Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus Relief

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Coronavirus Relief

Post by Luke »

Will Miki and Fred Booth and the DL2XIT supporters follow Rick Scott's lead and refuse/return the checks??? Or will they lie online and RUN to the bank? :lol:
'Transformational': Biden begins stimulus sales pitch
Democrats celebrated passage of the $1.9 trillion plan with a Rose Garden event.
By BEN LEONARD 03/12/2021 03:48 PM EST

President Joe Biden and Democratic leaders began their sales pitch in earnest for the sprawling Covid relief package at a triumphant Rose Garden event Friday. A day after Biden delivered a sober prime-time address on his effort to defeat the pandemic, the president joined Vice President Kamala Harris, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer to celebrate enactment of the $1.9 trillion measure. Biden emphasized Friday that he delivered on his promise to pass sweeping Covid relief and said that he views this legislation as merely the beginning of the administration’s efforts. He also praised the party leaders who were his partners in getting it done. “What you shepherded through the Congress not only meets the moment, it does even more,” Biden said. “It’s historical, and they call it transformational.”

The package, which the Biden administration has called the American Rescue Plan, includes $1,400 checks for many Americans, expanded unemployment assistance and funds to help schools reopen and boost vaccination efforts. Biden said it would make a “concrete” impact on the lives of millions of Americans and touted it as the largest investment in child care since World War II. “It changes the paradigm,” Biden added. “For the first time in a long time, this bill puts working people in this nation first.”

Biden is aggressively selling the stimulus package, with plans to travel the country and lay out the package’s benefits in what a senior Biden official called the “Help Is Here Tour.” Administration officials are eager to avoid what they see as the party’s mistake from the past: appearing to let policy speak for itself. But Democrats have also cautioned Biden to not come off as disconnected from those still struggling even as the economy improves. Administration officials, including White House press secretary Jen Psaki, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, all hit the morning television shows Friday to tout the package. Schumer called the legislation the most significant in decades, emphatically repeating that “help is on the way” and praising Biden and Congress for getting the bill through.

Republicans have criticized the package as a liberal wishlist that wasn’t narrowly focused on the coronavirus. Not a single Republican in Congress voted for the bill, but the Biden administration has frequently pointed to polling showing the measure is widely popular among Americans. Pelosi framed the legislation as “unity on behalf of all of the American people.”

In his presidential address Thursday night, Biden discussed the package only briefly and focused more on urging states to make all of the country’s adults eligible for the vaccine by May 1 and mourning all that has been lost during the pandemic. He said he hopes the country is nearer to normal by July 4. “After this long hard year, that will make this Independence Day something truly special,” he said in Thursday’s speech. “Where we not only mark our independence as a nation, but we begin to mark our independence from this virus.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/1 ... tch-475562
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I bet they done ran and lied already.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

I couldn’t resist. :batting:
Attachments
22BCF1F3-5838-45A3-8684-122900367D58.jpeg
22BCF1F3-5838-45A3-8684-122900367D58.jpeg (42.49 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
Lani

Post by Lani »

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

It looks like some banking institutions are accepting the deposits from the Fed but are going to hold on to them until the 17th. Which means they're going to collect a significant amount of interest on that cash.

I thought the system was broken, but this is just blatant.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

bill_g wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 am
zekeb wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:21 pm
There's a "where's my stimulus" web page. Google (Bing) for it. It should show if they tried to deposit it into your checking account the first time. It will list the last four of your account number.
Get-My-Payment
Web page is now up and running. I checked late last night and it shows our stimulus payment as going into our new bank account on March 17.
Il factotum
tek

Post by tek »

Our credit union is cranky about some things, but not this.

When they get money for you, you get the money.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Josh Gerstein
@joshgerstein
Here's State of Ohio suit arguing American Rescue Plan violates Constitution seeking to bar states from using stimulus funds to finance tax cuts. Doc: https://bit.ly/2QaocDv Hearkens back to S Dakota v. Dole and the underreported Medicaid part of 1st Obamacare ruling

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... .1.0_2.pdf
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:46 pm Josh Gerstein
@joshgerstein
Here's State of Ohio suit arguing American Rescue Plan violates Constitution seeking to bar states from using stimulus funds to finance tax cuts. Doc: https://bit.ly/2QaocDv Hearkens back to S Dakota v. Dole and the underreported Medicaid part of 1st Obamacare ruling

I've found the reporting on this case a bit confusing. The State of Ohio stands to receive about $11.2 Billion from the ARP. DeWine has made about $360 million in budget cuts to make up for deficits they are running due to the pandemic. Does the Ohio GOP want the $11.2 Billion with no strings attached, or do they not want it at all? Or do they just want to prevent those "Democrat run cities" from getting the relief money?
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

filly wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:52 pm
Volkonski wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:46 pm Josh Gerstein
@joshgerstein

