Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by bill_g »

neeneko wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:54 am Oof.

I know vegans who have really had to struggle through the ethical ramifications of medications before, it can be an honestly messy quandary that I do not envy the UK ones having to go through when deciding what to do.
I've met a number of vegans, and like all people, they have a spectrum. They range from no animal products, including leather goods, to simply no commercial hooved meat - fowl and fish are part of their menu.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

► Show Spoiler
OK GOP brings back the yellow Star of David. Most commenters, including Rs, are horrified, but there's a few supportive of the imagery.
Also, send $$
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:52 am
► Show Spoiler
OK GOP brings back the yellow Star of David. Most commenters, including Rs, are horrified, but there's a few supportive of the imagery.
A little help ...
► Show Spoiler
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:30 am UK
Vegans exempt from compulsory Covid vaccinations, legal experts warn
:snippity:
I have a colleague that mentioned this in a campus wide email discussion. My campus has a mandatory vaccination rule, but because Oregon law allows for "philosophical exemptions", our hands are tied. Several colleagues, including myself, wrote about the philosophical exemptions making our vaccine mandate fairly impotent.*

I don't know if my colleague is vaccinated or not and I'm not going to ask him about his vaccine status. His just wanted the campus to know about those who don't vaccinate aren't all ignorant anti-vaxxers that ignore science.

The email discussion also addressed mask mandates. My colleague wrote that he has had problems with masks causing ear issues for him. But he did say that he will follow all rules about masking. He's a great guy and I trust him to wear a mask if he's not vaccinated.

There's a lot of discussion about whether or not to mandate unvaccinated people to wear masks on campus.

I was by far the harshest participant in the discussion. I said that those who choose to not vaccinate for philosophical reasons should be required to work/study remotely. I also stated that because of the limits placed upon us by Oregon law, we must maintain our current mask mandate rules. No one liked either points. (One colleague brought up the HIPAA myth. He wasn't being an ignorant asshole. He honestly misunderstood HIPPA. A nursing professor kindly schooled him.)

Those of us whom have medical issues with the vaccine pointed our our needs. I had an allergic reaction to the Pfizer vaccine. I'm fully vaccinated; my doctor figured out a treatment plan so I could receive my 2nd jab. But any medication/food allergic reaction can evolve into a potentially fatal reaction with future exposure. A few colleagues can't vaccinate at all because of medical issues.

I got really pissed me off when colleagues started expressing concerns about unvaccinated folks being mandated to wear a mask if vaccinated folks aren't required to mask. After all, unvaccinated folks might have their feelings hurt because a mask would be a"scarlet letter". I don't give a flying fuck about people's feelings and mask mandates. Those with vaccine exemptions for religious and philosophical reasons are making a choice. They can work/learn remotely or wear a fucking scarlet letter.

I don't mind being recognized as the harshest colleague. My positions, including not trusting the unvaccinated to follow loose mask mandates, are backed by science

*I do think more folks will vaccinate because of our mandate. 93% of employees are already vaccinated.

Thank you for reading my book.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

There are all sorts of ways to alleviate the ear issues with masks. T-shirt strips instead of elastic, Around the back of the head instead of around the back of the ears. A monkey from a barrel of monkeys to hook through the ear elastics. A million different button gizmos to hook between the ear loops. I could probably come up with more if I tried.
somerset

Post by somerset »

bill_g wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:07 am
neeneko wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:54 am Oof.

I know vegans who have really had to struggle through the ethical ramifications of medications before, it can be an honestly messy quandary that I do not envy the UK ones having to go through when deciding what to do.
I've met a number of vegans, and like all people, they have a spectrum. They range from no animal products, including leather goods, to simply no commercial hooved meat - fowl and fish are part of their menu.
That's not even vegetarian, let alone vegan.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:shock:

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:57 pm There are all sorts of ways to alleviate the ear issues with masks. T-shirt strips instead of elastic, Around the back of the head instead of around the back of the ears. A monkey from a barrel of monkeys to hook through the ear elastics. A million different button gizmos to hook between the ear loops. I could probably come up with more if I tried.
Agreed. I considered emailing him directly but if he hasn't figured it out in 16 months, pfffff.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I know all about the "don't shame these antivax people" reasoning, but I've come to the conclusion that the only.thing to change their minds is death. I'm sick of being kind and understanding.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:42 pm I know all about the "don't shame these antivax people" reasoning, but I've come to the conclusion that the only.thing to change their minds is death. I'm sick of being kind and understanding.
Right there with you. Being kind and sympathetic and understanding left the building several weeks ago.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He proves he's one of the stupidest men in Congress every time he opens his mouth.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:42 pm I know all about the "don't shame these antivax people" reasoning, but I've come to the conclusion that the only.thing to change their minds is death. I'm sick of being kind and understanding.
Unemployment will hopefully do it for a lot of them.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:34 pm He proves he's one of the stupidest men in Congress every time he opens his mouth.
what would he consider "deadly?"
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20210731_191904.jpg
Image Image Image Image
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Sky News Australia barred for week by YouTube over Covid misinformation”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-58045787

:thumbsup:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:20 pm :snippity:
what would he consider "deadly?"
The Andromeda Strain...
The Simian Flu....
The virus from Outbreak...

:shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:20 pm Estiveoshot_20210731_191904.jpg
OMG! The Zanzibar!! A Toronto landmark. :lol: :lol:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20210801_132315.jpg
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:yeahthat:

I knew some moms like that. ;)
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I was at the grocery store today and noticed mask wearing back up around 90%.
Image Image Image Image
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

+1 to LM K above.

Something I've been working.

Maybe if more people get sick things will change sez the Commissioner.

Re: Dangerous Medince: EFM, CHI-Mercy and Delta Variant

Commissioner Freeman,

Thank you for the prompt reply. You are certainly responsive, the mark of a good political leader.

