have you received your vaccine yet?

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Azastan
Verified:

Re: have you received your vaccine yet?

Post by Azastan »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:12 am Operation Get Vaccinated is in full swing. Appointment in Bradenton is 4:15. I leave at 1:30 to allow time for routine delays.

- I have called the CVS and they are allowing the public to use their bathrooms.

- I have a beach towel and ice packed in case my vasovagal kicks in.

- I have a sticky note to remind me: Right Arm.

ETD: 1 h 18 min
Well, did you make it?
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

My partner just got his first jab. He is over 65. I am not but Colorado is opening to over 60 in a few days.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Got my second yesterday My arm is hurting
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I had texted my SIL this morning about my appointment down in their city (1 hour south of the Cities) on Wednesday after not finding any times available in the Cities. She just texted me. Her brother and SIL in the Cities have also been frustrated by the lack of vaccination times up here, but they have now scored appointment times tomorrow at the same Walmart where I'm getting my vaccination on Wednesday. Yay!

I can't believe how excited I am! Life IS going to return to normal at some point. I'll be able to visit relatives. I'll be able to get regular haircuts. I can get my piano tuned! And yes, I'll wear a mask while shopping, etc., but at some point I'll be face to face with relatives and I really miss doing that now.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Turn your air conditioner on. It's going to be hot out. :)
Largo al factotum.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Azastan wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:11 pm
p0rtia wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:12 am Operation Get Vaccinated is in full swing. Appointment in Bradenton is 4:15. I leave at 1:30 to allow time for routine delays.

- I have called the CVS and they are allowing the public to use their bathrooms.

Well, did you make it?
I be vaccinated!

No vasovagal.
No need to show proof of Florida residency.
No discomfort at all.

Woot!
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

My right arm was a bit sore a few hours later. No big deal. I sleep mostly on my left shoulder, so I planned that well. My sense of taste seemed to be dulled yesterday, two days after my vaccination. I hadn't heard of that being a side effect. I'm back to abnormal in all ways now.
Largo al factotum.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:49 pm

Well, did you make it?
I be vaccinated!

No vasovagal.
No discomfort at all.

Woot!

:D
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

I be vaccinated!

No vasovagal.
No discomfort at all.

Woot!
Phew, I bet that was a relief!
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

Well, did you make it?
I be vaccinated!

No vasovagal.
No discomfort at all.

Woot!
Did they schedule your second shot?
Largo al factotum.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

zekeb wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:15 pm
Well, did you make it?
I be vaccinated!

No vasovagal.
No discomfort at all.

Woot!
Did they schedule your second shot?
Yes. Actually they (CVS) set it up when I made the appointment for my first shot. CVS was well organized. I got text messages to remind me. A link to click when I arrived, and boom, I was in for my shot. Instructions had said I would need to show id cards for self and insurance, but I didn't have to--possibly because I have various CVS accounts already, including for prescriptions.
The Montananist

Post by The Montananist »

I got my first, Pfizer, last Friday. No more discomfort than a flu shot. The literature they provided said the 2nd one might have some mild side effects. My son in law said he was fatigued after the second one. I could use the rest.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just got home from the SWFL regional airport where Hubs lucked out and got an appointment. All the neighbors are like, Hey, I had to drive 2-1/2 hours and you got to go to the airport?!?! Don't know how I managed it but I did and, boy, do I appreciate it.

I knew we'd have to cross the river during rush hour and that' always a mess so we left an extra hour early. I wasn't going to risk a bumper thumper tying up traffic on the bridge. Good move, cuz it was pretty ummmm.... foggy this morning.

They were very specific not to arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointment so we hung at the cell phone lot which was about 10 minutes from the vax site. His appt was 9:45 and we pulled up to the gate at exactly 9:30 (Thank you Navigation App. How did I ever survive without you?).

I thought it was a drive-through site so Hubs got into the back seat at the cell phone lot because he wanted it in his left arm. He's not driving yet due to his retina surgery.

