Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

COPS behaving badly

RVInit

Re: COPS behaving badly

Post by RVInit »

He pleaded guilty to a single charge, max 10 years. He's now a former deputy. I love that he's a felon now and can't vote.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-mdga/pr/fo ... on-violent
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Lani wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:02 am Long, horrible thread. But no surprises for us!

https://twitter .com/nate_thayer/status/1387807451676909573
Wilkenson Co....

Right next door to the one I live in... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

This is old, but I don’t remember seeing video.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Minneapolis police wear light over dark blue uniforms. That is military.

eta: The guys in light over dark brown uniforms are most likely Hennepin County deputies.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:36 pm This is old, but I don’t remember seeing video.
https://twitter.com/motherjones/status ... 23264?s=21
I do remember seeing the reporting and video when it happened. Slashing tires. "Protect and Serve" is bullshit.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:15 pm Minneapolis police wear light over dark blue uniforms. That is military.

eta: The guys in light over dark brown uniforms are most likely Hennepin County deputies.
Minnesota Department of Safety and Anoka County Sheriff. Apparently, the instructions came from the multiagency command center.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/918932/m ... s-protests
101010 :towel:
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Thankfully, these three are now unemployed BAD cops!

3 Loveland officers involved in Karen Garner arrest are no longer with the department
LOVELAND, Colo. — Three Loveland police officers involved in the arrest of Karen Garner, a 73-year-old woman with dementia, are no longer employed by the police department, police officials announced on Friday.

Officers Austin Hopp and Daria Jalali, and Tyler Blackett, a community service officer, are out of the police department.

Police Chief Robert Ticer did not say whether the officers were fired or if they resigned, though Ticer did say, "I was involved in that process" regarding the officers' departure.

:snippity:

"Our goal at the Loveland Police Department has always been to make our community proud," Ticer said. "We failed, and we are very sorry for that."
The Loveland Police Chief is a real POS. This incident occurred in June 2020. It was only after Karen Garner's family released video and filed a federal civil lawsuit 11 day ago that Loveland, Colorado's leaders felt compelled to "move" on addressing this atrocity. Fuckwit!
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I knew this was coming, but it's the first time I've actually seen it said.
At one point, Hopp refers to hearing a “pop” sound as he recounts repeatedly pushing Garner, suggesting that he was aware that he had injured her.
https://www.wlbt.com/2021/04/30/officer ... -dementia/
I believe the actual quote was “Ready for the pop? Here comes the pop.”
In cop lingo, a "pop" is an IAD complaint. From listening to the booking video when he made the statement, it was obvious to me that's what he was referring to, not any "pop" sound made by her shoulder.

That being said, it's bullshit they lasted for over a year still on the streets after this happened, especially if they actually did take a pop from IAD. Did IAD even investigate? Curious if anyone else will come forward now that the dept was backed into a corner by video and a law suit.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

RVInit wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:17 am He pleaded guilty to a single charge, max 10 years. He's now a former deputy. I love that he's a felon now and can't vote.

Can’t vote until he has completed his sentence, in Georgia.

I’m satisfied that he can’t own a firearm.

I’m not a fan of disenfranchisement of felons because of its disparate impact on minorities. Once someone has paid their debt to society, let ‘em vote, I say.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:01 pm
RVInit wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:17 am He pleaded guilty to a single charge, max 10 years. He's now a former deputy. I love that he's a felon now and can't vote.

Can’t vote until he has completed his sentence, in Georgia.

I’m satisfied that he can’t own a firearm.

I’m not a fan of disenfranchisement of felons because of its disparate impact on minorities. Once someone has paid their debt to society, let ‘em vote, I say.
I agree. Given how he got so much pleasure in trying and probably succeeding in assisting the upping of charges so his victims couldn't vote I get tremendous pleasure in the thought that HE can't vote for the time being. And I hope he gets the irony of it.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The image appeared as part of a cartoon feature in the 31 December 1884 issue of Puck magazine titled, "Amateur Photography -- A Few of the Uses to Which It Can Be Advantageously Applied."

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Anything you can do...

“Dalian Atkinson murder trial: Ex-footballer Tasered and 'kicked'”
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-56979521
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Bad headline. He wasn't "triggered". He chose to act like this.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/5 ... atter-flag
Second officer arrested after being triggered by Black Lives Matter flag outside stranger’s home

A police officer has been arrested in Oregon in connection with an incident last year during which another officer allegedly vandalized a home displaying a Black Lives Matter flag. The arrest Thursday follows a grand jury indictment in which Officer Bradley Schuetz was charged with first-degree official misconduct for refusing to arrest Officer Steven Teets, who had vandalized the home, the Associated Press reported.

Teets was off duty when he allegedly saw a Black Lives Matter flag hanging outside of a residence. Feeling triggered, he then walked up the home’s driveway, set off the resident’s car alarm, and punched the flag and the metal garage door behind it before proceeding to aggressively bang on and kick the family’s front door, investigators said. The homeowner immediately called the police. The responding officer recognized Teets. Instead of supporting this officer and placing Teets under arrest, as the procedure would be with any other civilian, Schuetz reportedly then arrived at the scene and drove Teets home.

