The grand "Kamala will take over from Joe" conspiracy

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
gshevlin2

The grand "Kamala will take over from Joe" conspiracy

Post by gshevlin2 »

Having failed to gain any traction with their idea that Kamala Harris is not eligible (although the flotsam and jetsam on social media mention it, they seldom provide any evidence for the argument these days, or they flounce off in a huff), the GOP and Cloudcuckooland partisans have moved onto the next Conspiracy of the Year.
This conspiracy plays into their claim that Biden has dementia, using the idea that he is merely a seat-warmer. They claim that before the mid-terms, Biden will retire/resign/be removed from office (it varies according to which person is writing, and the phases of the moon, or some such) and Kamala will SHAZAM! take over and then run for 2 more terms herself.
This is now an article of faith among the conspiracy theorists. When I ask for, you know, evidence, I get crickets or the usual conspiracy-addled babblings along the lines of "we know this is a fact and you are a stupid naive member of the sheeple etc. etc.".
We're going to see this nonsense all the time until the 2022 elections.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: The grand "Kamala will take over from Joe" conspiracy

Post by raison de arizona »

gshevlin2 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:37 am We're going to see this nonsense all the time until the 2022 elections.
Oh ye of little faith.

We're going to see it after that too. Also.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

This may be related to something my conspiracy-minded nephew posted to Facebook a few weeks ago. He pointed out how every time Biden is on TV, the VP is with him, which makes one wonder if Biden is acting as a "puppet."

I replied with something along the lines of "What the hell are you talking about?" He answered it wasn't just him, "lots of people" have noticed this.

I did a *very brief* search to see if this was actually a thing, and found nothing to indicate that it was. I gave up after a couple of minutes because I will devote only so much time to such stupidity.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m sure that, based on MAGAts tunnel-like vision, he says that because the ONLY pics he’s seen -sorry, been fed - are those.

How often was Pence with… never mind, megalomaniacs don’t like to share stages.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

My response, just to fuck with them, would be, “You say that like it’s a bad thing.”

Remember, these ppl thought JFK jr was going to replace Pence.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:42 am My response, just to fuck with them, would be, “You say that like it’s a bad thing.”

Remember, these ppl thought JFK jr was going to replace Pence.
Thought? Still think. I've seen plenty of folks promising a Trump/JFK Jr. ticket for 2024. The zombie ticket, I guess.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Jim

Post by Jim »

Notaperson wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:23 am This may be related to something my conspiracy-minded nephew posted to Facebook a few weeks ago. He pointed out how every time Biden is on TV, the VP is with him, which makes one wonder if Biden is acting as a "puppet."

I replied with something along the lines of "What the hell are you talking about?" He answered it wasn't just him, "lots of people" have noticed this.

I did a *very brief* search to see if this was actually a thing, and found nothing to indicate that it was. I gave up after a couple of minutes because I will devote only so much time to such stupidity.
Tell him it doesn't make any sense considering Trump will be back in the WH come August according to Trump. Unless he thinks Kamala will be replacing Trump.

They really hate it when their lies are used against their lies.
bob

Post by bob »

To be fair, many many people believed Pence was going to invoke the 25th, despite the lack of evidence that he intended to.

It is unsurprising that Biden's gaffes also get the covfefe treatment.

But I get there's a material difference between the possibility that Biden might not serve a full term and it was the plan all along for Biden never to serve a full term.
Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Notaperson wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:23 am This may be related to something my conspiracy-minded nephew posted to Facebook a few weeks ago. He pointed out how every time Biden is on TV, the VP is with him, which makes one wonder if Biden is acting as a "puppet."

How many times was Mike Pence sleeping in the background while former impotus was hyperventilating?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

gshevlin2 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:37 am Having failed to gain any traction with their idea that Kamala Harris is not eligible (although the flotsam and jetsam on social media mention it, they seldom provide any evidence for the argument these days, or they flounce off in a huff), the GOP and Cloudcuckooland partisans have moved onto the next Conspiracy of the Year.
This conspiracy plays into their claim that Biden has dementia, using the idea that he is merely a seat-warmer. They claim that before the mid-terms, Biden will retire/resign/be removed from office (it varies according to which person is writing, and the phases of the moon, or some such) and Kamala will SHAZAM! take over and then run for 2 more terms herself.
This is now an article of faith among the conspiracy theorists. When I ask for, you know, evidence, I get crickets or the usual conspiracy-addled babblings along the lines of "we know this is a fact and you are a stupid naive member of the sheeple etc. etc.".
1: I'm failing to see is downside in Harris becoming president... :shrug:

2: The conspiracy nutters can't even get their facts straight: The only way Harris could become president, THEN run for 2 terms is if Biden resigns the office on or after 21JAN23, a few months after the midterms :bored:

3: I still fail to see a downside in the above :batting:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Donnie went all in on this on Hannity...
No, it's terrible Sean, I mean it's a, it's a, frankly it's an embarrassment. It's no longer the Biden HARRis administration, it's the Biden HEIRess administration because it's only a matter of time, until she takes over which could be just as bad.

