Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Caitlyn Jenner for Governor and Grift / War Between GOP & MAGA / Brad Parscale

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Re: Caitlyn Jenner for Governor and Grift / War Between GOP & MAGA / Brad Parscale

Post by zekeb »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:49 am It drives me crazy when people talk about wanting to run government like a business, as though that's a great model. And even if it was, government's goals and business' goals are not the same. Of course, that's the republican mantra.
Businesses are generally designed to create wealth for the owners. Governments should be designed for benefit of all the people. A business can shed unprofitable components. A government cannot. The comparison is much different than that of apples and oranges.
Il factotum
p0rtia

Re: Caitlyn Jenner for Governor and Grift / War Between GOP & MAGA / Brad Parscale

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:49 am It drives me crazy when people talk about wanting to run government like a business, as though that's a great model. And even if it was, government's goals and business' goals are not the same. Of course, that's the republican mantra.
I'll see your crazy and raise you:

A friend who identified as an independent and prided herself on doing her research (before the term became a red flag for conspiracy theorists) and read the books of all the candidates, favored Ben Carson in 2016. When I questioned his lack of experience in y'know, everything that wasn't surgery, she explained that because he was a lead surgeon and had to supervise a large team ( just checked, and Wikipedia says 70 people), she figured he would do okay leading the executive branch.

Is he still heading up HUD, btw? /sarcasm
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Ask New Orleans how electing a businessman (Ray Nagin) worked out.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:41 pm Ask New Orleans how electing a businessman (Ray Nagin) worked out.
Or Wisconsin with Ron Johnson.

Then there was noted private sector fetishist Scott Walker, whose fetish always struck people who closely followed his career as very strange given that he had never actually worked in the private sector.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

IF the Dems decide it’s in their interest to field a candydate I hope it’s Tom Steyer. I liked his ideas. Too bad he seems to be missing a personality - he’s a wonk, not an entertainer. I prefer wonks, personally.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:08 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:41 pm Ask New Orleans how electing a businessman (Ray Nagin) worked out.
Or Wisconsin with Ron Johnson.

Then there was noted private sector fetishist Scott Walker, whose fetish always struck people who closely followed his career as very strange given that he had never actually worked in the private sector.
Walker worked his way into getting within one semester oh graduation at Marquette and then didn't graduate. His prowess at not quite finishing what he started. Look at the Foxconn boondoggle.
Il factotum
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Harassed at CPAC Dallas. The account is not Nick Fuentes, it's a copy account, that's not a checkmark at the end, it's a gear. They think they are so clever.

'Look at that sick freak': Caitlyn Jenner is hit with vile transphobic abuse during CPAC conference as tormentor films himself repeatedly calling aspiring California governor 'Bruce'
Caitlyn Jenner was harassed with transphobic comments and 'deadnamed' during Friday's Conservative Political Action Conference
'Deadnaming' is calling a trans person by their birth gender name, in Friday's case, a man at the conference could be yelling 'Bruce!' at Jenner
It's still unclear who took the video, which was posted to Twitter on Saturday by the page @PatriotTakes
Jenner has recently tried to endear herself to the GOP after announcing her run for Governor of California in late April
Beginning in early May, she began towing party lines on critical race theory and transgender athletes
'That was actually really troubling.... listen to the disgust in his voice. We have a really big problem' one person tweeted in response to the video
The Conservative Political Action Conference kicked of Friday in Dallas
By MATT MCNULTY FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 13:57 EDT, 10 July 2021 | UPDATED: 14:31 EDT, 10 July 2021

Caitlyn Jenner was hit with vile transphobic abuse at the Conservative Political Action Conference by a heckler who called her Bruce and branded her a 'sick freak.'

The former Olympic gold decathlete, 71, was repeatedly called 'Bruce' by the troll, who appeared to be filming himself abusing Jenner.

He struck as the aspiring California governor chatted with fans in the lobby of the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas on Friday.

The abuser, who has not been named, could be heard shouting: 'Hey Bruce. Bruce. What do you think of the stuff they're teaching in schools regarding the LGBTQ? Bout Jesus Christ Bruce, don't forget about Jesus.'

He then added: 'Look at that sick freak.'

