Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

COPS behaving badly

LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Re: COPS behaving badly

Post by LM K »

From 2 weeks ago.

Video of Lindani Myeni moments before officer-involved shooting
Newly released video offers a new perspective of the officer-involved shooting that killed 29-year old Lindani Myeni.

His family's attorney Jim Bickerton made the video captured on a Ring doorbell security system available to the public, claiming it supports his argument that the shooting was unjustified.

But another lawyer said the video is misleading.

Scot Brower -- the attorney for the homeowner and two tenants Myeni followed into their Nuuanu vacation rental house on April 14, said Myeni claimed he lived there.

"The video that's being shown is very deceptive. It makes it appear as if this guy was there for a very brief period of time. That's not true," Brower said.

Myeni is heard on the newly released video saying he knew the couple staying at the property. Brower said he began moving things around in the house.

"He went into that house and he was rummaging and they were trying to get him to leave."

Bickerton has said Myeni was likely searching for the Hare Krishna temple next door. But Brower doesn't believe that.

"At no time did he say, 'Is this the temple? Is this the Hare Krishna temple?' Never came up."

In the video Myeni is seen taking off his shoes before entering the house shortly after 8 p.m. He comes out less than 40 seconds later and stands by the doorway as the woman in the home talks to someone about a break-in.

She is then heard on a 911-call. Myeni begins apologizing to the woman and leaves the house.

Just minutes later he was shot during a scuffle with police and died from multiple gun wounds. The Honolulu Police Department said they were responding to a burglary call. HPD earlier released snippets of body cam video.

Ken Lawson, co-director of the Hawaii Innocence Project. said the video raises questions about HPD's narrative.

"He wasn't violent, he wasn't trying to hurt anybody," Lawson said. "He wasn't loud, he wasn't boisterous. He wasn't dangerous whatsoever."
Myeni was in the house for 5 minutes.
*He never asked about the temple.
*He was rummaging through the house, claiming he lived there.
*He told the people present that he had video of them. :shock:
*He caimed to be on a hunt. :shock:
*He asked to see one of the people's cell phones. :shock:
* He refused to leave the house after being asked to leave repeatedly.
*He refused to leave the house after being warned that that the woman was going to call police.

* = creepy

I suspect this:
While the family says they release unaltered ring video, I think they released only Myeni entering the house and leaving the house without showing or stating how much time passed between Myeni's entry and exit. Ring only records when motion is detected. It stops recording if no movement is present.

They've been claiming, even after seeing the ring videos, that Myeni left the house immediately. They know that's not true.

That's really disturbing to me. Myeni's family's lawyer flat out lied to manipulate public opinion about what exactly the ring videos showed.* Yes, the ring videos showed that Myeni wasn't violent when he entered and exited the house. The ring videos also showed that Myeni stayed in the house for 5 minutes.

The video released by the family states that Myeni was in the house only 40 seconds. Yet, their video makes it look like he was in the house less than 10 seconds. Hmmm. Why the discrepancies?

That lie about the ring video being unaltered forces me to question Myeni's wife's comments about that night. I don't like doubting loved ones.

*Investigators definitely had the ring videos.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Lani

Post by Lani »

From the article,
In the video Myeni is seen taking off his shoes before entering the house shortly after 8 p.m. He comes out less than 40 seconds later and stands by the doorway as the woman in the home talks to someone about a break-in.

She is then heard on a 911-call. Myeni begins apologizing to the woman and leaves the house.

Just minutes later he was shot during a scuffle with police and died from multiple gun wounds. The Honolulu Police Department said they were responding to a burglary call. HPD earlier released snippets of body cam video.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Lani wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:32 am From the article,

They are referring to the video released by the family, which has, without a doubt, been edited to give the impression that Myeni wasn't in the house long. He went into the kitchen!

As explained above, ring cameras only record when it detects movement (I researched ring recorders earlier today.) The family combined the video, and did not say that there is was a break in recording. They lied about doing so. If I remember correctly, investigators had the ring videos within 24 hours of the shooting.

I encourage you to read my commentary about the new articles. You're ignoring 100% of the new info. For 2 months you've relied on unsupported speculation. Those speculative claims have been put to rest.

This situation is horrific. I wish Myeni hadn't been shot. I wish he hadn't attacked officers. I wish the officers announced that they were police. I wish non-lethal means had worked.

Imo, Myeni gave the officers no choice. When he was shot, he was sitting on an officer's chest. The officers announced the taser before using it. Non-lethal methods didn't work. One of the officers remains on medical leave more than 2 months after the incident. What choice did the officers have once Myeni attacked them?

