Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Fox News

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

That's President OSG.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:01 pm That's President OSG.
Ahem,. Former President OSG.

I'm not sure if calling him F***wad 45 is civilized but it is fun.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Maria Bartiromo is on the Board of Trustees at
@nyuniversity
. We are calling on the university to remove her immediately.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

She has so completely lost her way. It's really a shame to see how far she's fallen.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Post by neonzx »

Newsmax host compares Donald Trump to Batman
Benny Johnson: “Both Trump and Batman are rich, mysterious, unpredictable guys”
https://www.mediamatters.org/newsmax/ne ... ump-batman

:crazy:
I’m Batman. Actually I’m Benny Johnson. But as many of you know, we are enormous Batman fans on this show. The Dark Knight is America’s finest superhero, for obvious reasons.

He is tough. He has the best tools and villains to fight. And unlike those villains, and many of his fellow superheroes, Batman has no special supernatural powers. He has no DNA mutation.

Outsiders tendency to see and solve problems that insiders cannot. They are by nature against the system, against the corruption of the establishment. This is what makes Batman iconic. He fights the corrupt establishment. Kind of reminds me of someone.

Both Trump and Batman are rich, mysterious, unpredictable guys. They own skyscrapers in Gotham. They have a cult-like hero status for throwing their privileged lives away and getting their hands dirty.

Both have a helicopter and a plane. But it’s their outsider status that make them work. They have not been part of the corrupt system, so they can see the problems. They can break the machine when it needs to be broken. :snippity:
Point of note, Benny has been fired from several gigs over plagiarism.
/
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Can you simultaneously vomit and laugh?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:sick: :sick: :sick:
Jim

Post by Jim »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:13 pm Can you simultaneously vomit and laugh?
I've made women laugh so hard they peed their pants...does that count? :confuzzled:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

More Newsmax. You can't make this sh*t up. Is it a SNL Cold Open?

Newsmax host suggests vaccines are “against nature,” and some diseases are “supposed to wipe out a certain amount of people”
Rob Schmitt: “That's just kind of the way evolution goes. Vaccines kind of stand in the way of that”

https://www.mediamatters.org/newsmax/ne ... d-wipe-out

ROB SCHMITT (HOST): When it comes to vaccines, and I really do want to make this clear, I mean, I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I'm not a pro-vaxxer. I'm somebody that's looking at this thing and trying to figure it out. I've got people in my family, very close to me, who I thought should get vaccinated because when you weigh the risks. But when it comes to vaccines in general, are you of the consensus that it could potentially take a long time to really know what a vaccination does to people in some cases?

SCHMITT: You know, one thing I've always thought, and maybe you can guide me on this because, obviously, I'm not a doctor. But I've always thought about vaccines, and I always think about just nature, and the way everything works. And I feel like a vaccination in a weird way is just generally kind of going against nature. Like, I mean, if there is some disease out there -- maybe there's just an ebb and flow to life where something's supposed to wipe out a certain amount of people, and that's just kind of the way evolution goes. Vaccines kind of stand in the way of that. Do you follow what I'm saying? Does that make sense to somebody in medicine?

DR. PETER MCCULLOUGH (GUEST): Well, there are some reports that support what you're saying. There's one by Nissan and colleagues from Boston and the Mayo Clinic that shows among vaccinated populations the diversity of different strains is narrowing. So it's going to be fewer numbers of strains. Right now in the United States, we're about 40% UK variant or the Alpha variant, and we're about 30% now Delta, which is the Indian variant. They get progressively weaker, but the diversity is changing with vaccination. And I think, probably, the best way to think about it is vaccines really ought to be targeted to protect the highest-risk individuals. A young person like you, if you got COVID, it's very easily treatable. You get through it. Natural immunity, for sure, is superior.

SCHMITT: Yeah, you know, that's -- you make a good point there. Again, it's like if you've got this big risk, I think it might be worth whatever it is. But if you don't have a risk, I just, I can't comprehend why you would take something -- they start learning about the heart inflammation and stuff like that. I just don't understand why it's being pushed so hard on people that are very young. And now they're trying to give it to kids. You saw today, you know, the CDC saying that going back to school in the fall, it looks like if your kid's not vaccinated, they're going to have to wear a mask next year.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I bet if he gets cancer he will get treatment. If his eyesight becomes so poor as to make it difficult for him to survive among the fittest he would probably get himself a pair of contact lenses. I'll stop there but this could go on for a very long time.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
somerset

Post by somerset »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:26 pm More Newsmax. You can't make this sh*t up. Is it a SNL Cold Open?

Newsmax host suggests vaccines are “against nature,” and some diseases are “supposed to wipe out a certain amount of people”
Rob Schmitt: “That's just kind of the way evolution goes. Vaccines kind of stand in the way of that”

https://www.mediamatters.org/newsmax/ne ... d-wipe-out

He's right, you know. Look at the mortality rate amongst the un-vaccinated RWNJs. That's just Dog's way of "thinning the herd" and raising the overall IQ of mankind ;)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Fox posts a pretty prominent disclaimer under tfg.
416EDF0E-1D3A-4338-966B-884D30E3927B.png
416EDF0E-1D3A-4338-966B-884D30E3927B.png (366.71 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Seriously?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So, the reason this guy gets on a National News program is becasue he is a Father from "Il."

