Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

Re: Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Post by Kendra »

If I heard correctly, CNN is going to have the TX lawmaker who clashed with Hegseth on air shortly.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Fox News

Post by raison de arizona »

Mr. Gneiss wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:18 pm Poor 'lil snowflake. As Foggy would say, "My heart bleeds purple peanut butter for her!"
Just checking in on Ivory Hecker and April Moss. Hecker is still giving interviews and has begun producing independent news reports on bitchute, not sure what Moss is doing. But the real news is that Hecker has grifted $192k so far, and Moss is up to $125k. Not bad.

In other news, Kim Klacik continues to say silly things.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

They should enjoy it now because 125 - 200K doesn't go as far for as long as they may think. Unless they can keep it going or have whittled their monthly expenses down to a bare minimum, they are both going to have to find a job at some point.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

RVInit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:30 pm They should enjoy it now because 125 - 200K doesn't go as far for as long as they may think. Unless they can keep it going or have whittled their monthly expenses down to a bare minimum, they are both going to have to find a job at some point.
Eh, true, but what do you think they make? A quick interweb search indicates maybe $50-60k/yr? At that rate, IF THEY BUDGET ACCORDINGLY, they'll have a good two years or more to secure other employment, yes?

That said, I don't know these two, but my experience has been that people in this situation generally get a new car, new this, new that, etc. and blow it all within six months.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Speaking of Hegseth, look who is the big cheerleader on 1/6.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Shirley when Cruz spouts off about the TX Democrats who left the state about running away and not doing their duty, Bartiromo will push back and ask him about Cancun during the winter freeze and power outage, right?

:sarcasm:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:19 pm https://twitter.com/MariaBartiromo/stat ... 5933143043

Shirley when Cruz spouts off about the TX Democrats who left the state about running away and not doing their duty, Bartiromo will push back and ask him about Cancun during the winter freeze and power outage, right?

:sarcasm:
Yeah, but you forgot about Mark Levin -- he's always good for a whiny screaming tantrum into the microphone while shaking his fist at the clouds (just so you know he's really, REALLY outraged).
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

:bored:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I had F&F on for a bit this morning. When did Rachel Capos-Duffy become a medical expert? Apparently the Delta variant is coming through the Mexican border, so just close it and everything is fixed!

Full disclosure, I was nodding off, so maybe I reamed it :shrug:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:55 am I had F&F on for a bit this morning. When did Rachel Capos-Duffy become a medical expert? Apparently the Delta variant is coming through the Mexican border, so just close it and everything is fixed!

The Delta is already in the US for several months. Was her intent to speak of the Lambda variant that has hit Peru to something like 90% of cases and is spreading thru S.America?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:55 am I had F&F on for a bit this morning. When did Rachel Capos-Duffy become a medical expert? Apparently the Delta variant is coming through the Mexican border, so just close it and everything is fixed!

You didn't. That's one of Abbot's favorite memes these days.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

i considered putting this in the Katlyn Jenner thread since she's in Oz bor Big Brother too, but I reckon it belongs here.

Far-right British commentator Katie Hopkins to be deported after boasting about undermining COVID-19 quarantine
Ms Hopkins had been brought to Australia by Channel 7 to join its reality television program Big Brother VIP, but was dropped from the program after boasting about the ways she was undermining the hotel's safety protocols, describing the lockdown as a "hoax".

Home Affairs Minister Karen Andrews told ABC News Breakfast Ms Hopkins's visa had been cancelled.

"We will be getting her out of the country as soon as we can arrange that," she said.

In a video that has since been deleted from Instagram, Ms Hopkins said she had been "lying in wait" by her door for workers delivering food to her room, so she could "spring it open and frighten the shit out of them and do it naked with no face mask".
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:34 am :bored:

When did she start huffing paint.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
raison de arizona

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:roll:

Protecting people from all sorts of risks is the primary function of governments .
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Kilmeade: That's not their job, it's not their job to protect anybody!
Obviously time to disband our military. (we would save almost a trillion tax-payer dollars/year).
raison de arizona

Volkonski wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:43 pm :roll:

Protecting people from all sorts of risks is the primary function of governments .
I'm sure that if that were true, there would be something in the Constitution about promoting the general welfare of the citizens.

Hmm. :think:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

So what would they say is the government's job? :crazy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:53 pm So what would they say is the government's job? :crazy:
Honestly, I'm sure this is why so many Republicans are on board with defunding the police.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:53 pm So what would they say is the government's job? :crazy:
That has been obvious.. Nothing. No Government since Regan's drowning the government in a bathtub would be a a government that was still bloated and too big. Thimble size would be too big.

However, they get confused and suddenly love government as long as it decides who can get married, where somebody can live, where the children of color can go to school, and enforcing "Christian" doctrine and prayer.

Oh, and somehow, the government also exists to give big bloated contracts to large corporations.

General welfare is a very limited term. My General Welfare and nobody else's.
101010 :towel:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

One of Shrubya’s professors described him as having a typical Republican outlook. Whereas most people think the job of government is to protect citizens, Shrub believed it was primarily to protect rich people and corporations from the unwashed masses.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

covfefe wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:53 pm
Volkonski wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:43 pm :roll:

I'm sure that if that were true, there would be something in the Constitution about promoting the general welfare of the citizens.

Hmm. :think:
There are citizens and there are ME! There is a difference.
Il factotum
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

To insure that republicans in general and Trump in particular are elected.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:13 pm
That has been obvious.. Nothing. No Government since Regan's drowning the government in a bathtub would be a a government that was still bloated and too big. Thimble size would be too big.

However, they get confused and suddenly love government as long as it decides who can get married, where somebody can live, where the children of color can go to school, and enforcing "Christian" doctrine and prayer.

Oh, and somehow, the government also exists to give big bloated contracts to large corporations.

General welfare is a very limited term. My General Welfare and nobody else's.
I remember a joke that Republicans are in favor of small government; just small enough to fit in your bedroom.

Return to “Current Politics”