My concern has never been the vocation or advocacy of Dr. Danhoffer or Douglas Public Health. On the contrary, I applaud their work with the challenges of both a political climate that values a misguided notion of personal freedom vs. the science of public health and a cadre of important local medical professionals who are also contrary to current public health science.

The bully pulpit of which I speak is calling out these local medical professionals for endangering our community (including directly my family).

I'm under the impression you believe in vaccination, maybe even masking. If so, you can relieve Dr. Danhoffer and Douglas Public Health of that untenable burden and I ask you to use the pulpit you occupy to do just that.

Thank you, again, for your service.

Chris Zinda

Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 12:57 PM
To: C Z <Z@outlook.com>
Cc: Tom Kress <kress@co.douglas.or.us>; Chris Boice <boice@co.douglas.or.us>; BOB DANNENHOFFER <bob@DouglasPublicHealthNetwork.org>; Teresa Mutschler <teresa@douglaspublichealthnetwork.org>
Subject: Re: Dangerous Medince: EFM, CHI-Mercy and Delta Variant

Hello

Here are just a few thoughts.

The County Commissioners have sent out over 600 daily updates, press releases and letters about covid.

Before the vaccine was available we asked everyone to follow the public health precautions.

From the moment the vaccines became available we have funded and supported every effort possible to get vaccines available to the most people as close to where they live as possible.

DPHN has no “ bully pulpit”?

If you are taking about the covid updates or Dr Bob’s Facebook lives , that is not really DPHN. Dr Bob works for the County (the County Commissiors) and the updates come from the county. We do use DPHN’s Facebook for the Facebook lives just because it was easier and faster to get set up at the beginning.

I agree with some of your other points of concern.

We live in a country that very much values personal freedoms and all humans possess free will.

The challenge of good information, wrong information and misinformation during the covid 19 pandemic has been profundity different than just a decade ago when H1N1 was the problem.

We at the county are going to continue to make all efforts to have vaccine available at as many locations as possible. We will also continue to offer the most current and accurate local information.

Maybe as the cases effect more and more people there will be a greater desire for vaccines.

Thank you for your insight and be safe.

Tim Freeman

Sent from Tim Freeman

On Aug 1, 2021, at 12:02 PM, C Z <Z@outlook.com> wrote:

Hello.

This is an editorial I've written and submitted to several outlets.

It's sad to say the greatest danger to our community are the doctors.

Thank you.

Chris

Dangerous Medicine

Douglas County now has its highest covid numbers of the pandemic, actual, positivity rate and hospitalizations. It's one of the lowest vaccinated in Oregon and the delta is dominant.

Many Evergreen Family Medicine health care providers (the county's largest) are unvaccinated, CHI-Mercy hospital board member Dr. John Powell (owns EFM with his brother) is anti-mask, and he has publicly been for "natural" herd immunity since the beginning of the pandemic.

I left my now former EFM doctor recently during an appointment, disgusted. After asking, he wasn't vaccinated and said he agreed with Dr. Powell.

I'm immuno-compromised, he's not vaccinated, and never was I told such until I was face to face, putting me at risk. Furthermore, at no point was I asked about my vaccination status.

At least he was masked, a cheap one looking from Costco, and I told him I'm thankful there is a state mask mandate for health care providers, that he's a reason the state needs a vaccination mandate for his profession and, if not, a responsibility to inform patients of their status so they can make an informed choice.

In my view, this major community health network is helping to drive the spread of covid, in part responsible for both our low vaccination rates and high mask resistance, violating their hippocratic oath. People - including our local political leaders - go away saying their doctor is cool with natural herd immunity and may not even be asked about vaccination.

As I left, I told him he's going to be damn busy over the next month, what I thought about their moral and ethical accountability as preventable hospitalizations and deaths mount.

I called Douglas Public Health and told my story, asking for them to address this unsafe situation in private and, if necessary, to use their bully pulpit in public. Because I suspect this is a political situation, I'm also telling you my story.

Now, I must find a new doctor who believes in vaccination and masking, one who believes in science. A practice and hospital that is not a threat to our community.

Chris Zinda
Elkton, Oregon
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I have a decision to make. I am the oldest of 4 kids. The youngest is an idiot and a stupid anti vaxxer/anti masker. My other siblings are not idiots and all have been vaxxed. My parents also got vaxxed but haven't told my youngest sister (the idiot) cuz they don't want to get yelled at by her. Anyway, it will be my Father's 90th birthday in Oct. and there is some family get together planned. I am not comfortable with being around my idiot sister and her family. I'll have to decide in a month or 2 but guess I'll tell her to stay away otherwise I'll stay away.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

scirreeve wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:07 am I have a decision to make. I am the oldest of 4 kids. The youngest is an idiot and a stupid anti vaxxer/anti masker. My other siblings are not idiots and all have been vaxxed. My parents also got vaxxed but haven't told my youngest sister (the idiot) cuz they don't want to get yelled at by her. Anyway, it will be my Father's 90th birthday in Oct. and there is some family get together planned. I am not comfortable with being around my idiot sister and her family. I'll have to decide in a month or 2 but guess I'll tell her to stay away otherwise I'll stay away.
Staying away doesn't make sense. You'll just stay away and permit your 90yo father (and other guests) be exposed to her reckless behavior? It seems maybe you, and the other older sane siblings need to pull rank and elder-status on her and 'splain how it's going to be. End of discussion.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Work with your parents and sane siblings
to tell her it's a mandatory mask party with compulsory proof of vaccination for all attendees...

No proof of full vaccination - no attendance - no exceptions.
Attend and wear a mask..

If she doesn't like that - then to the disease with her...

You and your families safety is more important than her insanity.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”