Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
sterngard friegen

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaccers, Etc.

Post by sterngard friegen »

She's my county supervisor!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Where's a drive by when you need one?
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

neonzx wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:15 pm
zekeb wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:00 pm I know a nuttier RN. She's a trumpista too, which explains it. These nurses who think they know more than a MD or PhD shouldn't be allowed to practice.
I'm not sure what counts as a nursing degree -- she says she got a bachelors (4 years). Is that all it takes?

She does raise some proper legit concerns. Yes, we (collectively) pick up on non-verbal cues more than words. You can't develop those skills if everyone is masked. That's why we are rushing to get these vaccines out. If I can't see your face, I can't trust you. And these kids, need to be kids. I'm not saying she's right, but she has a point.

When I talk to a young child, I remove my face mask.
Also by Neonzx:
I don't want to be in an argument. Um, Saturday,":Joe-Joe" was here with fam for a bar-b-que. I did a fist-bump with him. He's 8 or 9 years old ,, pre-adolescent . No mask on he or me. The elders tend to take precautions. I don't make decisions for the healthcare of children -- the parents were present.
Sigh. Why do you assume that it's your choice to remove your mask to speak with the children of strangers?

Follow the goddamn CDC recommendations. It's that simple. All this bickering about being overprotective of children is irrelevant. You're not forming lasting relationships with these children. Your desires are irrelevant. By removing your mask, you're absolutely making healthcare decisions for children.

Just follow the fucking CDC guidelines like other adults.

If this sounds overly harsh ... so what.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:56 am WHAT are these hand gestures?
Image ImageImage
LM K

Post by LM K »

bob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:01 pm
Those hand gestures are taught at the School for Mean Girls.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

LM K wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:04 pm
bob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:01 pm
Those hand gestures are taught at the School for Mean Girls.
I’m gonna have to look up this “mean girls” thing. That bringing all the fingertips together is creepy.

Awesome accompaniment.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Did she get at least a fine? Attitude. You saw the responding officers were masked-up.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:27 pm Did she get at least a fine? Attitude. You saw the responding officers were masked-up.
Last I saw.
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/20 ... 214617002/

Baned from Nordstrom for a year.
Edit: Her campaign page. https://www.karabellforltisd.com/

She’s into QAnon, natch.

There’s also a Kara Bell who writes propaganda for the Federalist Society, but a different RWNJ.
Edit: She and her family left California for conservative Texas. https://www.karabellforltisd.com/about
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-06/ ... /100120078

Coronavirus face mask prank on YouTube ends with Russian influencer deported from Bali

A Russian influencer has been deported from Bali after posting a video of herself defying mandatory mask-wearing with some imaginative makeup.

Key points:
Indonesia has the highest number of COVID-19 infections in South-East Asia
Leia Se was sent back to Russia on May 5
Josh Paler Lin was not deported because he wore a real face mask at the Bali supermarket

The video, posted online last month, shows Leia Se and YouTuber Josh Paler Lin being refused entry to a Bali supermarket because she doesn't have a mask on.

They return to their car, where they paint a blue surgical mask on her face before walking past the supermarket security guards and wandering around the store.

"Did you notice, like, no-one's actually looking at you?" Mr Lin can be heard saying in the video.

"I can't believe it worked!"

But the video quickly went viral and was seen by Bali authorities, who have struggled for months to curb the spread of COVID-19 so the resort island can reopen to foreign tourists.

They tracked the pair down, interrogated them and threw the Russian woman in detention.

Usually, first-time violators of Bali's mask-wearing rule face fines of $89 for foreigners and deportation after a second offence.

But police told the court they should be kicked off the island immediately.

"We won't tolerate anyone who violates the health protocols to keep Bali safe," the island's Governor, Wayan Koster, said.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:46 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:27 pm Did she get at least a fine? Attitude. You saw the responding officers were masked-up.
Last I saw.
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/20 ... 214617002/

Baned from Nordstrom for a year.
That's one of those punishments that would have no effect on me. I dislike shopping.

Banning me from my local Craft Beer Store, that would cause me pain. They have a better selection than the local grocery stores. (If Chilidog is reading, I don't live close enough to a Binny's to suffer a ban from them).
101010 :towel:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

northland10 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:35 am That's one of those punishments that would have no effect on me. I dislike shopping.

Banning me from my local Craft Beer Store, that would cause me pain. They have a better selection than the local grocery stores. (If Chilidog is reading, I don't live close enough to a Binny's to suffer a ban from them).
Relax ... with all the new coronavirus biz adjustments, your craft beer store will deliver your supply to your doorstep, no contact. ;)
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

I was looking for her United Federation of Planets insignia. ;)

previewfile_1519588889.png
previewfile_1519588889.png (339.44 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
LM K

Post by LM K »

neonzx wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:46 am
Relax ... with all the new coronavirus biz adjustments, your craft beer store will deliver your supply to your doorstep, no contact. ;)
Dispensaries in OR have been delivering since the pandemic began (a handful in my city did so pre-pandemic).

:smoking: :thumbsup:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

A bit off-topic...

“Covid: St Albans cathedral's new carving features facemask”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-57023017
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Uninformed wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:53 pm A bit off-topic...

'And the next civilization (assuming there is one) is going to find this many millennia from now on a geo dig and ask "WTF?" :lol:

northland10

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:02 pm
Uninformed wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:53 pm A bit off-topic...

