct that does or might endanger the health or safety of the public. This includes failure to comply with an Executive Order issued by the Governor or failure to comply with state agency guidance applicable to the time and location where the licensee practices medicine.

The Board adopted OAR 847-010-0068(5) to reiterate and clarify that during a declared emergency, all board licensees are expected, in connection with the practice of medicine, to fully comply with Executive Orders and statewide guidance implementing the Executive Orders when the Order or guidance documents in whole or in part address or affect the delivery of health care to Oregon patients.

Questions regarding the OHA guidance may be directed to the OHA at covid.19@dhsoha.state.or.us.

FSMB Statement on Wearing Face Coverings During Patient Care: The Federation of State Medical Boards' Board of Directors released the following statement in response to reports from a number of state medical boards of complaints they are receiving about physicians and physician assistants failing to wear face coverings during patient care:

“Wearing a face covering is a harm-reduction strategy to help limit the spread of COVID-19, especially since physical distancing is not possible in health care settings. When seeing patients during in-person clinical encounters, physicians and physician assistants have a professional responsibility to wear a facial covering for their own protection, as well as that of their patients and society as a whole."
From the
Oregon Secretary of State regarding OR law:

(5) In the event of a Governor-declared emergency, and in connection with a licensee’s practice of medicine, Oregon Medical Board licensees must fully comply with the Governor’s Executive Orders and implementing guidance documents when the Orders or guidance documents in whole or in part address or affect the delivery of healthcare to Oregon patients.

(a) During a declared emergency, unprofessional or dishonorable conduct includes failing to comply with any applicable provision of a Governor’s Executive Order or any provision of this rule, to include implementing guidance and rules issued by the Oregon Health Authority, and is subject to sanction pursuant to ORS 677.190(1)(a), as defined by ORS 677.188(4)(a), unprofessional or dishonorable conduct and ORS 677.190(17).
The board is taking action against healthcare professionals that don't follow the mask mandate.

A Doctor Who Refused To Wear Masks Was Ordered To Stop Practicing Medicine During The Pandemic
An Oregon doctor who refused to enforce mask-wearing at his rural clinic in the middle of the pandemic won't be allowed to practice medicine until the end of the state's public health emergency, the state medical board ruled.
The Oregon Medical Board found that not only did LaTulippe and his staff not wear masks while treating patients, he encouraged patients to take them off, even banning one of them from the clinic when she questioned their anti-mask advice.

LaTulippe, the medical board found, refused to abide by state standards adopted to curb the spread of the virus, and instead used what he called "survival tactics," which included leaving the door of an examination room open when treating COVID-19 patients and holding his breath during up-close inspections.
Instead of abiding by state standards to screen patients by taking their temperature and asking about COVID-19 exposure and symptoms, LaTulippe allegedly asked his staff to "just take a look at them and see if they look sick."

LaTulippe also testified he has not worn a mask during the duration of the pandemic, even though "there is a very good chance that I have been infected with SARS-CoV-2 [because] I was exposed to some very sick patients and a good number of them."
But according to documents from the Oregon Medical Board, LaTulippe believes the body's immune system is more effective at curbing the spread of the virus than masks, and suggested entities like the CDC and the Oregon Health Authority did not acknowledge this because they had an "alternative agenda" and were primarily concerned about "money and power and politics and control of the population."

When one patient called asking for medical advice about possible exposure to the virus during a camping trip with friends,LaTulippe's wife, who also works at the clinic, told her she did not need to get tested or self-isolate, that exposure to other people increased her immunity to COVID-19, and that masks were not effective, the medical board reported.

After the patient called back trying to get the name and credentials of the clinic employee who gave her the advice, she received a letter telling her that she and her spouse would no longer be accepted as patients.

COVID-19: Dallas doctor's license suspended after saying he, staff do not wear masks
A Dallas family physician has been suspended by the Oregon Medical Board after publically stating he and his staff are not wearing masks in his clinic during the COVID-19 pandemic.
"I hate to tell you this — it might scare you, but I and my staff, none of us — once — wore a mask in my clinic," he told the crowd.
LaTulippe said he believes mask-wearing often does more harm than good.

"The problem with the mask itself is ... I could go on and on with the list of problems: pustulosis of the nose, impetigo of the face...migraine headaches, fatigue, confusion," he said. "In medicine, we have a tenant called, 'first do no harm.' "
Still, LaTulippe said his office has a rigid protocol when it comes to handling COVID-19 patients.

LaTulippe said his office screens every patient who calls in with symptoms that sound consistent with COVID-19. Symptomatic patients are scheduled for visits at the end of the day when all other patients are gone. LaTulippe asks them to wear a mask to protect him as he is examining them.

He also disinfects each patient room before and after sick patients visit and asks staff to practice handwashing habits before and after coming in contact with patients.

He said he's treated 78 patients with COVID-19 at his practice.

"It has worked extremely well for me," he said.
Of course, Dr. LaTulippe is suing.