(Narrator: It was not a drive-through site).

Anyhoo, it was kind of fun, almost like going to Comicon. People directed you into the parking lot, after verifying your appt time, more people directed you into your space and then onto the check in. Lots of tables. Hubs' name wasn't on the list, which started me panicking but she directed us to the Troubleshooting Table, who found him immediately. I had texts, I had emails, I had QR codes, but, in the end, not needed.

They put two Not-Head bracelets on me, each wrist, so I couldn't try to sneak a shot. (Hubs coined the term, the worker said he was going to steal it). Then we had a long walk to the vaccination tent, similar to the set-up at Space Mountain on the rare days there isn't a line. We brought his paperwork already filled out so he got to go to the front of the line, as others had to stand and answer questions about allergies, review of symptoms, etc. I even brought a list of his meds as they requested but nobody asked for it.

He got his shot, we went to the observation area where we were given an appointment card for three weeks from today, same bat time, same bat channel. After 15 minutes, we were allowed to leave, (they trusted us to watch the clock ourselves). You had to show your 2nd appointment card to leave.

We walked back to the car (which was now closer than where we entered), and pulled out of the parking lot at 10:15. It couldn't have gone better, well, other than the Troubleshooting Desk, but no harm, no foul.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:25 pm
They put two Not-Head bracelets on me, each wrist, so I couldn't try to sneak a shot. (Hubs coined the term, the worker said he was going to steal it).
I’m sorry... I don’t get it.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Two thumbs up! :D
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:52 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:25 pm
They put two Not-Head bracelets on me, each wrist, so I couldn't try to sneak a shot. (Hubs coined the term, the worker said he was going to steal it).
I’m sorry... I don’t get it.
Where I'm from, knot-head is a fairly benign insult, like silly goose.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Indiana just opened up for ages 55 and up. I'm signed up to get my first shot (Moderna) on March 18th at the local Walmart.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Day after report: Vaccination site a little sore--and sore to the touch, too--but that's it.

I, however, am in total relaxation mode for the day. It was crazy how nerved up I got yesterday. I will go back to normal life tomorrow. Today, I goof off.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:15 pm Day after report: Vaccination site a little sore--and sore to the touch, too--but that's it.

I, however, am in total relaxation mode for the day. It was crazy how nerved up I got yesterday. I will go back to normal life tomorrow. Today, I goof off.
I had about the same reaction to shot #1. My second is Friday.
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

I just looked. My local Hy-Vee has slots available all day tomorrow through Saturday.
Largo al factotum.
duck dodgers
Verified: ✅ Until 23,500

Post by duck dodgers »

Oregon says June 1 for me. I am 62.
"You can syndicate any boat you row"
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Got my first Pfizer shot today at a location a half mile from my home. The facility was well staffed and very efficient. While I was there they vaccinated about 100 people. When I left they were up to 900 for the day. The shot was administered by a friendly volunteer MD and was painless.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

I had my 2nd Moderna Fauci Ouchie this past Sunday.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

SuzieC wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:02 pm Got my first Pfizer shot today at a location a half mile from my home. The facility was well staffed and very efficient. While I was there they vaccinated about 100 people. When I left they were up to 900 for the day. The shot was administered by a friendly volunteer MD and was painless.
CVS in Bradenton Fla was tiny. We got our shots over by cosmetics and waited our fifteen minutes in the greeting cards aisle. Two stickers, maximum 24 vaccines an hour for a ten hour day, maximum 240 sticks a day. I got really lucky!
Lani

Post by Lani »

I've got my epipens and have a plan if shits hits the fan, which of course includes having someone to check on my dog if I'm stuck in ER for awhile.

Still waiting for the age requirement to drop from 75+ to 65+. That was supposed to happen in March, but now all hotel workers are next in line instead. Kauai is reopening on April 4 if the workers can be vaccinated by then. OK by me, since I rarely encounter humans these days. And our cases have dropped to a couple per week, all travel related of course.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”