2022 GA Senate race - Kelly Loeffler staging a comeback?

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

2022 GA Senate race - Kelly Loeffler staging a comeback?

Post by raison de arizona »

Loeffler meets with McConnell amid speculation of another Senate run

Former Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) met with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Wednesday amid speculation that she could mount another bid against Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) next year.

The meeting, first reported by CNN and confirmed to The Hill by a person familiar, comes after Loeffler in February said a 2022 bid against Warnock is “certainly on the table.”
:snippity:
Asked by CNN on Wednesday about another Senate run, Loeffler said, “I haven’t ruled it out.”

When asked why she was meeting with McConnell, she told the network, “I’m updating the leader on the situation in Georgia.”

Eyes are on Loeffler to see if she ultimately decides to take on Warnock, especially after two top-tier potential candidates, former Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.) and former Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.), ruled out launching their own bids.
:snippity:
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... senate-run
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: 2022 GA Senate race - Kelly Loeffler staging a comeback?

Post by Frater I*I »

Insider Trading Barbie has a steep hill to climb, natives here don't like carpet baggers, her only connection to GA is the fact she married a man 15 years her senior who's from here. [I'm not saying she a gold digger, but...she's a gold digger...]
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Current Politics”