Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Post by neonzx »

The forum is misbehaving a bit. I can't find a Fox News thread. The 2021 crash screwed us up.

So I'm just tossing this here,,,

Estiveo
Verified:

Re: Fox News

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20210427_194142.jpg
Image Image Image Image
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Estiveo wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:53 am <Image of Lindsay Graham inhaling Trump farts deleted>
Who collected the contents of that tank, and how did they do it?

Ewe. Now I need some brain bleach for my own mental image!
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Fracking.
Estiveoshot_20210511_071513.jpg
Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You are WICKED, Estiveo!!! I LUVS wicked! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Estiveo wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:53 am Estiveoshot_20210427_194142.jpg
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Chick-fil-A sauce shortage blamed on 'Joe Biden's America'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/chick-fil ... ns-america
Amid the massive fuel shortage in several states as a result of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack, Chick-fil-A is reportedly facing a short supply of its signature sauce.

Following multiple reports of the popular fast food restaurant limiting how many Chick-fil-A sauce packets each customer is allowed, social media users took to Twitter to express their outrage – not at the restaurant – but at President Joe Biden.

"Joe Biden's America," Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt tweeted.

"Joe Biden is destroying America," Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) wrote.
Ah, yeah, this is the problem. Chick-fil-a sauce shortage -- not pandemic. :brickwallsmall: Maybe Fox viewers need to learn how to cook and not rely on fast-food. Maybe?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Chick-fil-A sauce contains petrol? :eek:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Uninformed wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:27 am Chick-fil-A sauce contains petrol? :eek:
Oy, I just report the news.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Uninformed wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:27 am Chick-fil-A sauce contains petrol? :eek:
Yes.

Only manly, hetero men use it.

Wimps, gays and non Christians will burst into flames if they try it.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.mediamatters.org/brian-kilm ... dvertisers
Fox News innocently markets its long-running morning show Fox & Friends as “the latest news, political and entertainment headlines'' alongside “a variety of topical discussions.” But such a deliberately simplistic description obscures the toxicity churning through Fox & Friends, with examples as grave as sexual harassment and white nationalism, and as simply embarrassing as a 57-year-old host getting short with a sixth-grader who expressed mild disapproval of former President Donald Trump.

Amid Fox’s upfront presentations to advertisers, 44 activist groups and nonprofits, including Media Matters, signed an open letter to ad buyers imploring them to drop Fox after the network’s most destructive year of programming yet. Fox & Friends, as one of Fox’s longest-running and most influential shows in its role as near-daily viewing for former President Trump, trafficks in nearly all the same disgusting commentary that has made Fox News prime time so reliably toxic to advertisers -- and Fox News reportedly knows it. In 2019, a Fox insider reportedly told Vanity Fair that “executives are very worried Fox & Friends will be next” to suffer an advertiser boycott.

Although Fox & Friends did not face a concerted boycott push after that disclosure, it was not for lack of outrageous material. Echoing Tucker Carlson, Fox & Friends insists that undocumented immigration is an “invasion” of the United States, defending and continuing to use that racist rhetoric even after it’s accrued a gruesome body count. The hosts of Fox & Friends have also escaped responsibility for casually demeaning their colleagues and political allies on-air with bigoted language, and even for reported sexual harassment. Fox & Friends reliably generates embarrassments and controversies that have branded the show, and the network which airs it, as a cesspool of ignorant and malicious misinformation. Any advertisers that support this show risk earning a similar reputation.
Do read the whole thing.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So...after watching CNN and MSNBC coverage all morning, mostly on the WAPO story on NY grand jury reporting, I decided to watch about ten minutes of Fox (one of the *cough* serious *cough* programs, not F&F). First up at opening salvo was the outrage over Biden cancelling the Pompeo/State Department investigation into the Wuhan lab. They had Rand Paul on :sick: :sick:

Next up, riots in Portland :yawn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Why is Fox even covering this? They even mentioned it in the headlines roundup at the top of the first hour of Fox and Friends.

Granted, even for Alki Beach standards and party history by the younger set, this is unfortunate and unwelcome, but not really national news. What with the closure of the *broken* West Seattle bridge and how much of a pain-in-the-a** getting into and out of West Seattle, I'm surprised at how many showed up. Let alone found somewhere to park...