There are no winners here.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Lani wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:32 am From the article,

https://www.civilbeat.org/2021/06/honol ... justified/

The wife's attorney left out the part about him following the couple back to their house, tailgating them there. She had every reason to be scared before she ever got out of the car, much less after he went in the house with them.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Cleveland, Ohio. Who would ever think this was funny? Apparently the Police Chief who is now out of a job. Chief arranges rain jacket like a KKK hood, and just in case, adds a Ku Klux Klan label on it. Video.

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2021/07 ... ZjnCAX84L4
Jim

Post by Jim »

The things some police do to keep from being recorded...

Cop Played Taylor Swift Song Hoping YouTube’s Copyright System Would Block BLM Protestor’s Video, Ploy Backfires
On June 29, BLM protesters gathered at the Alameda Country courthouse in Oakland, Calif., before a pretrial hearing for Jason Fletcher, a former police officer charged with murdering Steven Taylor, a Black man, inside a Walmart store in 2020.

As captured on video, an officer from the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office confronted one of the protestors, James Burch of the Anti Police-Terror Project (APTP), to demand Burch remove his group’s banner. Burch questioned why the banner needed to be moved — before the cop takes out his mobile phone and starts playing the Swift song.

Burch, confused, says, “Are we having a dance party now?” The officer eventually admits, “You can record all you want. I just know it can’t be posted to YouTube.” Later, the officer, identified as Sgt. David Shelby, reiterates to Burch, “I’m playing my music so that you can’t post on YouTube.”

The video, available at this link, has been viewed more than 170,000 times since it was shared Thursday.

:snippity:

The department does not have a policy about “whether you can play Taylor Swift or music in an attempt to censor YouTube content from a public encounter,” spokesman Sgt. Ray Kelly said. However, he said, the sheriff’s office does not “condone” the actions of the deputy and added that “there is a code of conduct on how we should carry ourselves in public.”
LM K

Post by LM K »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:12 pm Cleveland, Ohio. Who would ever think this was funny? Apparently the Police Chief who is now out of a job. Chief arranges rain jacket like a KKK hood, and just in case, adds a Ku Klux Klan label on it. Video.

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2021/07 ... ZjnCAX84L4
Omg. That is disgusting.

The mayor went in to fire Campos. Campos resigned instead. He's been with the dept for 33 years. I'm sure he resigned so he could keep his pension.

Campos waited in the hallway to watch the black officer see his coat and note. Then Campos went in and, if I understood the article correctly, told the black officer it was "just a prank".

:mad2:
LM K

Post by LM K »

Jim wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:24 pm The things some police do to keep from being recorded...

Cop Played Taylor Swift Song Hoping YouTube’s Copyright System Would Block BLM Protestor’s Video, Ploy Backfires
On June 29, BLM protesters gathered at the Alameda Country courthouse in Oakland, Calif., before a pretrial hearing for Jason Fletcher, a former police officer charged with murdering Steven Taylor, a Black man, inside a Walmart store in 2020.

As captured on video, an officer from the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office confronted one of the protestors, James Burch of the Anti Police-Terror Project (APTP), to demand Burch remove his group’s banner. Burch questioned why the banner needed to be moved — before the cop takes out his mobile phone and starts playing the Swift song.

Burch, confused, says, “Are we having a dance party now?” The officer eventually admits, “You can record all you want. I just know it can’t be posted to YouTube.” Later, the officer, identified as Sgt. David Shelby, reiterates to Burch, “I’m playing my music so that you can’t post on YouTube.”

The video, available at this link, has been viewed more than 170,000 times since it was shared Thursday.

The department does not have a policy about “whether you can play Taylor Swift or music in an attempt to censor YouTube content from a public encounter,” spokesman Sgt. Ray Kelly said. However, he said, the sheriff’s office does not “condone” the actions of the deputy and added that “there is a code of conduct on how we should carry ourselves in public.”
I love it when idiots think they're clever!

Ah ... Schadenfreude!
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's the video of it, 230K views on YouTube now:

Variety's story about it: https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/p ... 235010756/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Almost 232K views now.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

“Are we having a dance party now?”

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :groupdance: :groupdance: :groupdance: :ymca: :ymca: :ymca:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Woman faces a year in prison for stomping a ‘Back the Blue’ sign and ‘smirking in an intimidating manner’
The woman was charged with a hate crime enhanced allegation.

A 19-year-old woman was charged with a hate crime after allegedly “stomping on a ‘Back the Blue’ sign” at a gas station in Panguitch.