I've found the reporting on this case a bit confusing. The State of Ohio stands to receive about $11.2 Billion from the ARP. DeWine has made about $360 million in budget cuts to make up for deficits they are running due to the pandemic. Does the Ohio GOP want the $11.2 Billion with no strings attached, or do they not want it at all? Or do they just want to prevent those "Democrat run cities" from getting the relief money?
"Those Democrats are wasting your tax dollars and running up the national debt." As they quietly stash the cash in their treasury.
Il factotum
Lani

Post by Lani »

FEMA Will Provide Financial Assistance for COVID-19 Funeral Expenses
(Thank you, President Biden.)
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought overwhelming grief to many families. At FEMA, our mission is to help people before, during and after disasters. We are dedicated to helping ease some of the financial stress and burden caused by the virus.

Under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, FEMA will provide financial assistance for COVID-19-related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020.

We are working with stakeholder groups to get their input on ways we can best provide this assistance, and to enlist their help with outreach to families and communities. FEMA will begin to implement COVID-19 funeral assistance in April.

Additional guidance is being finalized and will be released to potential applicants and community partners as soon as possible. In the meantime, people who have COVID-19 funeral expenses are encouraged to keep and gather documentation.
https://www.fema.gov/disasters/coronavi ... assistance
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... scue-plan/
A tiny fraction of the Trump administration’s coronavirus relief for American farmers — just 0.1 percent of the overall package — went to Black farmers, according to Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, who was confirmed in February with strong bipartisan support for a second stint in the role.

In an interview with The Washington Post, Vilsack for the first time noted the extent to which the Trump administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic exacerbated existing disparities across the American economy.

The distribution of coronavirus relief increased those gaps, he said.

Black farmers received only $20.8 million of nearly $26 billion in two rounds of payments under the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program announced by the Trump administration last April, he said.

“We saw 99 percent of the money going to White farmers and 1 percent going to socially disadvantaged farmers and if you break that down to how much went to Black farmers, it’s 0.1 percent,” he said. “Look at it another way: The top 10 percent of farmers in the country received 60 percent of the value of the covid payments. And the bottom 10 percent received 0.26 percent.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Ted Deutch, D-FL 22 (Fort Lauderdale) is doing a live virtual town hall now on the CARES Act and American Rescue Plan. Dr. Rachel Levine will be a guest along with IRS. Started at 6:30pm EDT, it'll be archived. It's here:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I got my stimulus payment today.

I'm not a person who needs the check, so I'll just send the money on to the local food shelf. I've been sending them money every month since last April when the need became so great. I'll wait to scale back until after the travel, hotels, restaurants, and entertainment industries start coming back. They're a big part of employment in my suburb (Mall of America, all the hotels along the 494 strip, etc.).
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:23 pm I got my stimulus payment today.

I'm not a person who needs the check, so I'll just send the money on to the local food shelf. I've been sending them money every month since last April when the need became so great. I'll wait to scale back until after the travel, hotels, restaurants, and entertainment industries start coming back. They're a big part of employment in my suburb (Mall of America, all the hotels along the 494 strip, etc.).
I got my Biden Bucks yesterday :guntootin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:23 pm I'm not a person who needs the check, so I'll just send the money on to the local food shelf.
That's as good for the economy as spending it yourself, of course.

The relief checks have a multiplier effect. The food shelf uses it to buy food, and the food suppliers use it to buy fertilizer and equipment, and the fertilizer and equipment people use it to pay for supplies and paychecks, and it spreads throughout the economy.

As long as it doesn't sit in a bank account, it's helping the whole country.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

CT city used COVID relief funds to hire a marching band
West Haven also spent CARES Act funds on holiday decorations, documents show
ANDREW BROWN
NOVEMBER 5, 2021

Federal CARES Act money was used to hire “The Patriot Brass Ensemble” from New York for West Haven’s 2021 Memorial Day parade, documents show. This image is from a video posted on West Haven’s YouTube channel.

West Haven officials spent tens of thousands of dollars in federal COVID relief funding on Christmas decorations, payments to a city councilman’s business — and a marching band that performed at the city’s Memorial Day parade, according to records reviewed by the CT Mirror.

All of those expenditures were paid from the more than $1.1 million in federal CARES Act funding that West Haven received last year, according to city invoices, receipts and payment vouchers.

West Haven’s use of that federal relief funding is already at the center of an ongoing financial scandal. Two West Haven employees, including former state Democratic lawmaker Michael DiMassa, were arrested by the FBI in the past month for allegedly funneling more than $636,000 in federal aid to a shell company they controlled.

The records, which The Mirror obtained through a request under the state’s Freedom of Information Act, document how the city spent the remainder of its CARES Act money.

https://ctmirror.org/2021/11/05/documen ... hing-band/

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”