Oh wait...it's Seattle...of course they had to mention it :mad: :brickwallsmall:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

trump-incited insurrection - tourists on vacation.

Wild Memorial Day weekend beach party - BENGHAZII!!!!!!!!
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:38 pm trump-incited insurrection - tourists on vacation.

Pretty much. SMDH. Even the local media barely covered it. Yeah, West Seattle Blog, but that's their turf and they cover everything that happens in West Seattle. LOL, we're not there anymore, but it was somewhat unsettling to see the weekend headlines and another accident in the 5000 block of W Marginal Way SW and there was the yard fence trashed once again.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:38 pm trump-incited insurrection - tourists on vacation.

Maybe if they were around when I was in college, maybe Fox News could have covered my college's Lafayette Street Party and the occasional riots/parties in that neighborhood after the Central Michigan University game We made the Detroit News one year because they burned a car, but that is as close to national we got.

But, that was a different era, before Fox News.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Hunter Bidens laptop and emails

as retold by David Pakman

:doh:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Video at the link. Would link. Would like to hear other opinions and see if you reacted like I did. What a slap in the face to his co-host.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

What a load of crap.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Reading the Rawstory link (I didn't watch the video as I don't need he aggravation) the guy didn't even begun to forward a argument against reparations. He just blathered about how great America is. It was a serious case of "What the fuck are you blathering about?" So he didn't whitesplain, he sloganed and then sighed off as though he had talked about the issue, which he never actually did.

If you want what I think (ho boy)... While I think the idea of Reparations is a bad one as you would be going though bad stuff that happened to people all the way back to Cain and Able, I think what Rawstory talking about how people never got the remains of their family members back IS a case for every effort to be made to have that wrong corrected. That affects people alive today, and disrespects the dead.

Once it involves money however, greed sets in and fouls everything up with people claiming for EVERYTHING whether it happened or not and that wrecks the claims of genuine abuse as you cant tell the real from the opportunistic. That's Human Nature.

So ya, ever effort should be made to return the bodies of peoples loved ones and family members that's concrete action that can be made right in the present. As for the rest, you honour that by doing right going forward.
Hic sunt dracones
Lani

Post by Lani »

In 1988, the government officially apologized for the internment of Japanese and Japanese Americans and authorized a payment of $20,000 (equivalent to $44,000 in 2020) to each internee still alive when the act was passed. It meant a lot to the people who received the checks. Not so much for the money, but for the acknowledgement of what had happened to them.

Reparations are necessary. Whether it's cash, low mortgage rates, free college, no interest rate funding for small businesses, all of the above, whatever it takes to acknowledge the wrongs and give people a hand up.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Didn't the Black residents who survived also lose their real estate? What can be done to fix that for their descendants? Something must be done.

So proud of "sleepy?" Joe for having the cajones to stand up and speak the words yesterday no other president, D or R, would do.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:26 am Didn't the Black residents who survived also lose their real estate? What can be done to fix that for their descendants? Something must be done.

So proud of "sleepy?" Joe for having the cajones to stand up and speak the words yesterday no other president, D or R, would do.
Write a fat check to Viola Fletcher and any other living survivors to begin with. Some checks for direct descendants to acknowledge what they had taken from them that can never be returned. I like educational scholarships for further descendants to pay for their college and give them at least the semblance of a leg up they would have had, had the massacre and destruction not happened.

As a start.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I've been noticing some Faux Rage the last few days over the bad actor Putin and the hacks and HOW DARE Biden meet with him like that and legitimize him. :confuzzled: :confuzzled: :confuzzled: None of them ever mention Helsinki and other Trump/Putin meetings.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seen this morning on one of the *cough* serious *cough* Fox news show. They were harping (again!) about the origin of the Covid virus. They quoted a comment from congressman Clyburn about the need to move on (they didn't show the clip, so don't know what context the comment came from), but Bill Hemmer all but pounded his fist on the table and vented the need to get ANSWERS first before moving on...

No mention of moving on attitudes about 1/6 though :roll:

Return to “Current Politics”