While Teets was off duty at the time of the incident, Schuetz was not. Beaverton police Sgt. Kevin MacDonald said by failing to arrest Teets, Schuetz “prevented the investigation from happening.” As a result of the incident that “terrorized” a family, Teets was later charged with second-degree criminal mischief and second-degree disorderly conduct. Forest Grove police officials then asked the Beaverton Police Department to investigate Schuetz’s involvement in November.

While Teets was placed on administrative desk duty during investigations, Schuetz is currently on paid administrative leave—despite being indicted on criminal charges, according to Forest Grove Police officials. The investigations continue per a lawsuit filed by Mirella Castaneda, one of the home’s residents, who believes that her house was targeted “because of her personal and political beliefs.” When reached for a comment regarding the arrests, Castaneda noted that the arrest itself does not solve the issue at hand.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“How US police training compares with the rest of the world”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56834733
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I knew the US police had far less training, but that difference is staggering. :o
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.usatoday.com
Karen Garner case: Ex-officers face charges in arrest of 73-year-old Colorado woman with dementia

Two former police officers face criminal charges for how they handled the June 2020 arrest of a 73-year-old Colorado woman with dementia, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Former officers Austin Hopp and Daria Jalali each face three charges related to the arrest of Loveland, Colorado, resident Karen Garner, District Attorney Gordon McLaughlin announced during an afternoon news conference.

Hopp is facing charges of second-degree assault, attempting to influence a public servant and official misconduct in last year’s arrest of Karen Garner in Loveland, a city about 50 miles (80 kilometers) north of Denver. Daria Jalali, who arrived after Garner was handcuffed, is facing charges of failing to report use of force, failing to intervene and official misconduct.

The charges against Hopp and Jalali were filed as a result of a Critical Incident Response Team investigation launched by McLaughlin on April 19 and led by Fort Collins Police Services.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.cnn.com
Body camera shows Black man being tased, kicked and dragged by Louisiana troopers before his death

(CNN)Ronald Greene, a Black man who died after a pursuit by Louisiana State Police in 2019, can be heard apologizing to officers and telling them he was scared before being tased, dragged and kicked in newly obtained body camera video by the Associated Press.

In the video, an officer approaches Greene's vehicle with a weapon drawn and says, "Let me see your f**king hands m*therf**ker."
Greene's car door is opened and you can hear a Taser going off. Greene can be heard saying, "OK, OK. I'm sorry. I'm scared. Officer, I'm scared, I'm your brother, I'm scared," as it appears he is being taken out of the vehicle.

Another video clip, obtained by the AP, shows officers forcing Greene onto the ground. An officer says, "Taser, Taser," and Greene can be heard screaming.

After being tased, Greene can be heard moaning while still on the ground and being put in handcuffs by one officer, while another officer kicks him several times. An officer can be heard saying, "I've got blood all over me, I hope this guy ain't got f**king AIDS," as Greene continues to moan.

The Associated Press reports that Greene is left lying face down moaning for more than nine minutes while officers used sanitizer wipes to wash blood off their hands and faces. This is not in any of the video segments the AP has posted online.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Greene's family filed a federal wrongful death suit filed on May 6, 2020, which alleges Greene was "brutalized by Louisiana State Police and Union Parish Deputy Officers which caused his death." The lawsuit alleges officers "used lethal force" against him. The defendants filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit. An attorney for the Greene family told CNN that case is stayed pending the outcome of the criminal investigation.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Rachel showed parts of the video last night. It was horrific.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Rachel Maddow's segment.

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“‘I’ve lost count.’ Notorious Opa-locka police sergeant German Bosque fired for seventh time”:
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 06088.html

“German Bosque, the Opa-locka police sergeant who became notorious for repeatedly getting fired and getting his job back, has been canned yet again.
“I’ve lost count. I don’t know if it was the seventh or eighth time,” Bosque said when reached on Wednesday evening. “It’s a wrongful termination. Again, I’ll be getting my job back again.”
It’s actually the seventh time Bosque has been fired in the nearly 28 years he’s worked for Opa-locka police. He’s also been arrested, and cleared, three times — most notably, Bosque went to trial and beat allegations he unlawfully handcuffed and punched a youth counselor who wanted to file a complaint against him”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

cops without common sense

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:30 pm cops without common sense

https://youtu.be/7jOgs9fNj10
In that almost 7 minute report, I didn't hear the specific nature of any complaints. Was he being disruptive to other patrons? Was he getting trespassed because he wasn't buying enough product? wth :roll:
Lani

Post by Lani »

I don't know if he actually did something to spook people. Perhaps ordered, then had no money. Apparently, he made a poopy mess in a restroom. Some places at the mall told his family caregiver that he wouldn't be allowed on their premises any more.

Families want their people to be able to make choices, have fun, and be as independent as possible for as long as possible. Arresting the guy is ridiculous. Time to defund the police - by that I mean add psychologists and social workers to the staff to handle these types of problems.

However, the time has come to have a caregiver or friend to take him to the mall. Maybe his coffee friends. If he's home alone, his daughter needs to motion detector cameras to see can be sure he is safe and hasn't gone walkabout.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”