Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ted Cruz - Rafael Edward "Felito" "Ted" Cruz - Flyin', Lyin' TX Tea Turd

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Rafael Edward "Felito" "Ted" Cruz - Flyin', Lyin' TX Tea Turd

Post by neonzx »

What is this "woke" nonsense that they are using as a weapon? What is wrong with these journalists/commenters? What does it even mean. This idea is to somehow shame those are, quote,"woke: -- is it desperation? Why are they so concerned that people are waking up and wanted to fix some things. What is there damn problem?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

neonzx wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:05 am What is this "woke" nonsense that they are using as a weapon? What is wrong with these journalists/commenters? What does it even mean. This idea is to somehow shame those are, quote,"woke: -- is it desperation? Why are they so concerned that people are waking up and wanted to fix some things. What is there damn problem?
Its the new name for the old conservative boogey man, "Political correctness". They got upset when it was no longer acceptable to tell ethnic jokes, or to tell lurid stories about women.

To them, it was not the jokes or the stories that were the problem. It was the non-acceptance of those jokes that was the problem.

Its the same with "woke". "How dare you ask me to treat other people with respect? It is my god-given right to make fun of people and groups and to discriminate against groups I don't like".
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Somehow
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

It's basically the same "Going against the swamp" shit.

Next step is for the Cruzer to demand assurances from Democrats that they will demand similar then start chirping that Democrats refuse to stop corruption like he does. Then they will be all over the news slamming Dems while they did nothing.

My suggested countermeasure? Dems immediately call bollox on the whole thing, and thank the Cruzer for admitting that companies are talking to HIM about Tax breaks.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I think that Cruz "led" the effort to overturn the election, only in the sense that he objected to certifying an electoral college vote before Hawley did, but only because C comes before H in the alphabet.

Role call votes in the Senate are done alphabetically, are they not?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

By
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
much ado

Post by much ado »

From the Rules of the Senate...
XII VOTING PROCEDURE

1. When the yeas and nays are ordered, the names of Senators shall be called alphabetically; and each Senator shall, without debate, declare his assent or dissent to the question, unless excused by the Senate; and no Senator shall be permitted to vote after the decision shall have been announced by the Presiding Officer, but may for sufficient reasons, with unanimous consent, change or withdraw his vote. No motion to suspend this rule shall be in order, nor shall the Presiding Officer entertain any request to suspend it by unanimous consent.
The Rules can be found at https://www.rules.senate.gov/rules-of-the-senate
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

In that video it's almost, ALMOST, like Cruz realizes that she's not the zany "Ohhh she collects a lot of unicorn stuff" crazy, but rather "We have to go to your place because I ate all the drywall....again" kind of crazy...

Welcome to the world of appealing to the lowest common denominator Teddy...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

couldn't happen to "nicer" idiots
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"As you well know, Senator Cruz, that is a complete distortion of their positions" -- Sen. Blumenthal

(you can then see Cruz walking out of the gun violence hearing)
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Just saw video of him playing on his phone today while Amy Klobuchar was addressing him. Disrespectful and disgusting. He's a pig of the highest order. Sorry for the insult to pigs.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:34 pm Just saw video of him playing on his phone today while Amy Klobuchar was addressing him. Disrespectful and disgusting. He's a pig of the highest order. Sorry for the insult to pigs.
Fun fact! When women are speaking and men play with their phones, it is considered to be a micro aggression that can rise to the level of discrimination against women. (Also works if it happens to a POC.)
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Lani wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:24 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:34 pm Just saw video of him playing on his phone today while Amy Klobuchar was addressing him. Disrespectful and disgusting. He's a pig of the highest order. Sorry for the insult to pigs.
Fun fact! When women are speaking and men play with their phones, it is considered to be a micro aggression that can rise to the level of discrimination against women. (Also works if it happens to a POC.)
Oh, yeah!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Lani wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:24 pm
DFO did this all the time, and it was one of the things that made me the most disgusted. :smokeears:
Lani

Post by Lani »

TFG also refused to have an ASL interpreter when he speechified. EEOC told him to stop it. Deaf associations told him to stop it. Random angry people told him to stop. :mad:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

oh is there a clip for this?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:20 pm
oh is there a clip for this?
I can find plenty of articles, but not the video, except for one place where they won't let me on unless I subscribe, and some other places I'd rather not visit as they talk about how great it was that Cruz did that. If someone has better luck, I'd appreciate it.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Thank you.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:roll:

Lani

Post by Lani »

Cruz is going to Israel "in the coming days" to make everything more better.

I tried to copy it from twitter, but I couldn't handle reading his account. It's crazy land there. I didn't know that Biden has a disaster every day.... destroying Israel... bringing in illegal immigrants to cram the ballot boxes... killing cops... destroying the US....

ETA: Ted Cruz to Visit Israel After Criticizing Joe Biden Leadership During Conflict
https://www.newsweek.com/ted-cruz-visit ... ct-1591824
"In the coming days, I will travel to Israel to assess what they need to protect their national security, which is closely tied to America's national security," Cruz said.

When reached for comment on his impending trip, Cruz' office said they did not disclose his schedule in advance for "security and privacy reasons."
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

Lani wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:33 pm Cruz is going to Israel "in the coming days" to make everything more better.

When reached for comment on his impending trip, Cruz' office said they did not disclose his schedule in advance for "security and privacy reasons."
[/quote]

Is there another power outage in Texas?
Lani

Post by Lani »

Maybe he doesn't like the weather in Texas?

Return to “Current Politics”