Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Lilibet Diana Windsor For President in 2060

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Lilibet Diana Windsor For President in 2060

Post by keith »

Might as well start the fund raising now don't you think?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Lilibet Diana Windsor For President in 2060

Post by AndyinPA »

:biggrin:

Congratulations to the family!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bob

Post by bob »

There are a surprising amount of tweets asking whether she's a natural-born citizen.
Image ImageImage
Lani

Post by Lani »

and the British tabloids are complaining already. Meanwhile...

Where are the photos? :waiting:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Am I the only one appalled that they chose Queen Elizabeth’s special nickname for their daughter, especially after the queen asked no one to use it after Prince Philip died? Meghan and ‘Just Harry’ have been thoroughly trashing the BRF for several months now, and this appears to be spiteful vengeance. Apparently they plan to merchandise the name too.

At one point I thought they might give their baby the name ‘Princess’, as one British celebrity did several years ago, to make sure everyone called her that.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I understand that Prince Philip’s personal name for the Queen was “Cabbage”. That would have been a name that really stood out.

Aside. For some reason the plot of the Ealing Studios 1949 comedy, “Kind Hearts and Coronets”, about revenge for disinheritance springs to mind - worth watching for Alec Guinness’s multiple roles.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Cabbage? Srsly?

Queen Elizabeth was a beautiful woman, long ago.

EH9Z3B5XYAEAOV8.jpg
Out from under. :thumbsup:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Sunrise wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:54 am Am I the only one appalled that they chose Queen Elizabeth’s special nickname for their daughter, especially after the queen asked no one to use it after Prince Philip died? Meghan and ‘Just Harry’ have been thoroughly trashing the BRF for several months now, and this appears to be spiteful vengeance. Apparently they plan to merchandise the name too.

At one point I thought they might give their baby the name ‘Princess’, as one British celebrity did several years ago, to make sure everyone called her that.
Link, please?
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

bob wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:00 am There are a surprising amount of tweets asking whether she's a natural-born citizen.
Goes to show why people in the United States have a hard time understanding that concept.

Along those lines--if Harry ever became a US citizen, he'd have to completely renounce all titles...and Mrs. Windsor is not a citizen of the UK, she was, and still is, a US citizen.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Born in American of an American mother. Where's the controversy in that? ;)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bob

Post by bob »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:13 am Born in American of an American mother. Where's the controversy in that? ;)
I did see that allusion in a tweet somewhere.

If Markle wasn't a U.S. citizen, there might be a question under the narrow exception articulated in Wong Kim Ark (i.e., child of a diplomat). But she is, so the academic question doesn't interest me.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

She doesn't have Diplomatic Immunity, nor is She an enemy soldier.
Hic sunt dracones
bob

Post by bob »

Suranis wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:47 am She doesn't have Diplomatic Immunity, nor is She an enemy soldier.
She's a BRF duchess. There's a nonfrivolous argument in there.

But she's also a U.S. citizen.
Image ImageImage
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:11 am Cabbage? Srsly?

Queen Elizabeth was a beautiful woman long ago.

EH9Z3B5XYAEAOV8.jpg
FIFY :biggrin:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:21 am
AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:13 am Born in American of an American mother. Where's the controversy in that? ;)
I did see that allusion in a tweet somewhere.

If Markle wasn't a U.S. citizen, there might be a question under the narrow exception articulated in Wong Kim Ark (i.e., child of a diplomat). But she is, so the academic question doesn't interest me.
Does anyone know if Harry travels with a UK Diplomatic passport?

I assume that, before he stepped back from his royal duties, that, being a public part of the Royal Family and performing state duties, he probably had one.

In the scenario in which Meghan were not a US citizen, if she and Harry had Diplomatic passports, they might have qualified for immunity (although the UK could revoke the immunity). In that case, they would not have been "under the jurisdiction" of the US, as described in the 14th Amendment.

If they had normal UK (non-diplomatic) passports, the Lilibet would be a US citizen. Just ask Boris Johnson how that works.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't know if this matters in the grand scheme of things, but they did take away their security protection, so the diplomatic passport may be gone, too.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

noblepa wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:05 pm

If they had normal UK (non-diplomatic) passports, the Lilibet would be a US citizen. Just ask Boris Johnson how that works.
Meghan never had a British passport, because she never became a citizen of the UK. She carried a US passport.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Azastan wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:56 pm
noblepa wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:05 pm

Meghan never had a British passport, because she never became a citizen of the UK. She carried a US passport.
I know that. I was speaking of a scenario in which Lilibet's mother was NOT a US citizen.

Even if Meghan Markle did become a UK citizen, if she didn't renounce her US citizenship, she would be required to use a US passport to enter the US. Again, see Boris Johnson. Apparently, before he formally renounced his US citizenship, he used to argue with US customs agents when he attempted to enter the US using his UK passport. As I understand it, the law is that, if you have a US passport, you MUST use it when entering the US, regardless of any other passports you may have.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

MsDaisy wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:54 pm
Foggy wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:11 am Cabbage? Srsly?

Queen Elizabeth was a beautiful woman long ago.

EH9Z3B5XYAEAOV8.jpg
FIFY :biggrin:
Anyone who lives to 95 is beautiful!

I hope to look this good when I'm 95 (OK, she was 89 when this picture was taken, but my point stands):
► Show Spoiler
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I always thought Queen Elizabeth was a beautiful young woman and she became a lovely older woman.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RVInit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:20 pm I always thought Queen Elizabeth was a beautiful young woman and she became a lovely older woman.
Not to mention that she has CLASS! She suffered the indignities of her children's indiscretions with consummate grace.

She comes from a long-lived family. Her mother lived to be 101. She seems to be on track to attain that milestone, herself.

Return to “Current Politics”