Due to the length of this post, I won't quote from the article.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Oh darn.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

"In medicine, we have a tenant called, 'first do no harm.' "
Somebody doesn't know the difference between a tenant and a tenet.

Tenets don't pay rent. :doh:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

"the list of problems: pustulosis of the nose, impetigo of the face...migraine headaches, fatigue, confusion"

That's what we around here call "horseshit." :mad:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Montel Williams, who recently tested positive for Covid: "Look, people are talking about whether it's patriotic or not- forget that noise. This is all about, do you care about anybody else in this world? If you care anything about another human being, then get the vaccination."
Not in this clip, but at the start Williams said he was at a place marked no mask no entry. An unmasked person entered, and got way too close into his personal space, and he started feeling sick afterwards.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... -positive/
Less than a week after an “angry mob” swarmed a St. Louis County council meeting to oppose a new mask mandate, public health officials in Missouri announced on Saturday that at least one person has tested positive for the coronavirus and may have exposed others who attended the meeting.

The City of St. Louis Department of Health said it is trying to identify anyone who had close contact with the infected person and urged everyone who attended the council meeting to quarantine for nine days and look out for possible covid-19 symptoms.

“The DOH is continuing its contact tracing investigation into this case and encourages those who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine to get vaccinated,” Fredrick Echols, acting director of health for the City of St. Louis, said in a statement on Saturday. “It is the best tool we have to prevent severe COVID-19 complications, including death.”

Vaccine hesitancy has been an entrenched problem in Missouri, where about 57 percent of the eligible population older than 12 has received at least one dose of the vaccine, according to an analysis from The Washington Post. But recent spikes in hospitalizations led to a 49 percent increase in people seeking the vaccine.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Every Democratic member of Congress has gotten vaccinated but many Republicans refuse to share their vaccine status,
@JohnAvlon
says.

"It's never been clearer that hyper-partisanship is so self-deluding, so self-defeating and so deadly." #RealityCheck
LM K

Post by LM K »

LaTulippe (pos suspended doc in OR).

Letter of suspension

Lawsuit against the Oregon Medical Board

The OMB is going to eat LaTulippe for breakfast.

Exhibit A:

LaTulippe attached his "Certificate of Long-Term American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Achievement" certificate. He wants the certificate to appear significant. It's simply a "thank you for paying dues for 25 years!" certificate.

In the lawsuit, the "American Academy of Family Physicians" is misspelled as "American Academic of Family Physicians".

LaTulippe uses the below study to argue that there is scientific disagreement about mask efficacy. He spins the study in a ridiculous way.

Exhibit F:

Effectiveness of Adding a Mask Recommendation to Other Public Health Measures to Prevent SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Danish Mask Wearers

While the lawsuit says an accurate copy of the article, it is not. He provided only the the basic overview of the article. He left out all of the research data, discussion of confounding variables, and the lack of scientific understanding how covid transmission amongst people. The study was done in April and May of 2020. Masking was not widely practiced anywhere that early in the pandemic.

LaTulippe attached less than one page of the 10 page article. He printed article as it appears on a mobile device to make his exhibit appear longer; his attachment is 3 pages long. The pdf version is less than 1/2 of one page of the article.

Exhibit G:

LaTulippe uses this blog post from Visual Capitalist. He used a financial blog to support his assertion that masks don't work. LaTulippe used a financial blog as scientific evidence in a federal lawsuit.

SCIENCEZooming In: Visualizing the Relative Size of Particles

Exhibit H:

Effects of mask-wearing on the inhalability and deposition of airborne SARS-CoV-2 aerosols in human upper airway

LaTulippe attaches this article as printed from a pdf ... all 49 pages of it.

LaTulippe uses 2 journal articles to attempt to support his absurd claims about masks. He doesn't try to provide any evidence that supports his other ridiculous covid assertions.

LaTulippe will lose his lawsuit. He'll also lose his license.
LM K

Post by LM K »

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:21 am
scirreeve wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:07 am I have a decision to make.
It seems that your quandary is respecting your parents wishes whilst also protecting them from possible infection. If it were me I would base my decision(s) on my knowledge of my parents’ competence and whether their love for all their children overrides their awareness of the risk involved. Obviously you should take all your siblings views into account, but it really is a case of following your own conscience. As you are no doubt more than aware, the horror of this situation is of “inaction” resulting in a possibly dire outcome. A definite case of damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Hopefully your sister, unless she has a medically supported reason to avoid vaccination, will understand that despite her own beliefs she should put the vulnerability of her parents first.

What a horrible situation to be put in. Having read your online posts since the Oregonian “Commentariat” I fully believe you will do what you think is right.

My apologies if these comments suggest I know best, I don’t.
Thanks BV (I remember). Problem solved. My sane sister talked to my insane sister and expressed our concerns. Insane sister informed sane sister that she didn't want to attend a gathering with vaxxed folks cuz we shed the virus after being vaxxed and she doesn't want to catch the Rona. She is nutz. Good news is that everyone at the gathering will be vaxxed (except the grand nieces and nephews <12yo).
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

That’s great to hear :thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup:
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”