'And the next civilization (assuming there is one) is going to find this many millennia from now on a geo dig and ask "WTF?" :lol:
People already look at cathedral carvings and wonder, WTF, so masked guy and Washington Cathedral's Darth Vadar will not not increase the confusion.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

For those interested, this is a link to a Google Sheet based list of the batshit crazy Anti-Vaxxer Facebook Groups.

Most are private and you have to join, but 20 or so are not.

There is plenty of crispy goodness (OMG... you would think many of the links to outside videos were parody, but no such luck).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d ... c/htmlview
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:crazy:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
LM K

Post by LM K »

Uninformed wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:14 pm

:crazy:
:rotflmao: I really shouldn't laugh.

I wonder if parents that believe this BS are sending their kiddos back to school. Many schools are requiring that faculty and staff be vaccinated, and now teens are being vaccinated. Even those schools that do not require that faculty and staff be vaccinated are full of vaccinated faculty and staff.

That's a lot if toxic "genetic matter" being shedded.

If only they understood that the shedded material isn't genetic in nature. Or that shedding has any impact on others. Or that none of the Covid vaccines can possibly cause shedding. (Some other vaccines can cause shedding, but that's a science lecture for another day.)
bob

Post by bob »

"HIPPA" being Twitter's long-hanging evergreen.

Passive-aggressive honesty really sticks it to The Man!
Image ImageImage
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Last Thursday I arrived at a dentist appt a half hour early. The new protocols require you wait in your car. So, I turned the opportunity into a thousand steps on the Fitbit by making a loop through an adjacent shopping center. That path had me passing a Hobby Lobby where I got the distinct displeasure of overhearing someone's phone call - on speaker - loudly bragging about how she refuses to be vaccinated, blah blah blah yada yada yada. Ugh.

Heard it all before. She successfully parroted all the antivax talking points. Top marks. No memory loss yet despite her cognitive impairment.

You have no idea how I wished I were a stray dog with a full bladder that I could release on her leg.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

One of the songs this morning at church was (as it fits the themes of the readings as well):

Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est.

Translated basically as:

Where true charity and love abide, God is there.

IMO, God is nowhere near Carl.
Edit: Of course, this is meant as the God found in the Bible. For those of other faiths or no faiths, YMMV.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

LM K wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:43 pm If only they understood that the shedded material isn't genetic in nature. Or that shedding has any impact on others. Or that none of the Covid vaccines can possibly cause shedding. (Some other vaccines can cause shedding, but that's a science lecture for another day.)
I am not a doctor, but I do know that we are all shedding skin cells, all the time. We are usually not in any one place long enough for them to accumulate.

My point is that, even the unvaccinated are shedding genetic material, in the form of the DNA contained in those skin cells. Humans (and all other animals, for that matter), have been doing so for eons, with no apparent ill effects.

The difference between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated is that the unvaccinated may be shedding the Covid-19 virus, in addition to those skin cells. The vaccinated are shedding only skin cells.
LM K

Post by LM K »

I'm tremendously grateful that Pope Francis has instructed Catholics to get vaccinated.*
Pope Francis suggested that people have a moral obligation to receive one of the new coronavirus vaccines as soon as possible, revealing in a new interview that he expects to get his own first dose this week.

"I believe that morally everyone must take the vaccine," the pontiff said in a Jan. 10 interview for Italy's TG5 news program. "It is the moral choice because it is about your life but also the lives of others."

The pope, who said he has already made an appointment with the Vatican's health service for his own inoculation, also lamented that some people are saying they will not take a vaccine.

"I do not understand why some say that this could be a dangerous vaccine," said Francis. "If the doctors are presenting this to you as a thing that will go well and doesn't have any special dangers, why not take it?"

"There is a suicidal denialism that I would not know how to explain but today people must take the vaccine," the pontiff continued.

Francis' remarks are the latest in a series of firm signals to the world's 1.3 billion Catholics that he and the Vatican strongly support the global vaccination effort.

Earlier in December, the Vatican's doctrinal office issued an unusually prompt note saying it is "morally acceptable" for Catholics to take the new vaccines.
:snippity:
*Some Catholic and Protestants refuse to be vaccinated because some vaccines use cells from a fetal cell line. The fetal cell line developed from the cells of 2 fetuses electively aborted, one in 1971, the other in 1985.

The Pfizer and Moderns covid vaccines do not use fetal cell lines in any stage of vaccine development/manufacturing.

Pope Francis has told Catholics that the fetal cell issue is outweighed by our moral obligations to protect ourselves and others from covid.
Edit:
A more specific Vatican announcement
about covid vaccines and fetal cell lines.

Also, no covid vaccines contain fetal cells. Only the J&J and AstraZeneca vaccines used cells from the fetal cell line. Those cells were used only during the research stage of the J&J and AstraZeneca vaccines.
LM K

Post by LM K »

noblepa wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:10 pm
I am not a doctor, but I do know that we are all shedding skin cells, all the time. We are usually not in any one place long enough for them to accumulate.

My point is that, even the unvaccinated are shedding genetic material, in the form of the DNA contained in those skin cells. Humans (and all other animals, for that matter), have been doing so for eons, with no apparent ill effects.

The difference between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated is that the unvaccinated may be shedding the Covid-19 virus, in addition to those skin cells. The vaccinated are shedding only skin cells.
:yeahthat:

Antivaxxers flat out reject science. They believe that vaccine shedding will give others the disease that the vaccine is used against. :brickwallsmall:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”