Jenner did not rise to the cruelty, and pretended not to notice the man as she strolled through the lobby and into a waiting SUV.

She fell victim to a practice known as 'deadnaming' - where a transgender person is deliberately called the name they used before transitioning in a bid to upset them.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -CPAC.html

Oh. Also 1st press conference.

Good Day Sacramento @GoodDaySac
‘I’m Here To Win It’: Caitlyn Jenner Holds Her 1st News Conference In California Recall Election Run
Caitlyn Jenner held her first news conference Friday as a Republican candidate for California governor, 77 days after announcing she was entering a recall election that could remove first-term...
gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com
3:34 PM · Jul 9, 2021·SocialNewsDesk

Damn, Foggy, now you have a HUGE DILEMMA: Will you be riding the Amy Kremer bus, or the Caitlyn Jenner bus? Maybe split the time and fly between so there's no fighting?
Jenner said she would spend the final month of the campaign on a bus tour of the state. She also said she would release her tax returns next week. After an initial burst of publicity when she announced her candidacy on April 23, Jenner has faded from the campaign spotlight while other GOP candidates have sought to raise their profiles. They include San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer and businessman John Cox, who was defeated by Newsom in 2018. State Assemblyman Kevin Kiley entered the race last week, and conservative radio host Larry Elder is considering a run.

The 71-year-old Jenner has anchored her campaign to televised media interviews, which have included embarrassing stumbles that highlighted her inexperience, including recently acknowledging she wasn’t deeply versed in Newsom’s latest budget. Jenner’s brief appearance before reporters was devoid of any detailed policy discussion. Jenner suggested building desalination plants to produce more water for the drought-ridden state but provided no specifics about when or where such plants could be built.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thisclose to putting this in the Democrats Win 2022 topic... CATFIGHT!

Marjorie Taylor Greene and Caitlyn Jenner feud on Twitter
BY OLAFIMIHAN OSHIN - 07/12/21 05:01 PM EDT

Rep. Majorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and California gubernatorial candidate Caitlyn Jenner (R) sparred on Twitter on Monday following an appearance by Jenner at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

"GOP support & consultants working to elect Jenner for Governor in CA are playing the left’s stupid identity politics game. A game that sells out our faith, family, and freedoms," Greene's post read. "Stop promoting this man in a dress & NEVER-Trumper. CA Patriots worked too hard & deserve better," Greene added.

In response, Jenner said the Georgia lawmaker had "backed down to the woke mob." “Tough talk coming from someone who backed down to the woke mob and settled out of court with a Twitter troll,” Jenner wrote. “Now your money is being used to take guns away from law abiding Americans.”

Jenner, who announced earlier this year that she’s running as a Republican for governor of California amid an effort to recall current Gov. Gavin Newsom (D), made an appearance at the CPAC conference, where she was met with transphobic remarks. Conservative pundit Tomi Lahren said in a tweet on Monday that the transphobic attacks toward Jenner “are despicable.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5626 ... on-twitter

Tomi Lahren got involved.

Lauren is not amused by any of this.

Lauren Jenner.JPG
Lauren Jenner.JPG (80.37 KiB) Viewed 2724 times

Lauren Tomi.JPG
Lauren Tomi.JPG (69.06 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

They are all crazy.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Your occasional reminder that you can be a trans ally and still think Caitlyn Jenner is an asshole.

Also, if anyone in this slap fight looks like a man in a dress, it's Empty G.
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

This is the settlement from back in March Caitlyn is referring to:
Rep. Greene agrees not to block critics from Twitter account

LOS ANGELES (AP) — U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene and a Los Angeles-based political action committee have reached a settlement that bars the Georgia Republican from blocking anyone from her public Twitter account or other social media while she’s in office.

Greene also agreed to pay $10,000 to cover legal fees for MeidasTouch LLC, which plans to donate the money to two nonprofit groups, according to Ben Meiselas, the PAC’s co-founder and a lawyer whose clients have included former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
:snippity:
However, Greene was acidly critical of the settlement in a tweet.