Guess they ran out of historians willing to say what they want, huh?
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

First Native People were enslaved, but they died off too easily from European disease. If it wasn't about race, why didn't they enslave whites? It would have been easier than sailing to Africa.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Disease wasn't really the issue. It was the fact they run away too easily, and knew how to blend into the local country so they were hard to run down. That was what became a real issue before the civil war. With states close by that would not hand back runaways, it became a LOT easier for Blacks to run off.

Africans died from "white man" diseases too, as it happens. That's one reason people died on slave ships crossing the Atlantic.
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Suranis wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:51 am Disease wasn't really the issue. It was the fact they run away too easily, and knew how to blend into the local country so they were hard to run down.
You are right about their ability to run off as, unlike slaves brought from other countries, they knew the country and knew how to hide (and could find others who also knew). However, disease likely also helped has the huge drop in population from European diseases reduced the numbers available so even when whites came close enough, the native populations had already dwindled heavily. The Caribbean death toll from disease, where they could not easily hide away, was huge, IIRC.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Slavery predates recorded human history, IMHO. Been around for a long, long time. :daydreaming:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Suranis wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:51 am Africans died from "white man" diseases too, as it happens. That's one reason people died on slave ships crossing the Atlantic.
There was one key disease though that people from Africa had resistance to that neither europeans nor north americans had : Malaria. It is also a disease that thrives in the types of environments one finds themselves in if they are working with, say, cotton, sugar, or tobacco. The mortality rate for getting slaves across the atlantic was high, but once you had them here, they would survive in the fields, and rather critically, so would their children.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“You have made a lot of money personally and you have enriched a lot of corporations with advertising by getting on here and spewing lies and conspiracy theories.. so what I’m asking you to do is to tell your voters that Donald Trump lost the election”
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:08 am
I saw that on MTG yesterday...
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

TY, I had wondered where that all originated. Should have known :bag:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

It’s also not true. Men can lactate, though not enough to sustain an infant. Males also produce the hormone prolactin but it has different functions in the male body. He’s probably using a supplemental nursing system, maybe even the one developed by Sprout’s pediatrician for adoptive mothers. ( I learned a lot from the consultant.)

I gotta say, going from Freedumb Phone to ‘Oh, no, he can’t do that, it’s grossing me out’ is predictably whiplashy.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's the full interview from the post above. :lol:
POLITICS 07/14/2021 04:32 am ET Updated 6 hours ago
Fox News Host Slammed On His Own Show For ‘Spewing Lies And Conspiracy Theories’
TV personality Pete Hegseth was repeatedly asked if Donald Trump lost the 2020 election. He dodged Texas state Rep. James Talarico’s questions.
By Lee Moran

Fox News personality Pete Hegseth’s interview with Texas state Rep. James Talarico (D) went awry on Tuesday when Talarico called out the conservative host for “spewing lies and conspiracy theories” on air. Talarico, during a discussion about the Democratic state lawmakers (including himself) who left Texas on Monday to thwart GOP efforts to pass new laws that will restrict voting, told Hegseth the reason so many people believe ex-President Donald Trump’s election lie is “because folks like you get on television every night and repeat the lie over and over again.”

“You have made a lot of money personally and you have enriched a lot of corporations with advertising by getting on here and spewing lies and conspiracy theories to folks who trust you,” Talarico continued as Hegseth repeatedly tried to talk over him. “And so what I’m asking you to do is to tell your voters right now that Donald Trump lost the election in 2020. Can you admit that? Did you catch what I just said? Did you hear what I asked?” Talarico asked.

“Did Donald Trump lose the election in 2020? Can you answer the question? Did Donald Trump lose the election in 2020?” he added. “I think I’m answering the questions,” replied Hegseth. “I don’t really feel any obligation to answer anything of you.” “Is this an uncomfortable question for you?” Talarico asked. “No,” said Hegseth, before pivoting to attack Talarico for leaving Texas.

Watch the exchange from the 11:20 mark here:

Pete's a really classy dude.

Report: Fox’s Pete Hegseth To Marry Mistress Following Affair With Co-Worker
Pete Hegseth is on to his third marriage, after his first two wives reportedly filed for divorce, alleging infidelity.
JAKE THOMAS AUG 16, 2019

Fox & Friends co-host and “family values” Republican Peter Hegseth reportedly will marry his mistress at one of President Donald Trump’s golf clubs this weekend, with a ceremony and reception planned at the Trump National Golf Club Colts Neck in New Jersey. The Daily Beast reported on Friday that Hegseth and Fox Nation producer Jennifer Rauchet, who have one child together, were seen in a Wednesday Instagram post posing for pictures during their wedding rehearsal.

This marriage marks Hegseth’s third time tying the knot, after his first two wives filed for divorce following alleged infidelity. The Fox host and producer were long thought to be engaged in an extramarital affair, well before the couple admitted their relationship. In August 2017, they announced the birth of their daughter, and the following month, Hegseth’s wife filed for divorce, according to APM Reports and Mediate.
https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellect ... -co-worker
An APM Reports investigation has found Hegseth engaged in two extramarital affairs with co-workers during two marriages and paid his brother — who had no professional experience — $108,000 to work for him while chief executive of a non-profit. And while running a political action committee in his native Minnesota, Hegseth spent a third of the PAC's money on Christmas parties for families and friends.
https://www.apmreports.org/story/2018/0 ... ppointment
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hegseth is vile. I think it was last weekend on F&F and Rachel Duffy (sp?) was stretching for Governor Whitmer's name. Hegseth whispered (not sure if he meant the mic to catch it or not), but told his co-host that it was lockup (lockdown?) Whitmer. Eff him.

Return to “Current Politics”