Harris - Heiress - get it? He's a clever one.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Said by he who would be nothing without daddy's money.
101010 :towel:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

northland10 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:02 pm Said by he who would be nothing without daddy's money.
Its a family tradition. His daddy would be nothing without HIS daddy's money.
gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:19 pm
gshevlin2 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:37 am Having failed to gain any traction with their idea that Kamala Harris is not eligible (although the flotsam and jetsam on social media mention it, they seldom provide any evidence for the argument these days, or they flounce off in a huff), the GOP and Cloudcuckooland partisans have moved onto the next Conspiracy of the Year.
1: I'm failing to see is downside in Harris becoming president... :shrug:

2: The conspiracy nutters can't even get their facts straight: The only way Harris could become president, THEN run for 2 terms is if Biden resigns the office on or after 21JAN23, a few months after the midterms :bored:

3: I still fail to see a downside in the above :batting:
The downside, not verbalized (of course) is that Dementia Joe will be replaced by a person who is...Not White Enough.
bob

Post by bob »

gshevlin2 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:16 pm The downside, not verbalized (of course) is that Dementia Joe will be replaced by a person who is...Not White Enough.
:fingerwag:

Many of the same nutters also say Harris is ineligible, so hello! President Pelosi!

The real gunners also believe Pelosi is incompetent, so hello! President Grassley!
Image ImageImage
gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

I tend to assume that "lots of people" in this context usually means "me and my cousin who hangs out at that True Americans Facebook group"
I always ask who these "lots of people" are, where they are to be found and how does he know all about them (which, BTW, any interviewer should ask as a matter of course whenever a politician starts gabbling with "lots of people" or the classic "people are saying").
gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

bob wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:20 pm
gshevlin2 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:16 pm The downside, not verbalized (of course) is that Dementia Joe will be replaced by a person who is...Not White Enough.

Many of the same nutters also say Harris is ineligible, so hello! President Pelosi!

The real gunners also believe Pelosi is incompetent, so hello! President Grassley!
They are not going to think more than 1 move ahead, because they all secretly believe that Trump can/should/will be re-installed as POTUS. I have read lots of people saying they are looking forward to August 15th. They do believe that Trump will automagically be re-inaugurated in August.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

gshevlin2 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:29 pm

They are not going to think more than 1 move ahead, because they all secretly believe that Trump can/should/will be re-installed as POTUS. I have read lots of people saying they are looking forward to August 15th. They do believe that Trump will automagically be re-inaugurated in August.
Who are these "lots of people", where they are to be found and how do you know all about them?
much ado

Post by much ado »

I do enjoy reading the Freepers squabble about whether Trump will be reinstated in August. There are some true believers here...

Free Republic: Trump said the GOP will take back the White House 'sooner than you think' amid reports he believes he will be 'reinstated' in August
gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:39 pm
gshevlin2 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:29 pm

Who are these "lots of people", where they are to be found and how do you know all about them?
Ah. Somebody using my rhetoric against me. :batting:
I think if you do a search with the appropriate criteria on Birdsite you will soon find a lot of tweets where Trump partisans warble excitedly about "August". That was where I found the first warblers about a month ago claiming that August 15th was The Great Day. I remember reading them at the time thinking "these guys are in Lalaland". Here is one tweet that talks about Politico having done some sort of poll of GOP voters:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So a new Politico-Morning Consult pool found that 3 in 10 Republicans think Trump will be reinstated. I&#39;m inclined to say the problem is a lack of education. But we&#39;ve seen, w/ the mind-degrading drumbeat of propaganda (Fox, Newsmax, etc.), even educated people can be hypnotized.
bob

Post by bob »

gshevlin2 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:00 pm I think if you do a search with the appropriate criteria on Birdsite
Birdsite's search function is a troll's best friend. :evil:
Image ImageImage
gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

bob wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:04 pm
gshevlin2 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:00 pm I think if you do a search with the appropriate criteria on Birdsite
Birdsite's search function is a troll's best friend. :evil:
I mostly use it to find out how often a specific tweet is being repeated by bots and sockpuppets.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

covfefe wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:37 pm Donnie went all in on this on Hannity...
I attempted to watch the video but listening to him speak is very much like listening to fingernails on a blackboard, you can only take so much... :roll:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I pointed that out to somebody a few months back and I thought their head was gonna explode. And I couldn't see the downside of that either.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bob

Post by bob »

keith wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:28 pmI pointed that out to somebody a few months back and I thought their head was gonna explode. And I couldn't see the downside of that either.
To be the fly on the smoked-filled backroom where The Powers That Be decided 87-year-old Grassley was an acceptable figurehead while 78-year-old Biden and 81-year-old Pelosi were not. :think:

But kudos to the backroom for predicting retaking the Senate! :towel:
Image ImageImage

Return to “Current Politics”