“Because of this PAC’s frivolous lawsuit against me, I’m not allowed to block people that threaten my life and my children’s lives every single day on social media,” she tweeted. “And they are bragging about donating the money to organizations that want to take away my guns, so I couldn’t defend myself and my children, when people show up to murder us.”
:snippity:
https://apnews.com/article/marjorie-tay ... 0b6fc21298
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Caitlyn Jenner put her gubernatorial campaign on pause to film the new season of Celebrity Big Brother.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:45 am https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1 ... 5730004997
Caitlyn Jenner put her gubernatorial campaign on pause to film the new season of Celebrity Big Brother.
And we are supposed to take her seriously. :? Is that how it works in her universe?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

When do we get to see a reality tv series Celebrity Big Presidents Unpresidential Candidates :?:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:09 pm When do we get to see a reality tv series Celebrity Big Presidents Unpresidential Candidates :?:
When the 2024 GQP primary occurs...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Friends of a friend of a relative of an acquaintance on a University sports discussion board claim they were on a plane surrounded by police on the tarmac at LAX bound for Sydney. Caitlyn Jenner is on the plane refusing to wear a mask and abusing the flight crew. Why is she going to Sydney? Sydney is locked down tight as a fishes ass at the moment. Where is she going to find an celebrity quarantine isolation homestay? Shouldnt she be on the campaign trail?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

keith wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:54 pm Friends of a friend of a relative of an acquaintance on a University sports discussion board claim they were on a plane surrounded by police on the tarmac at LAX bound for Sydney. Caitlyn Jenner is on the plane refusing to wear a mask and abusing the flight crew. Why is she going to Sydney? Sydney is locked down tight as a fishes ass at the moment. Where is she going to find an celebrity quarantine isolation homestay? Shouldnt she be on the campaign trail?
:confuzzled: Doesn't she have her own plane? Not challenging what you're posting, but why a commercial plane?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I don't think her lil Cessna or whatever can make it to Australia.
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Beleaguered airline rep, announcing over plane’s intercom: “Ms. Jenner, we’ve taken the liberty of booking you on the next (other airline’s) flight to Sydney, as we’ve been temporarily grounded as a result of your performance today. You may actually get there ahead of schedule.

But all these other folks will have their travel plans bolloxed, as they sit and wait for the local police and FAA officials to sort things out, yeah thanks for that, but hey. MAGA. FREEDOM. Fuck Your Feelings. We get it.

You may go now.”
Lani

Post by Lani »

Caitlin Jenner Faces Backlash After Flying to Australia to Film Big Brother
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ca ... ar-AAMfQfa
Adelaide newspaper the Advertiser reported that Jenner, 71, had arrived in Sydney this week ahead of an appearance on the program shown on Australia's Channel 7.

Even though it is thought that she will go into a two-week quarantine before spending a week on the set of the TV show, locals who are forbidden from leaving the country accused her of receiving special treatment.

Adding to the rancor is the fact that there are thought to be as many as 34,000 Australians overseas trying to get home, yet just only 3000 are allowed to return each week due to travel restrictions to curb the disease, Australia's ABC News reported.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Has everybody heard about the bird?
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Has Caitlin Jenner ever read or even heard of the book ‘How to Make Friends and Influence People’? Seems as though she’s not aware of how poorly her actions will affect people’s votes.
Luke

Post by Luke »

From that VF article:
The former Olympian landed in Sydney, Australia, this week, according to local Adelaide tabloid The Advertiser, where she will now have to quarantine for two weeks before filming for the new season of Celebrity Big Brother begins. While the show has yet to confirm Jenner’s casting on the program, according to the outlet she is expected to be paid roughly $372,500 for the appearance.
The question to ask Brad Parscale & the other grifters running her campaign is: Will she donate the $372K to reduce California's deficit? Or is she giving it to charity? Which one?

According to TMZ:
11:14 AM PT -- Sources close to production tell us ... Caitlyn will be in Australia for a total of 3 weeks -- 2 weeks quarantining per the country's COVID rules, and one week filming the show.
Hard to imagine they only shoot a week, but maybe she worked it out to get kicked off first.

Hope she can make it back for the statewide bus tour she promised, Kate will be heartbroken if that happens.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

California is currently running a huge surplus.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Current Politics”