Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Mike Nearman: Oregon lawmaker charged for helping armed protesters at OR capital

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Mike Nearman: Oregon lawmaker charged for helping armed protesters at OR capital

Post by LM K »

Mike Nearman, an OR state lawmaker, helped organize and armed "protest" group to enter the OR capital building ... AND opened the door for armed "protesters" to enter the capital building.

And yes, there's video. (See end of post.)

Video appears to show Rep. Mike Nearman explaining how he’ll open the Oregon Capitol ahead of protests
Days before he allowed right-wing demonstrators into the locked state Capitol, Oregon Rep. Mike Nearman told a gathering of citizens he would let them into the building if they texted him, a new video suggests.

The video posted on YouTube with a stamp saying it was streamed live in Dec. 16, features Nearman, a Polk County Republican, talking about something called “Operation Hall Pass.”

“Which I don’t know anything about, and if you accuse me of knowing anything about it, I will deny it,” Nearman says in the video.

Nearman continues, saying, “There might be some person’s number which might be [his cell phone number], but that is just random numbers... that’s not anybody’s actual cell phone. And if you say, ‘I’m at the West entrance’ during the session and text to that number there, that somebody might exit that door while you’re standing there.”

Nearman did not immediately respond when asked for comment via text message.

But those words exactly describe what Nearman did five days later, when he exited the Capitol via the entrance to a vestibule on the west side of the building, allowing right-wing demonstrators to enter. A standoff with police followed shortly thereafter.

:snippity:
Several seconds later, Nearman says, “so, we’re talking about setting up ‘Operation Hall Pass.’”

Nearman also appears to consult members of the audience about what day would be better for people to show up.

“If people were to show up at the Capitol, hypothetically speaking, would it be better to do it during the week or the weekends?” a man in the audience asks.

It’s at 8:29 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 21 -- apparently just five days after the video date-- that security footage captures Nearman walking out of a door of the Oregon Capitol, into a crowd protesting the COVID-19 restrictions.

Video appears to show GOP Oregon lawmaker telling protesters how to enter closed state Capitol
Rep. Mike Nearman, a Republican, appears in a 78-minute video in which he is speaking to an unidentified audience about steps to take to set up "Operation Hall Pass," according to a clip reported by Oregon Public Broadcasting that is posted on YouTube and says it was streamed on December 16, 2020.

He then begins to detail how to possibly get access into the building and whom to call.

He continues, "Make sure to say what entrance you're at, too," and then a woman can be heard asking Nearman to repeat the number again. Nearman then says, "Yeah, I didn't really say a number, but if I were to say a number it might have been something like ... and you'd have to say what entrance you're at, but that's not really going to happen so just don't worry about that, nobody said anything."

Nearman then goes into a variety or scenarios, but says, "so Wednesday at 10 o'clock in the morning, that's when I am working at the Capitol, theoretically, if there's a session going on."

Protesters were not able to enter the main chamber, but there was a physical confrontation with officers during which Oregon State Police said, "a protester sprayed some kind of chemical irritant."

Nearman was charged with first-degree official misconduct and second-degree criminal trespass, according to court records. A charging document obtained by Oregon Public Broadcasting accuses Nearman of "unlawfully and knowingly perform(ing) an act which constituted an unauthorized exercise of his official duties, with intent to obtain a benefit or to harm another."

Early this year, in a statement reported by The Oregonian, Nearman said he was subjected to "mob justice," does not condone violence and said the Capitol building is constitutionally required to remain open to the public.
Yep, Nearman is a victim!! (Too bad he likely didn't know about the video.)

Every OR Repub lawmaker has "strongly recommended" that Nearman resign. If Nearman refuses to resign, I'm certain he will be expelled from the OR legislature.

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
scirreeve

Re: Mike Nearman: Oregon lawmaker charged for helping armed protesters at OR capital

Post by scirreeve »

Sounds like he is about to be expelled. Good riddance if it happens.
scirreeve

Re: Mike Nearman: Oregon lawmaker charged for helping armed protesters at OR capital

Post by scirreeve »

Ammo's army shows up - sounds like a shit show.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Here is BJ's stupid "CALL OUT". Poor turnout for the seditionist. Also too, I don't see Bruce Joseph in any of these videos.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (89.78 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Bye bye poot. I will stop posting about this now.
The Oregon House voted 59-1 Thursday to expel Rep. Mike Nearman, the first time it had ejected a sitting representative.

That means his seat representing a rural district west of Salem will likely sit vacant for the remainder of the legislative session, which must wrap up by June 27.

Lawmakers removed Nearman because he let far-right demonstrators, some of whom were heavily armed, into the Capitol on Dec. 21 while lawmakers were holding a special session. Surveillance video captured Nearman opening a door and exiting the building, stepping aside so that demonstrators waiting at the entrance could quickly slip into the building. The demonstrators clashed with police who attempted to expel them from the building and allegedly sprayed police with bear mace.
https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/202 ... pitol.html
Lani

Post by Lani »

Nice to read that something has gone right! (Right meaning well.) 59-1!!!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Delarin
Verified: ❌ This is not the Delarin you're looking for.

Post by Delarin »

The one "no" vote was from....wait for it...Mike Nearman :rotflmao:
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Delarin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:05 am The one "no" vote was from....wait for it...Mike Nearman :rotflmao:
Ha ha.
filly

Post by filly »

Why does the thread title say this idiot was "charged?" Linky?
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

filly wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:56 am Why does the thread title say this idiot was "charged?" Linky?
https://www.opb.org/article/2021/04/30/ ... ol-breach/
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I lied about not posting about this again. House District 23 is vacant.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

HA HA - I can't stop posting about this idiot even though I said that I would.
filly

Post by filly »

scirreeve wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:08 am
filly wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:56 am Why does the thread title say this idiot was "charged?" Linky?
https://www.opb.org/article/2021/04/30/ ... ol-breach/
Thanks!
Talks2Eagles2

Post by Talks2Eagles2 »

:violin: So a sad defeat 4 a rabid, and obviously radicalized Republican. Pitiful sized crowd that came to support him late this afternoon. ... So glad the OR Legislature took the committee's recommendation to expel Nearlman :thumbsup: this evening on June 10th. If they had waited until tomorrow, June 11th, there would have been time 4 Ammon the Profit to mobilize his odd-ball "patriot" forces. We will all hopefully, be spared the spectacle of dozens of pick-up trucks dragging Gadston, Confederate & Trump flags around & aroound the Capitol. Others would have been out on the steps shouting while others would be out brandishing their weapons and militia swag. We would have seen some misspelled posters and jerks like KKRazyKell &Sir Bruce the butcher posing & provoking the news crews--such clowns seem too often, to find some way to gain access to a microphone by engaging reporters... Like Amhole Bundy, they are Veterans for attention seeking actions....and ANY new "cause"will do. Since the pandemic is winding down & the Klamath water canal valve has not issued their next stand-off call to action, Nearman might have gotten them on TV or in the newspapers. June 11th should be back to business as usual.in the Capitol, as they quickly closed the door for ever on a man who endangered the lives of others with his selfish urge to assist a mob of violent RWNJ's with bear spray into the building; which was closed for health reasons.Good riddance Nearman. Bon voyage Mr. Sedition & back to Independence, Oregon.. P.S. You probably will never be the topic of a jeopardy question.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:fivestar:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

His operation should have been called "Hall Pass and get Expel."
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.

Return to “Current Politics”