According to the affidavit of probable cause, a Garfield County police officer was conducting a traffic stop for speeding at a gas station when the officer saw a woman “stomping on a ‘Back the Blue’ sign next to where the traffic stop was conducted, crumble it up in a destructive manner and throw it into a trash can all while smirking in an intimidating manner towards me.”
According to the affidavit, the allegations are being treated as a “hate crime enhanced allegation” due to “the demeanor displayed by [the woman] in attempts to intimidate law enforcement while destroying a ‘Pro Law Enforcement’ sign.”

The Utah Code states a person who commits any primary offense — such as misdemeanor property destruction — with the intent to “intimidate or terrorize another person or with reason to believe that his action would intimidate or terrorize that person” is subject to a class B misdemeanor primary offense becoming a class A misdemeanor.

The code also defines “intimidate or terrorize” as “an act which causes the person to fear for his physical safety or damages the property of that person or another.” According to the code, the act “must be accompanied with the intent to cause or has the effect of causing a person to reasonably fear to freely exercise or enjoy any right secured by the Constitution or laws of the state or by the Constitution or laws of the United States.”

The woman faces up to a year in prison or a fine of up to $2,500.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/tx ... ar-AAM3UAJ
Tx. Cop Who Allegedly Told Fellow Officer to Shoot Handcuffed Suspect Charged with Aggravated Assault
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

And then there is repeat killer cop in Utah. This one, a handcuffed, obviously mentally unstable suspect shot almost.point blank in the head inside the police station.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/arti ... NChRwNuPNw
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

In case you missed it, the "supervisor" tells the man, "Nobody's dead", and walks away. And there it is, folks.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Fact check: Man detained in Rochester, Minnesota is not an FBI agent
Examples of the social media posts can be seen here and here . The posts feature a video of a black man wearing a red t-shirt getting handcuffed by two white police officers. The man questions the actions of the police throughout (here). A second clip appears to show the moments leading up to the handcuffing, with the same man saying again, “you’re assuming I’m someone I’m not” and claiming the officers are racially profiling him in a case of mistaken identity. In neither video are there audible conclusions or details revealed about the man’s profession. The officers look at the man’s ID inside his wallet during the video.

Various posts on social media concluded the man was secretly an FBI agent. However, the Rochester (MN) Police Department confirmed to Reuters via email that, “Contrary to social media rumors, the individual was not a Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) agent.” The department said: “During the brief detention, identification was located showing he was not the individual the officers knew had a warrant. The individual was immediately released.“ Rochester Police also confirmed that the incident took place on June 1, 2019. A press release from the RPD on the exchange is visible here .
raison de arizona

You can't trust anything anymore. :bag:

Still,
Jim

Post by Jim »

'May the farce be with you'
LM K

Post by LM K »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:35 am In case you missed it, the "supervisor" tells the man, "Nobody's dead", and walks away. And there it is, folks.
:yeahthat:
wavey davey

Post by wavey davey »

Image Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Not behaving badly yet, but there's a lot of potential here.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Suspect ran when he saw one officer put a glove on for a roadside cavity search. Warrantless cavity searches are illegal in Texas.

Houston Police Officer Indicted For Aggravated Assault After 2019 Arrest

A former Houston police officer
was indicted by a Harris County grand jury Friday over a 2019 incident in which the officer allegedly beat a man over the head with a pair of handcuffs during an arrest.

Lucas Vieira, 31, was indefinitely suspended in April, and is now facing a felony charge of aggravated assault by a public servant.

The indictment was confirmed by the Harris County District Attorney’s Office on Monday.

A short segment of body camera footage shows Vieira and HPD officer Thomas Serrano chase after Aundre Howard, 34, who allegedly ran from the officers after being pulled over and handcuffed during a traffic stop on the night of July 7, 2019.

During the 23-second body camera video, Vieira can be heard commanding Serrano to shoot Howard twice, and yelling “BOP BOP BOP BOP” as they ran.

After catching up with Howard, Viera can be seen beating Howard in the back of the head with what appears to be a set of handcuffs, before pulling Howard to the ground.

According to the lawsuit, Howard was handcuffed and excessively searched before the chase began. Once apprehended, officers allegedly slammed Howard onto the hood of a squad car, and pulled his pants down, revealing that Howard had defected himself during the incident out of fear, according to court documents.

The suit says Vieira had allegedly bragged about what he had done when more officers arrived on the scene.
Two interesting articles about warrantless body cavity searches and
roadside strip searches
raison de arizona

Fuck that cop. I hope they find more things to charge him with and that he goes to jail for a long time.

I really wish we could just regularly fire and punish cops who engage in blatant wrong doing, but it takes something like this for anything to happen. It screws everything up for the vast majority of cops who aren't engaging in warrantless body cavity searches, etc.

And also that other cops would stop covering up for them, that culture has to stop.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”