Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Estiveo
Verified:

Re: Fox News

Post by Estiveo »

Evan Hurst Wonketted this story as only they can...
Estiveoshot_20210615_134337.jpg
https://www.wonkette.com/texas-weather- ... 8CwUWG_CZI
Image Image Image Image
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

So I am wondering if they actually did any coordination regarding her 'you only get one shot' on-air announcement, or if she just sorta dropped it on them without a plan or off schedule. Her actions are getting a lot (sorta) of attention, but it seems like Project Veritas was not ready to capitalize on it, and now they either have to hope the story continues to grow or they get something out before it fades.
bob

Post by bob »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:34 pmWhat did she think was going to happen? A meteorologist presenting conspiracy theories on-air and the station would be a-ok with it? .... :rotflmao:
What about conspiracy theories ... involving the weather? :think:
Image ImageImage
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

bob wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:15 pm
What about conspiracy theories ... involving the weather? :think:
First person who mentions chem-trails gets firebombed.... :flame:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I like how she "just happened" to "find" PV.
Delarin
Verified: ❌ This is not the Delarin you're looking for.

Post by Delarin »

Notaperson wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:59 pm Still no word on what the corruption is that she intends to reveal.
Video here:
https://www.projectveritas.com/news/bre ... -fox-corp/
Delarin
Verified: ❌ This is not the Delarin you're looking for.

Post by Delarin »

Also, it seems her beef really is with management at the local TV station, not with any corporate executives at Fox Corp. Headquarters as initially implied.

Cry me a river, dumbass :violin: . You don't like your editor's direction, go start your own TV station! But good luck with the advertising revenue! :rotflmao:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

The big reveal is that news stations make editorial decisions about a station making editorial decisions about what lower-level stories will play well in their time slot and which stories need better research? O'Keefe's slipping.
101010 :towel:
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

The Daily Beast updated their reporting to say she's been fired.

It will be interesting to see whether she lands a job with AON.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just read the Daily Beast article. Sorry can't link from here but...Wow! She threw away a promising career bc she was banned from doing Bitcoin and hydroxycloroquine stories. What a dipshit. She Is why blondes get a bad rap.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Possibly a step up from TV “hosts” who are willing to say absolutely anything they are told to? :shrug:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

In "don't quit your day job" news.

Hic sunt dracones
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

northland10 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:26 pm The big reveal is that news stations make editorial decisions about a station making editorial decisions about what lower-level stories will play well in their time slot and which stories need better research? O'Keefe's slipping.
So.. she lost her job over revealing that TV stations have finite resources?

(edited to add) ah, read a summary. looks like she was upset that they would not let her ask question in an interview or do pieces on hydroxychloroquine.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neeneko wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:39 am
northland10 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:26 pm The big reveal is that news stations make editorial decisions about a station making editorial decisions about what lower-level stories will play well in their time slot and which stories need better research? O'Keefe's slipping.
So.. she lost her job over revealing that TV stations have finite resources?
Veritatas wrote: * Hecker obtained recordings of her superiors telling her to prioritize the opinion of the station’s General Manager, and the company’s CEO, above that of the audience.

* Hecker: “What’s happening within Fox Corp is an operation of prioritizing corporate interests above the viewer's interest and, therefore, operating in a deceptive way.”
It's like these people don't understand how a business works. Yes, the GM and the CEO get to call the shots. That's how it works. That's how all this works. Start your own business and be the CEO, then you get to call your own shots. Of course they are prioritizing corporate interests above the viewer's, they are in this to make money, not as a public service. Perhaps Veritatas is advocating for the gubermint to take over all TV and cable? I dunno. What a stupid thing to lose one's job over.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I'm still chewing on how the whole "poor PoC aren't interested in bitcoin and poor PoC are our target audience" is racist.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Cranking up the outrage/grift email machine:

Jun 15, 2021, 12:24 PM (22 hours ago)

Less than 24 hours after going on live TV to make her announcement about coming forward to Project Veritas, Fox 26 Houston reporter Ivory Hecker was informed she is being suspended from the network effective immediately.

You can listen to the call Ivory Hecker received informing her of the suspension here:

It’s sad to see that brave individuals like Ivory get suspended simply for telling the truth.

If this doesn’t prove corporate media is broken, I don’t know what does.

Stay tuned as Ivory’s story will be coming out in the next few hours…you won’t want to miss it.

In Veritas,

James

After releasing that, she was terminated from the timeline. Still want to know how much money they promised her from GoFundMe.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:47 am I'm still chewing on how the whole "poor PoC aren't interested in bitcoin and poor PoC are our target audience" is racist.
It is also an interesting claim since one of the big 'selling points' BTC proponents keep harping about is how much it will help poor PoC, esp 'in Africa',but also in the US.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:47 am I'm still chewing on how the whole "poor PoC aren't interested in bitcoin and poor PoC are our target audience" is racist.
Seriously, they are complaining about two opposite things. First, that Fox is NOT catering to the audience ("prioritize the opinion of the station’s General Manager, and the company’s CEO, above that of the audience"). Second, that Fox IS catering to the audience ("a Fox 26 executive said that a 'poor African-American audience' wouldn’t care about Bitcoin stories"). Well, which one do you want them to do? Cater to the audience, or not? And P.S., it isn't your decision. They may or may not welcome your input, but they don't have to.

I guess it depends on which point they want to argue at a particular moment.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Also, If they don’t like Fox “catering to Big Bidness” maybe they’d prefer to subscribe to a $50 monthly, ad-free version.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

If she attended one, this poor child is an indictment of journamalism school.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Sadly, this woman will probably go far in the RWNJ world. Her whole complaint seems to centre around being told to, well, do her job. She was a junior reporter, she was given assignments and told what to read on the air. But she wanted to do the stories SHE wanted to do and have her network air the content she wanted to produce, oh the oppression at being paid to do certain tasks instead of having uncontested access to broadcasting resources like she deserves!

So yeah, the sense of entitlement and how her boss is not the boss of her will resonate well.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

neeneko wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:00 pm Sadly, this woman will probably go far in the RWNJ world. Her whole complaint seems to centre around being told to, well, do her job. She was a junior reporter, she was given assignments and told what to read on the air. But she wanted to do the stories SHE wanted to do and have her network air the content she wanted to produce, oh the oppression at being paid to do certain tasks instead of having uncontested access to broadcasting resources like she deserves!

So yeah, the sense of entitlement and how her boss is not the boss of her will resonate well.
Isn't that what podcasts and You tube are for?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

neeneko wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:00 pm Sadly, this woman will probably go far in the RWNJ world. Her whole complaint seems to centre around being told to, well, do her job. She was a junior reporter, she was given assignments and told what to read on the air. But she wanted to do the stories SHE wanted to do and have her network air the content she wanted to produce, oh the oppression at being paid to do certain tasks instead of having uncontested access to broadcasting resources like she deserves!

And, IMHO, if she was involved with Project Veritas, she has a distorted idea of the truth, so, if allowed, she would probably be reporting on all kinds of conspiracy theories and RWNJ baloney.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

noblepa wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:27 pm

And, IMHO, if she was involved with Project Veritas, she has a distorted idea of the truth, so, if allowed, she would probably be reporting on all kinds of conspiracy theories and RWNJ baloney.
She claims to have "found" them just before she had her little conniption on-air. No connection prior to that as far as I know. So much for her "investigative journalist" chops if that's true.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Don't worry about her, he mother has raised over 127K at some right wing fund raising site for her, she's got her golden parachute now... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Current Politics”