Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Students for Trump Founder sentence for fraud

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
woodworker

Students for Trump Founder sentence for fraud

Post by woodworker »

Students for Trump founder John Lambert sentenced to 13 months for posing as lawyer

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... story.html

I don't see the problem, he was merely emulating his golden idol.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Re: Students for Trump Founder sentence for fraud

Post by fierceredpanda »

1) I am very pleased to see someone get prison time for a white-collar case. Too many defendants in such cases get off with probation or house arrest, which is where a lot of the racial disparities in prison come from.

2) I'm sure he can found Inmates for Trump and land on his feet.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
filly

Post by filly »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:18 pm 1) I am very pleased to see someone get prison time for a white-collar case. Too many defendants in such cases get off with probation or house arrest, which is where a lot of the racial disparities in prison come from.

2) I'm sure he can found Inmates for Trump and land on his feet.
Agree!

I have noted over the years that do-nothing State Bars will always come down like a ton of bricks on non-lawyers falsely holding themselves out to be lawyers. The corrupt, incompetent and shady lawyers? Not so much.
bob

Post by bob »

"For completeness":
The baby-faced scammer from Tennessee admitted to running the racket from 2016 to 2018, which targeting people who had little or no experience seeking legal advice. Lambert earned at least $46,654 through legal advice he was totally unqualified to give.
This is more than Dr. Laity Esquire giving himself a fake degree; real victims lost real money.

And filly's observation is accurate, but not authorized to practice law is so much easier to prove.
fierceredpanda wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:18 pm I'm sure he can found Inmates for Trump and land on his feet.
:fingerwag: :
Lambert’s attorney, Gary Peters, said he was disappointed with the sentence. He added that Lambert no longer supported Trump.
Image ImageImage
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

bob wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:20 pm
fierceredpanda wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:18 pm I'm sure he can found Inmates for Trump and land on his feet.
:fingerwag: :
Lambert’s attorney, Gary Peters, said he was disappointed with the sentence. He added that Lambert no longer supported Trump.
Probably only because Lambert didn't get a pre-emptive pardon from TFG.

Return to “Current Politics”